Mar 28 2011
By: StuByph Uncharted Territory 1680 posts

PS2 Titles on NGP

8 replies 24 views Edited Mar 28, 2011

Yes it may all be my speculation but I don't care the PSP and PSP Go can play PS titles so why not give birth to PS2 titles with a online 3G and Wifi (AD-HOC) feature added to them.....I am going to make further speculations and name a few PS2 titles I would like to see reborn and a little bit about there should be online (AD-HOC) feature I would wish for

1. Dragon Ball Z: Budakai Tenkaichi 3

I would have the same layout just a online multiplayer allowing up to 10 people for those 5 on 5 battles

2. Metal Gears...and I'm not talking the ones "Of War" I mean the ones of Solid Snake, Jack Raiden, Big Boss, Fox Hound and all the rest of that Tactical Espionage Action that goes on at Hideo Kojima

3. And the one I will finish out my short list with that I hope will intense you all to throw up some of your PS2 wishes to be supported on NGP is (drum roll)

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas......Yes sir with a 8-16 player 3G(infrastructure) and 2-8 player AD-HOC(LAN) ability and as well you can import your old GTA: SA game save to your NGP to use for the single player portion of the game and as well can be used to be the weapons load out for multiplayer and a charector creator that allows us to use any of the avatars heads and bodies of the avatars in the game with the ability to swap any clothes on them that is featured in the game .....Yea that wraps that up

I know there are more PS2 titles that would be just great to have reborn on PSN for use on the NGP( PS3 as well) what would yours be????

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 1 of 9 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Re: PS2 Titles on NGP

Mar 28, 2011

There aren't too many I can think of, because if I'm going to play a PS2 game, I'd mostly like want to play it on one. However, some would be nice to have portably, like:

1. THPS4. Having all the old skaters and challenges and levels and everything that was great about it... Put infrastructure online mode in it too, and it would be awesome.

2. Socom 2. Since Zipper doesn't seem to be planning on bringing a Socom to the NGP, just remake the one most people consider to be the best. Never got a chance to play the online, so I'd love to have it on NGP. Maybe people wouldn't it like it on a handheld, but wouldn't hurt to give it a shot (or just remake it on PS3)

3. Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter series. All of them

4. Madden 2004. My favorite franchise mode ever, and I would love to use the old roster it had again. Just remake all of the PS2 maddens from 03 to 05 maybe... It would be cool to play in an oline league with the older rosters.

lensflare15 Trophy Card
Message 2 of 9 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Mar 28, 2011

Darkwatch & twisted metal black online & god hand would be nice!

Message 3 of 9 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Mar 28, 2011

I can see ps2 titles being ported to NGP, but i can't see them having online play available.

Message 4 of 9 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Mar 28, 2011

Well i disagree considering developers have re-released hd remakes of playstation 2 games with additional features & it's even easier to make changes to digital copy of a playstation 2 game & add additional features.

Message 5 of 9 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Mar 28, 2011

I'm not saying they didn't add some features, having online features for a old ps2 game means the company has to have servers running and they are paying bills for a game that a small amout of people would play. I can see Sony games ones that sony has published and made having some online capability but old PS2 games from other companies like capcom or ubisoft i wouldn't put my money on it. Another way i it might happen is like with sonic adventure on DC or sonic 4 where you can post your high score something like that, more than likely.

Message 6 of 9 (24 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29462 posts

Mar 28, 2011

StuByph wrote:

1. Dragon Ball Z: Budakai Tenkaichi 3

2. Metal Gears...and I'm not talking the ones "Of War"

3. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas......

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

The NGP has no ability to run PS2 games.  As Sony was unable to write an effective software emulator for the PS2 on the Cell processor, which is significantly more powerful than the NGP's processor; it isn't likely that we will see any "PS2 Classics" on the NGP.  You can still count on your fingers the number of PS2 games that have been remade on the PS3, and PSN support for some of those is limited to trophies. Online play would make the cost of the PS2 remakes significantly higher, and therefore significantly less likely to happen. Frankly, even if Atari had not lost the DBZ license, which pretty much guarantees that none of the Budokai Tenkaichi games will appear on any other system ever again; it would still be a lot more likely that one of the PS3 Dragon Ball Z games would appear on the NGP. MGS3 is being ported to the 3DS, so it is entirely possible that it will be ported to the NGP also.  MGS4 is way too big for a portable console.  I suppose a port of The Twin Snakes would be a possibilty as well, but Konami might think that game is too old. Rockstar has done a few portable games in the GTA series.  All of them were exclusive to portables. None were PS2 ports. At least two Rockstar PSP games, The Warriors and Midnight Club 3 : Dub edition, were PS2 ports.  It is possible that San Andreas might happen, but it is very unlikely.  Rockstar hasn't shown any interest in the past in resurrecting their old games on new platforms. On the plus side, that also means that we won't see Oni resurrected again either.

GKP
Message 7 of 9 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 28, 2011

@ lensflare15

Yea they have not said anything about Socom but that would be socom fail not to get on the NGP some....I mean look at all the Socom PSP titles...so keep hope alive...THPS yes for sure let me get some of that cause at some point in the THPS series dropped in the halfpipe and never came back up

@ dragon_frost

yeeeeees twisted metal...bring that crazy clown and his legion back

@ bronxz32

dude have you not seen Marvel vs Capcom 2 on PSN it has a online ability.....and to my knowledge with AD-HOC Party you can play AD_HOC titles as if they were infrastructure...never the less MvsC 2 is a PS2 title on PSN that has an online multiplayer.....read further along and you make a good point that is probably why Marvel vs Capcom 2 has been redone with online....MvsC is still alive in a new age....not to mention Street Fighter...being that I would like to have the Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix able to be played on the NGP as well

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 8 of 9 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 28, 2011

gkpama00 wrote:

The NGP has no ability to run PS2 games.  As Sony was unable to write an effective software emulator for the PS2 on the Cell processor, which is significantly more powerful than the NGP's processor; it isn't likely that we will see any "PS2 Classics" on the NGP.  You can still count on your fingers the number of PS2 games that have been remade on the PS3, and PSN support for some of those is limited to trophies. Online play would make the cost of the PS2 remakes significantly higher, and therefore significantly less likely to happen. Frankly, even if Atari had not lost the DBZ license, which pretty much guarantees that none of the Budokai Tenkaichi games will appear on any other system ever again; it would still be a lot more likely that one of the PS3 Dragon Ball Z games would appear on the NGP. MGS3 is being ported to the 3DS, so it is entirely possible that it will be ported to the NGP also.  MGS4 is way too big for a portable console.  I suppose a port of The Twin Snakes would be a possibilty as well, but Konami might think that game is too old. Rockstar has done a few portable games in the GTA series.  All of them were exclusive to portables. None were PS2 ports. At least two Rockstar PSP games, The Warriors and Midnight Club 3 : Dub edition, were PS2 ports.  It is possible that San Andreas might happen, but it is very unlikely.  Rockstar hasn't shown any interest in the past in resurrecting their old games on new platforms. On the plus side, that also means that we won't see Oni resurrected again either.

I'm sorry if they say it's spamming but I had to get at you separate...first off

I need you to please hit me with a link to this information and please say it has came from some official Sony broadcast of some sort

Let's not forget that the PSP it self could host LAN (AD-HOC) and when it did I never had lag issues....so we don't necessarily need the companies to provide a server

Yes I know this is sad cause I have not been able to really get behind the new DBZ's I feel they lack compared to DBZ:BT3

Dude they were doing MGS4 on the NGP at the the Tokyo Show....what are you talking about Tokyo Show 2011

look 11 mins into part 5

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 9 of 9 (24 Views)
0 Likes