Jun 17 2014
By: MusiM First Son 1 posts

PS2 PSN Games on Vita Please

[ Edited ]
4 replies 128 views Edited Jun 17, 2014

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I really want to play my PS2 PSN games on Vita.  In particular the RPG's.  My original copies of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner, Digial Devil Saga 1 and 2, are great but as an adult I don't have time to sit around the house playing them.  I really, really, really want to play these on my Vita while I'm on lunchbreak at work.  Streaming is not a solution.  While I have a 3G Vita, I have no service since with my budget its not affordable.  

Mod Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 5 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS2 PSN Games on Vita Please

Jun 22, 2014

I would also love more RPG titles from the PS2 like the  Suikoden, Shadow Hearts and Dark CLoud games. However, if I recall correctly there were issues in the emulation process for the Vita so they would have to rework a lot of things to make it work on the handheld system. I do think they should add some more games like mentioned before though, for the PS3/4. I would buy hard copies but now a days they are rediculously priced.. A new Dark Cloud 2 is about 100 dollars now on amazon just to give you an idea.

Somebody who actually knows for a fact please do correct me when it comes to the Vita emulation having problems, it is something I heard through the grapevine but never got around to verifying. 

Message 2 of 5 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2613 posts

Jun 22, 2014

I think it is both an issue of emulators and space. Space maybe more so than the emulation, as PS2 games can easily fill a 4GB card, and 8GB isn't going to cut it if you plan on getting more than 1 or 2. Emulation could still pose an issue, but I think it might work if you code it perfectly for each game.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 3 of 5 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2120 posts

Jun 22, 2014

Sony reps. said in interviews way before vita come out that it could do this and had enough power for it. I was just talking to someone about this and they were trying to tell me just a small hand full of people even wanted this. I disagreed with this of course. 

Myself I thing it would inhanse the vita and get more to want it.

It would also make sony  look like they were giving it a better shot of making a vita come back.

I do not think we will see this happen though because they want even put all the psn ps1 and psp games on the vita.

And we know from before to do that all they have to do is flip that magic switch to do it. 

So why would they do this.

Message 4 of 5 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2120 posts

Jun 22, 2014

Also as far as space goes they could do them on a two part dawnload. Half the game on one and the other half on the other. Never had a problem with that on ps1 and ps2 games. 

Message 5 of 5 (68 Views)
0 Likes