Oct 22 2011
By: Zezzler Wastelander 596 posts

PS2 Classics transferable to Vita

30 replies 11334 views Edited Oct 22, 2011

I think something like this should be done similarly to how PSone Classics are compatible with PSP. Imagine downoading and playing Dark Cloud, Jak and Daxter or any game that added on your Vita ANYWHERE. and of course while keeping PSone classics compatible with Vita as well. but imagine playing these games on your couch on PS3, and then tranfering your save back to your Vita to continue anywhere; a common model for many Vita games.

Anyone else want to chime in and share your thought?

PS2-Vita.png

Message 1 of 31 (11,334 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Re: PS2 Classics transferable to Vita

Oct 23, 2011

Lets look at the BIG PICTURE here. The PS3 now is 250 bucks, Vita will be the same price depending what model you want. So you are going to spend 500 bucks(or more depending when you got your ps3) just so you can play a 10 year old ps2  game on your PS3 and use that save file and then play it on the Vita. WOW. Hey guys i just spent 500 on the PS3/Vita. Why you ask? Because silly, i want to play Gran Turismo 3 on my 50 inch TV, and then continue  playing it when i'm on the bus on a 5 inch screen. Now who's crazy? On Ebay you can get a NEW PS2 with over a hundred games or so, few memory cards and a bunch of controllers for more than likely less than 500 bucks.

Message 2 of 31 (11,333 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 23, 2011

I'm sure that the PS2 classics will be made to be compatible with the Vita, certainly the Vita is more than capable in running these games....

Message 3 of 31 (11,333 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

@bronxz32

I'm already going to buy a Vita for the other things, and I already have a PS3 for other things. Say I want to buy an old PS2 game that I am not fortunate enough to have played already, or just want to play again; wouldn't it great to be able to download that for 10 BUCKS. but no, it's never a good idea to allow people to play more games.

Why don't you look at another aide of things. Some kid who didn't play PS2 games because of a generational thing, happens to already own both. Then he would have the oportunity now to play te games he missed out on, with cool features such as Transfarring (if you don't know what that is google it).

It was an idea. no one is forcing you to spend that kinda money.

Edit: profanity removed

Message 4 of 31 (11,333 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

Zezzler wrote:

@bronxz32

I'm already going to buy a Vita for the other things, and I already have a PS3 for other things. Say I want to buy an old PS2 game that I am not fortunate enough to have played already, or just want to play again; wouldn't it great to be able to download that for 10 BUCKS. but no, it's never a good idea to allow people to play more games.

Why don't you look at another aide of things. Some kid who didn't play PS2 games because of a generational thing, happens to already own both. Then he would have the oportunity now to play te games he missed out on, with cool features such as Transfarring (if you don't know what that is google it).

It was an idea. no one is forcing you to spend that kinda money.

Edit: profanity removed

Get your Portable ID!
A winner is you!

Google? Transfarring? Don't know anything about those, what is it? Please note the Sarcasm.

When you're looking at the big picture you see it all.

Message 5 of 31 (11,333 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Oct 23, 2011

But see, the whole "let's play PS2 games on PS3" thing stopped because Sony doesn't want you to buy a PS3 to play PS2 games. Same with Vita.

They dont' make NEARLY as much money off of those. That's one reason they slashed B/C, people kept playing PS2 games instead of buying PS3 games (since Sony's profit is 100% software).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 31 (11,333 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 24, 2011

glaciusx25 wrote:

But see, the whole "let's play PS2 games on PS3" thing stopped because Sony doesn't want you to buy a PS3 to play PS2 games. Same with Vita.

They dont' make NEARLY as much money off of those. That's one reason they slashed B/C, people kept playing PS2 games instead of buying PS3 games (since Sony's profit is 100% software).

IMO that same logic doesn't apply to the Vita because theses are new digital purchases. PS2 classics should be more profitable because these games don't have to be developed, only translated.

The difference with the older PS3s runing disc based PS2 games was that many of those games were already owned or could have been purchased used...

Message 7 of 31 (11,333 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Oct 24, 2011

Perhaps not, but wouldn't the whole Digital licensing problem still be an issue?

Message 8 of 31 (11,333 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 24, 2011

IMO digital licensing is a big problem with the PSone classics, probably because the digital rights were probably not even thought of even doing at the time those games were originally made. If you remember when the PSone classics first came out, the first titles were some of the cheap generic titles that came out much later in the PSone's lifespan. I think SCEA is personally securing the digital rights to these titles because they are listed as the publisher for 99% of the PSone Classics.

PS2 Classics might have a simular issue, but since they were made in the last decade it might be easier to get the rights to these titles, we will have to wait and see, but I think these titles will sell a lot more than the PSone Classics...

Message 9 of 31 (11,333 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Oct 24, 2011

There's also pricing though.

Most PS1 classics go for 9.99 already (the good ones anyway, if not, something like $7.99)

So what would the price of the "good" ps2 classics be? Or would they just cut prices of PS1 classics? because it doesn't make sense to pay the same price for a game 10 years older.

Message 10 of 31 (11,333 Views)
0 Likes