MVP Support
5612 posts

Re: PS2 Classics transferable to Vita

Nov 4, 2011

Actually I think you were clear, but in the responses glacius listed PS3 games, so understandably you wouldn't find confirmation of all the other games.

Message 21 of 31 (534 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 10, 2012

It would be awesome.  For those trying to explain why they shouldn't or why they won't think about this.  Sony is in 3rd place.  Why?  Because they have put profits before just providing a good service.  Valves Steam proves once and for all that if you provide great service the money will come.  They sale $60 games for $10.  Why?  Because you'll end up spending $300 on "good deals".  Denying your customers options will NEVER equal success.  The Wii plays all Gamecube games, yet people still bought Wii games.  If people are using the PS 3 and Vita then Sony wins, END OF STORY.  The more great games on the two consoles, the more cool features the better.  Sony HAS to stop half assing every single launch and feature.  They have to stop promising the moon and delivering a moon pie.  Actually, ALL console manufacturers have to get their act together.  Steam WILL over take them if they can't get this thing going.  My computer is far more powerful then any console on the market and is seven years old.  They will have to launch next gen consoles just to catch up with your average users PC.  Not to mention the cost of console HDD's, controlers, subscription fee's, and $60 downloadable games.  In conclusion, the Vita needs everything it can get.  PS 2 games is a good start.  If you think Sony can spend lose another console war, then you are sadly mistaken. 

Message 22 of 31 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1761 posts

Dec 10, 2012

tonicmole that is what I have been trying to say also. You get bashed on here for saying the truth about it. All eletronics that I have seen in the years gone by (which is many for me now) that has succeded has only succeded by asking people what do you want. Then they work at making it happen. All that have not are gone or faded to last place. Sony is not doing real great at that right now. There are still problems from launch that are still here. And I am compairing eletronics al the way back to when there was only transister radios with am only.Sony does good with there other equipment. I have several and they have more functions than you can use on them. I would compaire them to anyone elses in quality and performance. But for some reasion they haven't brought this policy over to the vita or there gaming industry in general for several years now. I don't understand how they were #1, they started changing and now there #3.Get the picture. Thry have to listen to people and respond to them. If not there are too many other choices to choose from now. PS2 games. No question about it. It would boost the vita and would sell like crazy. Sell like crazy? That's what they wont don't they?  Did you know that a review on the vita about a year before it come out on I think IGN showed a god of war game bubble on the vita they were showing. PS2 games? No problem.

Message 23 of 31 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

have a 80 GB PS3 that can play PS1 and PS2 discs as well as a brand new Slim PS2 i bought from Walmart today for 50$

I'll just buy PS1 and PS2 games off Amazon and Ebay and not give Sony any more of my money

The PS1 and PS2 days i actually liked some of the stuff coming out on Sony's consoles is long gone

and the fact that Sony of America was run by that **bleep** Bernie Stolar in the late 90s with his anti rpg attitude **bleep**ed up alot by preventing a ton of good rpgs from coming out in NA

If any SMT fans didn't know, He's the one who prevented Atlus from releasing the PS1 version of Soul Hackers over here so many years ago

Message 24 of 31 (456 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Sony definately needs to put ps2 games onn the vita, among other things, like maybe letting the entire catalogue of downloadable psp games show up on the vitas psn store, instead of some of them. I remember there being so many more download options on psp before i sold it, and the lack of those options on the vita just seems wrong.

Message 25 of 31 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jan 8, 2013
To be fair though, the availability of PSP content isn't Sony's fault as a whole, just Sony of America. Europe has a considerable amount of content to be played on the PSV, I think the only titles that they don't have are the ones that never made it to the PSN in the first place~.
Message 26 of 31 (413 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jan 9, 2013

tonicmole wrote:

The Wii plays all Gamecube games, yet people still bought Wii games.

Nobody bought Wii games, they bought Wiis, played Wii Sports for 2 months, and then threw them in a box of tangled AV cables next to the TV and forgot about them.

Message 27 of 31 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1761 posts

Jan 9, 2013

It is hard for me to believe that as long as sony has been doing this and as much as the game companys need games on all consoles right now because of low sells of games that sony would not have enough pull to persuade game companys to put games on psn. I have a filling that they could. It is just not as important to them as it is to us.

Message 28 of 31 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jan 12, 2013

I hope they do.

im colton_grilus suprise
Message 29 of 31 (373 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Oct 27, 2013

No, not JUST so you can play 10 year old games, just as being able to play PSone classics on the PS3 isn'tthe reason people bought a PS3...ignorant comment.

Message 30 of 31 (142 Views)
0 Likes