Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 26 2013
By: Daniel7778 First Son 1 posts

PS1 games on a PS2 or...

2 replies 84 views Edited Jan 26, 2013

Should I play my ps1 games on ps2 or on a original playstation?  I know the ps2 has the smoothing feature and the faster disc load speed...but does that make a difference?  I just thought that I should go And buy the original playstation for 15 dollars because they might actually look and play better...any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (84 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17373 posts

Re: PS1 games on a PS2 or...

Jan 26, 2013

Do you have a PS2? If so why would you spend the money on a PSOne? Personally if you don't have either I'd go with the 2.

Message 2 of 3 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18916 posts

Re: PS1 games on a PS2 or...

Jan 26, 2013

Daniel7778 wrote:

Should I play my ps1 games on ps2 or on a original playstation?  I know the ps2 has the smoothing feature and the faster disc load speed...but does that make a difference?  I just thought that I should go And buy the original playstation for 15 dollars because they might actually look and play better...any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

If you already own the PS2, then I would also go that route and see how your PS1 games play on it.  In the past, I did notice that the smoothing and disc load features did make a little bit of difference.  Be sure to use a PS1 memory card for saving PS1 games while playing them on the PS2.

Of course you may run into issues in how some PS1 games play and perform on a PS2, as there have been some known issues in the past.  In that case, if problems in playability arise with your favorite games, then I guess you could always just pick up that original playstation.

Message 3 of 3 (68 Views)
0 Likes