Nov 02 2013
By: Guilmon89 First Son 7 posts

PS1 Doom and PS1 Final Doom on Vita for PSN?

3 replies 157 views Edited Nov 2, 2013

PS1 Doom and PS1 Final Doom (also known as PSX series by fans. Games created and published by id Software and Williams Entertainment Inc.) where very interesting games. Down to the very atmosphere and choice of port enhancements, they where truly some of the most interesting ports of Doom that I crave portability for.

I have no idea why they have not been directly suggested before. But I plan on buying myself a PS Vita for the purposes of advanced portability regarding PS1 titles, and some PSP titles I know and love. Considering how fond I am of those two games as well I guess I dont need to tell you that they would be wonderful additions to the PSN store. Capable of running on such a handheld would make this device complete for me.

I could easy shell out 20 bucks for both titles if they where available. Can this be done? Will folks support this? These games, are pretty historical on this port to even most of the Doom community. Adding them directly to the network would give a heavy incentive for more to try the Vita or use a normal PSP to enjoy these titles once again. I own both original disk, it would be nice to get these games mobile.

For more information regarding PSX Doom and PSX Final Doom.

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Sony_PlayStation

Please, support or discuss. Maybe explain why this wasnt implemented in the first place, or consider it a suggestion worthy of Sony to consider. These where afterall haled by John Romero himself as one of the best Doom's yet back in it's day! (This is not in any way related to the recently released Playstation 3 port of the Doom Collection ported from PC. PSX Dooms where extremely unique in their way of music, sounds, engine technologies, and overall presentation. They made Doom feel dark and thrilling to me.)

Message 1 of 4 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Re: PS1 Doom and PS1 Final Doom on Vita for PSN?

Nov 2, 2013

that would be pretty awesome

Message 2 of 4 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 2, 2013

This needs more support.

Message 3 of 4 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Anyplace I can go to actually recommend this? Forums don't seem like the best of places for the request of games in a shop. Of course, when half of you treat Sony like mom and think she always knows what's best for you, you end up with another company like Nintendo who has limited selections. I want PS1 Doom and PS1 Final Doom. Is it that hard to ask?

Message 4 of 4 (91 Views)
0 Likes