Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 08 2012
By: Yatterhog First Son 2 posts

PS+ then buy the game while on the membership

7 replies 219 views Edited Nov 8, 2012

Hello, Yatterhog here with his first time posting and I am going to break the ice with something that teed me off about PlayStation Plus.

I am extremely PO'ed that I cannot buy Little Big Planet 2 while I'm on PlayStation Plus! It is outrageous that it is marked as a free for ps+ members and I personally think of psn as a 15+ full games with all the trimmings. I have just about lost it when I couldn't get the first game while it on sale. How mad am I?

I want people to be able to buy the games that they like from PS+ after they played it. I don't like the fact that the PS+ games are free for promotional reasons and that you cannot buy them for keeps even after the service expires. It is like movie rentals. I am banging my head on the desk because of that fact.

I talked to the customer support hotline but they say that I can't buy the free PSN games because they are promotional items. I wanted the option to buy the games and the guy said that he will leave a note to the head honchos at Sony.

Why am I not surprised. Why couldn't they save the trouble and let people buy the games that they like at the retail price after they got their own dosing? Simple. They don't care about anything other than your money.  They seriously expect you to renew your membership in order to keep playing those games. I just want the option to buy the game for good and call it a day. But they will do anything to rip you off.

Well if you agree with my simple demand then show your support for this feature I'm asking for. Let's show sony that we can buy anything even if it's supposed to be promotional for plus!

Don't let SONY become the next infamous "BIG BROTHER" from "1984." Tell them you want to buy the free PSN Plus games to get it over with. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Re: PS+ then buy the game while on the membership

Nov 8, 2012

I am extremely PO'ed that I cannot buy Little Big Planet 2 while I'm on PlayStation Plus!

They don't care about anything other than your money.

Do you see the problem here or is it just me

And as you can always buy the game when your membership runs out.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (203 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 8, 2012
Calm down...

You aren't the first person to make this complaint, but very few do.

I am sure most people don't mind the way PS+ is set up, because of the volume of games we get access to. Many people will just play through the game and be done with it. I think it is rare that someone would want to purchase something while they have free access to it, unless there is a sale on the game, it makes more sense to purchase it when the subscription expires.

The way the PS system is set up you can't buy something that the system thinks you already have through PS+. That explanation is a lot more simple than the conspiracy you are depicting

If you want to buy a game that was released on PS+, I suggest you set up another PSN account just for your PSN purchases and purchase your games. You can have multiple accounts on a PS3 and you can play those games on your original ID, so you can keep your trophies.

See? Simple....
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (201 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11072 posts

Nov 8, 2012

If you like LittleBigPlanet 2 that much why not just keep your Plus membership active so that you can try many other games like it completely paid-free? After all, the purpose of Plus is to save money from paying less money on games or paying nothing extra than the cost of the service. Plus is not intended to increase costs for customers after they've already scored the game for "free."

This aside, however, one thing Sony can't keep you from doing is heading out to the game store and paying money for the game on physical media. With an extra copy of LittleBigPlanet 2 you wouldn't even need the Plus version to play; you can just use the copy you bought. Although, paying for Plus then would be kind of a waste then, as you could have just tried the demo out beforehand to see if the game was up your alley instead of paying a fee for Plus to have it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (200 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 8, 2012

bamahollis88 wrote:

I am extremely PO'ed that I cannot buy Little Big Planet 2 while I'm on PlayStation Plus!

They don't care about anything other than your money.

Do you see the problem here or is it just me

And as you can always buy the game when your membership runs out.

I thought that was strange too. Maybe Sony should implement a system where you can buy games that subscribers have free access to, that way they can make even more money, if there are many more people like the OP!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2332 posts

Nov 8, 2012

they have these buildings outside of your home where they sell goods.  these buildings are called stores.  some of these stores sell these discs that have video game data embedded in them so that you can buy.  when you find the disc that is labeled as littlebig planet 2 you should then take home and place this disc inside that magical box that you call a PS3. 

www.pressx2start.com

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (176 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 8, 2012

This is what the OP stated about Plus in another thread:

"But after graduation I got a PlayStation 3 and I burned some money on that one premium service that gives you games. But I forgot the fine print and I got frustrated with the multiplayer puzzles. so the subscripition was a waste.

But now I am getting through the whole ordeal and I am glad I got my PS3 and the controllers I needed to get through those Puzzles."

Huh?!? I have no idea what this person is talking about...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (169 Views)
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

Second the person who mentioned stores, and LBP2 special edition is $20 at stores now, so it's definitely better to get it there.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (130 Views)
0 Likes