Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 28 2013
By: BloodyYuki29 Splicer 44 posts

PS plus making me feel suckered by Steam.

14 replies 932 views Edited Jan 28, 2013

I got Darksiders on Humble Bundle for steam, it gets released free on ps plus. I got Sleeping Dogs for 20 dollars on a steam 1-day sale. Then plus is gonna release it free... well least i'm getting it for 2 systems, but man does it make me feel suckered at times when this happens.

Message 1 of 15 (932 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30314 posts

Re: PS plus making me feel suckered by Steam.

Jan 28, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

That's just the way it goes unfortunately, no need to feel 'suckered', just suck it up, sometimes games we all already have are released later either cheaper or for free, it's happened to me too, it happens.

Message 2 of 15 (924 Views)
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Jan 28, 2013

EU is getting Sleeping dogs, it has not been said if US is getting it, but i highly doubt it.

Message 3 of 15 (923 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11170 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Steam is for the computer whereas PlayStation Plus is for the PlayStation platforms. If you enjoy gaming on your computer then by all means grab those sale items while you still can. If you prefer going the PlayStation route, then Plus might have something to offer. No two mediums are going to be the same for sales. Some months the pastures may seem greener elsewhere than they will on Plus. With PlayStation Plus though, if you keep waiting and watching then something might be bound to spring up that you really want to have. Unfortunately, that might also mean you'll have to pass up on the deals Steam offers to be able to enjoy the content on Plus.

Message 4 of 15 (913 Views)
Splicer
44 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Thank you for the welcom. As for your statement of "not feeling suckered" think about this... I got sleeping dogs for 20 bucks last week... I'll find it quite humorous yet humiliating if it goes free on plus. But if it's Bayonetta, a game I've heard so much about, that trolls you, and yet is so much fun. I'm gonna be excited like bugs bunny on a 32 ounce of cappucino and 2 shots of expresso.

Message 5 of 15 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Gray, I know what you mean. I personally never learned the meaning of brand loyalty, and boy has it helped me as a disabled gamer. If I like it, and I can afford it, I get it. For me, computers and consoles have pros and cons. The pros for computers are more customization, better graphics, etc.. The problem is if your computer isn't powerful enough, it can overheat, crash, or just not run what you want it to. Consoles are more for efficiency and convenience. But any modifications are voiding of warranty, and some are even against ToS to talk about. But as a gamer, it's nice to know that you know exactly where I'm coming from.
Message 6 of 15 (903 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

The question you should really ask yourself, is if all things were equal, would you play said game(s) on your PC or on your PS3? If you'd answer PC, as I would for any multi-platform title, then you shouldn't feel suckered.

Now if you would have preferred Sleeping Dogs for PS3 but only settled on PC because it was half off, then I can understand feeling a little slighted, but would it really be such a bad thing if you got it for free on PS3? If you were willing to pay $20 for it, that's still all you've paid, so it's not like you've lost on the deal.

But as has been said, it's unlikely SD will be in the US PS+ IGC.

PS. As someone who has spent $200+ on Steam Sales in the past, I fully understand Steam's allure. No retailer comes close to what Valve provides.

Message 7 of 15 (852 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 29, 2013

First off, welcome to the Playstation communty. Second, as a long time Steam user, these things happen. Especially when you frequent the Humble Bundles. They're a great deal and help charity. I've just tried to avoid picking up cross platform games on Steam sales. On the upside, your Sleeping Dogs has better textures and the DLC is often on an amazing sale.

Message 8 of 15 (833 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jan 31, 2013
You should DEMAND your money back from steam. Right now go do it, what you waiting for go NOW!!!!!
Message 9 of 15 (749 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Investing any money on Steam is always a plus.

Even the lame bus simulators.

Message 10 of 15 (728 Views)
0 Likes