Highlighted
Mar 03 2012
By: iron-gladiator First Son 9 posts

PS one games on PS Vita?

6 replies 14 views Edited Mar 3, 2012

Hello all, I had a PSP and had a few PS one games (Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 2 & 3) that I got from the Playstation Network Store and put on my PSP and it worked great. I'm trying to figure out how to get them on my PS Vita. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1140 posts

Re: PS one games on PS Vita?

Mar 3, 2012

PSone games are currently not playable on the Vita. Sony is working to make them playable shortly.

PS4 / PS3 Slim / 60gb PS3 / PS Vita FEB / Big Boss PSP-3000 / PSP-1000 / PS2 / PS1 / Day 1 PS+ / WwLclan[dot]com
Message 2 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 3, 2012

You can't, so far the only way to play PSone games on Vita is through remote play.

Message 3 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 3, 2012

Yeah I saw that, I was just wondering how to actually have it on my 32GB card so I dont have to launch remote play to play it. And I know it's still a new device, and its obvious that updated firmware will come out a bit later and support such things. User "Jayrockslife" seems pretty sure that it is in the works. You figure any thing the regular PSP can do, the PS Vita can do too. Sounds as if its only a matter of time! I'll keep waiting! I hope they have exclusive Metal Gear & Resident Evil titles made just for the Vita (Like Nintendo's 3DS - Resident Evil: Revalations)

Message 4 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Mar 4, 2012

I would assume that they're trying to get it so that PSone games can be used while keeping the PSVita's multi-use functions enabled. The PSone Classics played on the PS3 prevent you from using the in-game XMB for instance. So I've always just figured the reason we don't have it at lauch is because they're doing something about that kind of thing.

(kind of like how the 3DS loses it's menu functions with VC games) I would hate to have PSone support if it were done like the PS3. It's so annoying. D:

I'll gladly wait for it if there' working on making it work well on PSVita. Being able to see someone playing a PSone Classic would also be nice.

Message 5 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 5, 2012

I guess we all have to be patient with that one but I know it will be epic once they finally do release ps one games for vita ( Castlevania: SOTN, Metal Gear solid, Parasite Eve, and all Resident Evil games) are all must haves that one should not be stuck in only doing remote play.

Message 6 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Agreed!

Message 7 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes