Jun 08 2013
By: Treyness7387 First Son 7 posts
Accepted Solution

PS+ downloads keep restarting...?

6 replies 115 views Edited Jun 8, 2013

Sorry if these are bad/dumb questions, but I just got a PS3 yesterday after many years of having a 360. I'm new here, but this type of stuff isn't a foreign concept so I don't think I've screwed anything up in the process.....

I'm trying to download Deus Ex, and Infamous 2 off the PS+ store. I set them to both download in the back ground, it's been like 6 hours and I still can't play either of them. Infamous got up to 51%, and I went and started playing a game on disc. Come back about two hours later, and it's down to 35%...?

I thought maybe it stopped the download if you start playing, but something funny is going on here because the console was never idle. It went from 51% straight to playing, and as soon as I quit playing the disc I checked it at 35%. Do the downloads reset to 0% if you restart the console? 

Also,  Deus Ex is gone off of my download screen, and the icon went over to the 'games' tab, even though the download was still pending everytime I checked the download manager. I figured maybe it downloaded while I was playing on disc, so I try and fire it up and it starts downloading again from 0%, and it's not giving me the option to set it to download in the background. Is it a two step download process? For example, I download from the store to my 'games' tab, and then have to download again for the first play? 

Message 1 of 7 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: PS+ downloads keep restarting...?

Jun 8, 2013

Compared to the 360, downloads take a tad longer on PS3. This is because of the smaller amount of RAM. Just wait longer and it will hopefully download. You might also just have slower internet speeds. It was like that for me awhile back. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 7 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 8, 2013

PS3 download and then installs game to HDD so what you saw was dl then install percentage.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 3 of 7 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Ok, you are correct. ^ I totally skimmed the TV, Deus Ex isn't downloading. It's installing. How about Infamous 2 though? How could it lose downloading %? It didn't move over to the games tab, and I'm sure it's still in download. 

I just want to make sure I'm not doing a something I shouldn't be while downloading. Like playing other games, or turning my console off. 

I know it's not my internet connection, unless the PS3 has a bad card. It did auto sign me out once mid game during this session. I guess that could have thrown the Infamous download off? 

Message 4 of 7 (102 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Loosed  connection to PSN Server you have answered you question wow I wasn't any help at all lol.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 5 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 8, 2013
Thanks buddy. Now that I know, I knew the whole time lol. Thanks for your help.
Message 6 of 7 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
1873 posts

Jun 8, 2013
You don't have be signed-in for whatever you purchased to download; unless it doesn't allow you to download in the background. As far as loosing percentage, I've never heard/seen that happen before. You might have possibly misread it. Anyway just to clarify: you can check (as you already know) a downloads progress from the Download Management tab, under Network. Once complete it moves to the Game tab (it will appear like it's in a bubble such as when downloading) and needs to be installed. Once complete it will then move into a folder labeled PlayStation®3.
PS Customer Support: 1-800-345-7669
Live Chat

Message 7 of 7 (70 Views)
0 Likes