Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 02 2010
By: Saix_XIII First Son 18 posts

PS+ and Add-on Content Question

16 replies 8 views Edited Jul 2, 2010

I know that the full games expire when your membership runs out, but what about add-on content? For example I bought Magic Orbz and Cuboid when they came out. The add-ons are pretty much just unlock codes so how would those be handled with the length of the PS+ subscription?

I checked the info of the PSP Mini and the PS1 game I downloaded (since I already bought Wipeout HD) and it just simply lists an expiration date. I am unaware if unlock codes or add-ons in general can have an expiration date. Does anyone know how that is handled?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 17 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
612 posts

Re: PS+ and Add-on Content Question

Jul 2, 2010

Add ons you keep.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 17 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jul 2, 2010

Ah cool. That is a nice little bonus. I did read that if you buy anything that is on sale because you have PS+ you cannot use it when your sub ends? Is that true?

Message 3 of 17 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1601 posts

Jul 2, 2010

I'm not sure; I think you keep discounted 100%..

But for the free ones, I'm not really sure.

JOB: Electronic Arts QA Tester

Message 4 of 17 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jul 2, 2010

Well I know you lose access to the free games when your sub to Plus expires, but based on what GTCarlson said the add-ons remain yours. The last hang up I have is the games that are on sale, if you lose those even though you paid for them would really suck.

Message 5 of 17 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
612 posts

Jul 2, 2010

Saix_XIII wrote:

Ah cool. That is a nice little bonus. I did read that if you buy anything that is on sale because you have PS+ you cannot use it when your sub ends? Is that true?

Nope thats not true. If you buy addon's for say Wipeout HD (if you hadn't already purchased it) you would need your subscription active to play sao you cannot use the addons. All other addons are yours to keep.

Everything except for the 1 free PSN game, 2 free minis, and 1 free PS1 game are yours to keep regardless.

Message 6 of 17 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jul 2, 2010

GTCarlson wrote:

Nope thats not true. If you buy addon's for say Wipeout HD (if you hadn't already purchased it) you would need your subscription active to play sao you cannot use the addons. All other addons are yours to keep.

Everything except for the 1 free PSN game, 2 free minis, and 1 free PS1 game are yours to keep regardless.

Your post was a little hard for me to understand, but I think what you're saying is that if you buy add-ons that are based on the free game(s) from PS+ then you would need an active sub to use those add-ons because they are based on the free game which would be unplayable from not having an active sub, that makes perfect sense. But everything else (themes, avatars, add-ons) remain yours regardless of your subscription status.

Do I have that correct?

Message 7 of 17 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1601 posts

Jul 2, 2010

Saix_XIII wrote:

GTCarlson wrote:

Your post was a little hard for me to understand, but I think what you're saying is that if you buy add-ons that are based on the free game(s) from PS+ then you would need an active sub to use those add-ons because they are based on the free game which would be unplayable from not having an active sub, that makes perfect sense. But everything else (themes, avatars, add-ons) remain yours regardless of your subscription status.

Do I have that correct?

Yeah I think your right/

I wish they made it more clear with this add on thing.

JOB: Electronic Arts QA Tester

Message 8 of 17 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
612 posts

Jul 2, 2010

Saix_XIII wrote:

GTCarlson wrote:

Do I have that correct?

Yup thats what I meant

Message 9 of 17 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jul 2, 2010

GTCarlson wrote:

Saix_XIII wrote:

GTCarlson wrote:

Do I have that correct?

Yup thats what I meant

Great thanks for the help! This makes PS+ seem like a much better deal to me.

Message 10 of 17 (8 Views)
0 Likes