Oct 09 2012
By: marc2henri Lombax Warrior 226 posts

PS Vita wins T3 Gaming Gadget of the Year Award

6 replies 225 views Edited Oct 9, 2012

The Sony handheld joined Raspberry Pi (Innovation of the Year) as the big winners in gaming.

ASUS collected the most awards on the night, winning five categories including the night's most prestigious, Gadget Of The Year, for the Google Nexus 7, which also won Tablet Of The Year.

Lord Sugar was the evening's guest of honour and collected the Outstanding Contribution To Technology Award from Carphone Warehouse co-founder Sir Charles Dunstone. Previous recipients have included Sir David Attenborough, iPod creator Jon Rubinstein and Shiguru Miyamoto.

Lord Sugar says, "I have been fortunate enough to receive a few honours and awards over the years, but this one is special and I am proud to accept it.

"When I look back at my career achievements since starting Amstrad in 1967 - from making hifi units, computers and the first Sky satellite dishes, to bringing YouView to market this year - the one thing that has kept me motivated is that I am a real tech geek at heart.

"Since I was a child, I've always wanted to crack something open, get my hands in there and understand how it works, be it a stereo, computer processor or a set-top box. I'd like to thank T3 and the award judges for recognising the contribution I have made to the industry."

The T3 Gadget Awards 2012 in association with Qualcomm and EE winners are:

Innovation Of The Year - Raspberry Pi

Gaming Gadget Of The Year- Sony PS Vita

Gadget Accessory Of The Year - Nike Fuelband

App Of The Year - Zeebox

Retailer Of The Year - Amazon

Tech Personality Of The Year - Rory Cellan-Jones

Digital Media Service Of The Year - Sky Go

T3 Design Award - ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime

Commuter Gadget Of The Year - Amazon Kindle 4

TV Of The Year - Sony Bravia KDL-55HX853

Digital Camera Of The Year - Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1

Work Gadget Of The Year - Apple iPhone 4S

Home Gadget Of The Year - Nest Smart Thermostat

Computer Of The Year - ASUS Zenbook UX31

Music Gadget Of The Year - Bowers & Wilkins P3

Tablet Of The Year - Google Nexus 7 By ASUS

Tech Brand Of The Year - ASUS

Outstand Contribution To Tech - Lord Sugar

Phone Of The Year - Samsung Galaxy S3

Gadget Of The Year - Google Nexus 7 By ASUS

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/372152/ps-vita-wins-t3-gaming-gadget-of-the-year-award/

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Message 1 of 7 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Re: PS Vita wins T3 Gaming Gadget of the Year Award

Oct 9, 2012

Sweet. My Vita and Transformer Prime won an award.

Message 2 of 7 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7388 posts

Oct 9, 2012

and Little Big Planet psvita is my vita GOTY by far, i still have to play Assassins Creed Liberation, Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale but i dont think any of those games will give me as much entertainment as LBP vita. I seriously think Little Big Planet Vita is as important to the vita as  Metal Gear Solid 4 was to the ps3 to turn the system fate. 

Now sony needs to keep bringing AAA games to the system as often as they can and the price drop.  Vita will only get better.

Message 3 of 7 (216 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13564 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Well it's based mainly on devices released this year, and considering the Vita was the only new gaming device released this year, it's no surprise it won.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 7 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

Oct 9, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:
Well it's based mainly on devices released this year, and considering the Vita was the only new gaming device released this year, it's no surprise it won.

Well for what it's worth the 3DS XL was included in the competition as well. At least nobody can say the Vita doesn't hold its own as a solid gaming device/gadget.

Don't Forget to Play [Persona 4 Golden] Every Night Before Bed.
Message 5 of 7 (170 Views)
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Oct 10, 2012
congratulations ps vita
Message 6 of 7 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Oct 10, 2012
Cool
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 7 of 7 (110 Views)
0 Likes