Survivor
2356 posts

Re: PS Vita sales forecast slashed again

Feb 7, 2013

aragost wrote:
So, as a new Vita owner myself I dont know this, but... PSP games that people have purchased in the past have to be re-purchased again to play on a vita? They don't give a code or something for owners of those old games so they can play them on the Vita? If not, what Sony should do is what Walmart is currently doing with old DVDs... bring them in to Walmart, and they give you a digital code for a pretty tiny fee and bam, digital copy of all my old dvd's etc. Sony could theoritically do the same thing at a Sony store, or Best buys. No?

Digital PSP games that you previously owned, you can get on your PSV through the PSV PSN without issues. That is, unless the game is not certified in which case it'll appear in your download list but you won't be able to download it~.

UMDs, on the other hand, have no way of being transferred and thus, you need to repurchase those games in digital format~.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 48 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Feb 7, 2013
It is backwards compatible for many of the digital downloaded PSP and PS1 games... UMDs, obviously not... However note that a small number of PSP games were never put on the PS Store, I.e Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep... That isn't Sony's fault...
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 48 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2356 posts

Feb 7, 2013
A lot of the PSP games that are on the PSP PSN aren't available even to this day on the PSV PSN: both MGS games, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Jeanne de Arc, all DLCs for games like Lord of Arcana / God Eater Burst 2 / Dissidia: Duodecim, amongst others~.

I do agree with you in that it isn't Sony's fault, it's Sony of America's fault seeing as how EU and JP are mostly up to date. I've no idea what's the big deal with certifications but a year later and still having most of the same content is kind of lame~.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 48 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Feb 7, 2013
@ JuanMdP

Very true re missing PSP titles available for download on the PS Store in the US... The same goes for PS1 games... It would seem that Sony America would get the missing titles in play, especially with the lull we are experiencing with new Vita games in the marketplace...
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 48 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Feb 7, 2013

I don't agree with those that think the Vita needs a price cut. Compared to other electronic devices on the market, it seems priced very well. The only thing that needs to be slashed are the memory card prices. Though I personally feel that too is blown way out of proportion since you really don't need anymore than a single 16-32GB card, since too many people cite that as a reason for not getting a Vita, Sony certainly needs to address that.

Either way, I wouldn't be so quick to count out the Vita just yet. It sounds like cross-play may be a staple of many PS4 games, which may entice PS4 buyers to get a Vita as well, at least the Sony faithful (rumored price of $400 + $200 for Vita = price the PS3 originally launched at). What Sony should really do is offer a bundle...something as simple as $50 Off if you purchase both consoles would go a long way, IMO.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 48 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Feb 7, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

aragost wrote:
So, as a new Vita owner myself I dont know this, but... PSP games that people have purchased in the past have to be re-purchased again to play on a vita? They don't give a code or something for owners of those old games so they can play them on the Vita? If not, what Sony should do is what Walmart is currently doing with old DVDs... bring them in to Walmart, and they give you a digital code for a pretty tiny fee and bam, digital copy of all my old dvd's etc. Sony could theoritically do the same thing at a Sony store, or Best buys. No?

Digital PSP games that you previously owned, you can get on your PSV through the PSV PSN without issues. That is, unless the game is not certified in which case it'll appear in your download list but you won't be able to download it~.

UMDs, on the other hand, have no way of being transferred and thus, you need to repurchase those games in digital format~.

Ahh okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Feel free to friend me on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/aragost.scott
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 48 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 7, 2013

It's a crap European-style economy with low GDP & high unemployment. Of course sales are gonna be crap. Then we have Obama & the left telling FPS developers to stop making FPS games.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 48 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2356 posts

Feb 7, 2013
It's the same market the 3DS exists in, and they don't have any issues selling. Let's not blame global economy for poor management decisions~.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 48 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Feb 7, 2013

I hate gamasutra, they are very biased towards sony. The only thing sony needs to do is lower the price of system to about 219.99 and slash the memory cards prices 50%, the cards do not need to be that expensive. Then bring over a few ports to fill in the spaces through out the year.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 48 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 7, 2013

In my opinion, it needs a price cut on the system and on memory cards. $20 for 4GB? Seriously? A 16GB on Amazon sells for $20.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-Class-Memory-SDSDX-016G-X46/dp/B0037FLUYU/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&q...

And then $250 for the system? I realise it's a great system(it truly is, I love it) but $250 is a bit too much.

[Forsaken Crown]
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 48 (78 Views)
0 Likes