Jul 30 2012
By: Andy209 Sackboy 413 posts

PS Vita "Ports"

[ Edited ]
8 replies 606 views Edited Jul 30, 2012

By "port", I mean Multiplatform games (commonly misconstrued as "ports" when they are inherently simultaneously developed for Vita, thus making it "multiplatform". EX: UMvC3=port, Playstation's Battle Royale=Multiplatform) shared with Vita.

What do you guys think about Multiplatform games on Vita? Do you love them? Despise them? 

Personally, console games making their way to handhelds is something I've always wanted, this excites me greatly! I'm excited for Vita-specific games as well like Soul Sacrifice, Assassin's Creed, and BO Declassified, but this thread is to talk about console games going "Multidimensional" (meaning console+handheld, yes I just coined this term since multiplatform oftentimes refers to PS3/Xbox). 

Yes I know the PSP had its share of Multidimensional games but %100 of the time the handheld version simply paled in comparison to the bigger brother version, which with the Vita no longer has to be the case (at east until we stop seeing games developed for current-gen systems).

Pros: Easily portable console experience, often times cheaper on handheld, and a lot more accessible than consoles

Cons: Non-exclusive experience, Lower resolution on handheld, and improvised R2/L2 buttons

This is what I can come up with, how about you? Please share your thoughts on console games going Multidimensional with Vita, I seem to hear mixed opinions on this topic.

Don't Forget to Play [Persona 4 Golden] Every Night Before Bed.
Message 1 of 9 (606 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Re: PS Vita "Ports"

Jul 30, 2012
I think in the future, every game make by Sony should go Multiplat + Cross-play and Cloud Saving system from MGS Peac Walker. The Vita is build to play PS3 game, so give it time, i'm sure we will see some crazy sheet at Gamscom Smiley Happy
I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 2 of 9 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jul 30, 2012
I say for future games yes it should be a must.

People keep posting threads saying I want to see RDR, GTA4, Fallout 3 on the Vita but ugh I want new games not games that I've already played before.
Message 3 of 9 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Jul 30, 2012

I'd like to see 3rd party multiplatform games like Madden, CoD, BF3, etc.  be produced on the Vita as their home console brethren...  I would prefer the Vita to have it's own NEW IPs exclusive to Vita, obviously, but I think established franchises should be on every platform... as they already have been in the past.

Message 4 of 9 (561 Views)
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jul 30, 2012
I like how with liberation & declassified they are not ports but like side games for the main game. I prefer that over ports.
Ps3| Vita
Message 5 of 9 (543 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jul 30, 2012
Totally agree. I just hope Sony makes a bundle with Black Ops 2 and Declassified
Message 6 of 9 (539 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Jul 30, 2012
i would only buy a vita bundle if sony adds art to the touch pad and its has to be a good bundle.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 7 of 9 (522 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13616 posts

Jul 30, 2012

I would only want ports for specific games, like Madden or MLB, because sports games are great on consoles.

Everything else, I'd rather have exclusive. Otherwise I'm just playing the same game on a smaller screen (and being at home all the time, being able to take it with me wherever I go isn't as vital)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 9 (506 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Jul 31, 2012
True, but taking your fav game to you whenever you go to a vacation is awesome, you have to go out sometime now do you? you can't just bring the PS3 and your plasma and put them in your bags and rocking them sandal on the beach Smiley Happy. Me, i would only buy port or multiplat (as the OP has stated, port and multiplat are different thing) of game i like the most.
I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 9 of 9 (437 Views)
0 Likes