Welcoming Committee
10784 posts

Re: PS Vita needs more PS1 games

Feb 1, 2014
I'd love to see some of the games (PS1 and other wise) that require a PS3 to be transferred over to the Vita, be made available without having to have one.
Message 11 of 14 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
626 posts

Feb 1, 2014
For those unaware, Gex: Enter the Gecko FINALLY coming to NA PSN this Tuesday (2/4/14) and there's more PS1 imports along with Tomba 2 for those interested and I'm not completely sure if its a PS1 game but i'm guessing the way it is listed but Pac Man World 20th anniversary is on ESRB.org for PSP, PS Vita, and PS3.

So it looks like PSone Classics are really getting added in again which is great!
Message 12 of 14 (158 Views)
MVP Support
161 posts

Feb 2, 2014
Thats what the feedback and idea section is for this stuff right here, I would love to see alot of older titles on here, One day I just might wake up and they'll be there just as it was when we got PS+
Message 13 of 14 (153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 2, 2014

Absolutely! I love playing PSOne classics, PSP games too.  It's great to see companies like MonkeyPaw Games bring over PS1 games as 'imports'.  As far as I know they still plan to bring some PSP games to NA PSN as well.

However, a big problem for me (without a PS3) is that the Vita is not able to download many PS1 and PSP games directly from the PSN store.  The Crash and Spyro games are VERY surprising to be missing, and I'd really like to see Konami's games show up as being compatible.  That's a disappointing issue that I hope SCEA is actively trying to fix, get on that Sony!

As mentioned, Playstation Now is likely going to be a way to play all these 'classic' games in the future, which is cool, but I'd much prefer to have games downloaded to memory card so I can play anwhere at anytime.

If VitaTV gets a worldwide release that might be another reason for Sony and other publishers to make a push to release more classics.

Message 14 of 14 (143 Views)
0 Likes