Apr 10 2013
By: CommandingTiger First Son 22 posts

PS Vita, ideas and suggestions.

[ Edited ]
14 replies 149 views Edited Apr 10, 2013

First thing:

I saw one of the coolest thing, called and eyefly for iPhones.  It's a screen protector that allows you to see stereoscopic 3D.

Best thing is, it's only 35$, It would be cool if were on the Vita.

=======================

Second: New PS Vita models

Here's what I would suggest in order to boost sales of the Vita.

It definatly needs a 50$ price cut (See how much it's selling in Japan)

But the PS Vita cost a lot to produce.

The most expendable  pice of equipment you can remove, wich is also one of the most expensive piece, is the OLED screen.

Sure, it can display a better image, but most people

A-Do not want to spend tremendous amount of money on fancy new expensive technology.

B-Won't notice much of a difference between the two.  I have a PSP-2000, a PSP Go and a Vita.  I see much difference between the 2000 Go and Vita, but between the Go and the Vita's screen, they both look great there isn't much of a difference except cost-wise$$.

It can easily be replaced by an LCD/LED touch screen.

So, I would market a Basic PS Vita.

Same as the Vita, but with an LCD/LED screen instead.  And a price of 200$.

That price can then be reduced to like 175$ for special promotions or 150$ for black friday/boxing day.

Then another Vita, new and Improved for the same 250$.

May add the eyefly that /i spoke earlier, (Of course, evalute the option first)

Keep: OLED Touchscreen like before

Add:

-HDMI port

-Better Mega-Pixel for the back camera (don't mind to reduce the frame-rate from 120fps to 60fps)

I've seen a patten of an improved Vita with even more features, I hope it happens this year.

This PSVita would remain at 250$. A "deluxe" package with all the bells and whisles. 

For thoses who had a Vita, it could be an opportunity to improve to a better model (while being able to resell his old 1)

===========================

Third Thing:

I figured out that the front touchscreen is not properly aligned with the back touchpad.

When creating games (and playing) it would be much better is both of them were on the exact same place, in order to do that, the PS Vita logo would need to be at the top instead of the bottom.

That, also, is an improvement that cpould be brought to the next Vita models.

==============================

Last things, I heard that all PS4 games would be compatible via remote play with the PS Vita.

Please make it happen.

Also heard that Gaikai would be able to stream PS4 games on the PS Vita.

Please also make that happen.

Sony annonced 1-touch interaction between every Sony device from Smartphones and TVs and Players.

Make it happen to the PS Vitas ans PS4s as well.

Message 1 of 15 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: PS Vita, ideas and suggestions.

Apr 10, 2013
Nein Nein Nein.

I won't even start on your screen ideas.
Message 2 of 15 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Apr 10, 2013
How about good games I had the ps vita since the first day it came out. It has been complete trash. I play more classics on it then vita games. I still can't find any vita games worth buying please release more games that's it.
Message 3 of 15 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Apr 10, 2013
Theses are, obviously, suggestions and not a "must-do".
The Vita does require a 50$ price cut, everyone knows that, they did in Japan and it's selling well. Cutting ot the Oled is the best alternative or Sony could place a price cut and loose more money or not do anything and let it flop and become unsold and stale like it is now. It is a bit crude, but it's a fact..

I love my PS Vita and I wish more people would be getting one, but they are waiting on a price cut for the most part.

Regardless, a HDMI port, better camera and stuff would be greatly appreciated
Message 4 of 15 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 10, 2013
Nein. I've had the Vita since one week before the first day it came out. Since last summer's game drought ended, in September with LBP, I've had too many Vita retail and PSN games to play. I'm looking forward to the next drought (well, not really) to catch up on games.
Message 5 of 15 (138 Views)
Wastelander
680 posts

Apr 10, 2013
PSVgo... That's what I want. I'll hold out to one comes along.
Message 6 of 15 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Apr 10, 2013

In order to get more games, you do need more people buying it, and then the wheel turns.

Message 7 of 15 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

all three of those are pointless, and bad ideas, especially 2

sony just needs price drop. The OLED screen is one of sonys marketing plans, and spending millions of dollars to make a new vita, jsut to sell for $50 less, they might as well just drop the current vitas price..   The vita is really sharp looking.  Its not like the original DS that needed a remodel pretty badly. i think the vita looks extremely nice.

Message 8 of 15 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Overall I am pretty satisfied with the Vita. Sure it could use some more non-digital games but those are and will be coming along in the future. A price cut to the system itself would be nice because it would make more people go out and buy one which in turn leads to more support from 3rd party developers which is extremely important. A price cut on memory cards would also be helpful. I have a 32gb and two 4gb cards so I'm fine but many people complain about memory prices.

The only thing I would add to features would be an HDMI port so that you have the option to play using your TV. Sure that defeats the purpose of it being a handheld but having more options is never a bad thing. Any touchscreen, sixaxis features in games would be handled on the Vita.

Let's not forget that next month is E3. There will quite possibly be a bunch of games announced and maybe more information on how the Vita works with the PS4.

Vita owners and future Vita owners, let's be patient.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 9 of 15 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Apr 11, 2013

CommandingTiger wrote:
So, I would market a Basic PS Vita.

Same as the Vita, but with an LCD/LED screen instead.  And a price of 200$.

That price can then be reduced to like 175$ for special promotions or 150$ for black friday/boxing day.

Ditch the OLED?! HAHAHAHAHA

You should have started your post with that statement so people would know to not read the rest of your crap.

Message 10 of 15 (103 Views)
0 Likes