Aug 07 2012
By: jose213jose Sackboy 437 posts

PS Vita can hook to TV!

[ Edited ]
44 replies 118973 views Edited Aug 7, 2012

Not sure if you guys notice but i just did today right now from amazon.com while i was looking up new 3D HDTV i was planning to buy online and came cross this and I’ll place link for you all to see too.

One of Sony’s TVs said this for gaming mode: 

Play your PlayStation Vita system or other handheld gaming consoles (with SD output) on your HDTV with no irritating black borders surrounding the picture. Just select Game Mode for an ideal fit to your TV screen according to the input. Better yet, Super Resolution Processing delivers a clear, crisp view in HD size.

Ether Amazon made some type of mistake or Sony has been keeping dark secret from us about hooking our PSVita to HDTV's sets. Maybe that extra slot could be use for hooking it to the tv or not or PSVita bottom slot could be use too.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-KDL55HX850-55-Inch-Internet/dp/B006U1VGNS/ref=pd_sim_vg_47

If this turns out to be true I’m making sure to buy the cable wires for it then. I love to play all my Vita games on bigger screen.

PS: Not rumor or anything just found it by luck while looking for 3D TV’s on Amazon. 

Message 1 of 45 (118,973 Views)
MVP Support
13654 posts

Re: PS Vita can hook to TV!

Aug 7, 2012

They must be ahead of themselves, seeing as there is no cable that works for that yet

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 45 (118,963 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Aug 7, 2012

That would be something I could get excited about. Since I first got my Vita at launch I have been telling my wife and friend how much I would like the ability to connect my Vita to a TV, add in support for a sixaxis controller(i don't think thats too far fetched either as its just a bluetooth connection) and now you have the best of both worlds; a fully funtional home gaming console; and also the potable gaming beast we already have. I no longer have my PS3's(i've had 3 so far, long story) this would benefit me greatly. I am fairly confident we will see some type of video out cabl ebefore the holiday's.

Great find by the OP, thanks for sharing the link!

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 3 of 45 (118,940 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Wow, good catch.

Message 4 of 45 (118,923 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Aug 7, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

They must be ahead of themselves, seeing as there is no cable that works for that yet

But there is an OBVIOUS Slot next to the game card slot that have been a mystery since the launch day

Photobucket

Stop Posting 3DS crap in the forum please thank you Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 45 (118,919 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Aug 7, 2012

I really need this cuz I was trading in 2 wii's and a 3ds but that was not enough for a ps3

Message 6 of 45 (118,894 Views)
Sackboy
582 posts

Aug 7, 2012
thanks dude, but maybe this hook up could only be use with SONY TVs
Message 7 of 45 (118,875 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Thanks for the rumor, OP. Now you've gotten my hopes up that this actually turns out to be true.

My father doesn't hate the Vita he just says the screen is too small. Now if it can be used on a TV and not look like crap, he might give it a go or two.

On the other hand, my friend said that since the Vita isn't even a 720p device, it would look bad on today's televisions. I hope he is wrong.

Message 8 of 45 (118,819 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13654 posts

Aug 7, 2012

MissMeLol wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

But there is an OBVIOUS Slot next to the game card slot that have been a mystery since the launch day

Hence the "yet" in my sentence.

I said there's no cable YET.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 45 (118,797 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
437 posts

Aug 7, 2012

I notice some of my wording was off and didn't make sense so i fix them just now. But anyway if it turns out to be true i'm buying the cables then. It would be awesome to have it on big screen, pertty sure some of you guys would love it. 

If you guys have time check it out by the link then go to check out Sony TVs on their site. 

Message 10 of 45 (118,774 Views)
0 Likes