Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 08 2012
By: rys888 First Son 3 posts

PS Vita browser improvements?

6 replies 2542 views Edited Jul 8, 2012
To start things off, I really love my vita. I bought the 3G version so I could surf the web while on the go because I do not own a smartphone, but the web browser is WAY below par. It does not take an unexpected time to load, but when loaded, scrolling is a pain. No flash is not a huge deal, as I am used to it, but the insufficient HTML5 is dissapointing. The YouTube app has slightly lifted the burden, but if I come appon a website with a video to watch, you can not watch it. Let's be honest guys, we all would like a web browser that is not frustrating to use. I am just wondering if there are any plans on updating the browser. I sort of feel like Sony has let us down on this part of the vita... :smileysad: Any input is appreciated. Happy gaming!
Message 1 of 7 (2,542 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
390 posts

Re: PS Vita browser improvements?

Jul 8, 2012

I hear they are going to be doing some improvements to the browser next update. No Flash no Adobe support. Most of the videos you want to watch online will have a youtube posting as well so look for whatever you want to watch there through the app. I am sure there will be great improvements to the browser down the line.  You can also download any MP4 and watch it as well as long as you can find straight downloads of it. Otherwise do it through your PC or Mac and put it on your Vita through the content manager.

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 2 of 7 (2,531 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 24, 2012

The browser sucks worse than before!! What happened?? When you type in a form and have to tap your finger to place the cursor for text on a different line, the page zooms out and the keypad goes away. Before you could tap to move the cursor no problem, the keypad would stay up and everything. Now it's annoying. 

I don't have a smartphone either! Thought I was the last of us left, lol.

And now certain sites that worked completely fine don't load at all or they load messed up.

Not happy at all with this updated **bleep** browser. 

Message 3 of 7 (2,209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 24, 2012

And when you enter with the keypad, the keypad doesn't automatically retreat letting the new page load! You have to manually press the button for the keypad to go away and for the page to load!!

Message 4 of 7 (2,207 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 9, 2012

It's not the best browser in the world, but why is retarded? I can bear with having no flash, but  too add things further, with Javascript enabled, pages always reload randomly for no reason. Most sites uses Javascript just to get around so with it disabled, there's really nothing much we can do. It's as good as unusable.

There's not even a History feature, which makes this the worst browser on a device ever.

I love the keyboard. Buttons are big and feels nice to touch, much better than my phone. I like typing in it. Sometimes I just like to browse for wallpapers and lockscreens, so I can just save it on my Vita you know? I could use my PC but Content Manager would need me to close my game applications.

Message 5 of 7 (2,127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Dec 10, 2012

There is history, I do not know what browser you are using, but I can see my search history and my history, I can also delete it as well.

Message 6 of 7 (2,119 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Dec 10, 2012

yeah when i first heard browser improvements i was oh boy. full HTML5  for vita and more features then updated it was crap. yes they did improve it. but not that much. i know its an handheld and we dont care about browser, but this thing is bad. sony gotta do something or allow third party apps. like chrome , dolphin. i also thought PSM was gonna give vita those apps. PSM is just crap as well. bunch of crappy games. and no support from the devs. again i know sony fanboys gonna get mad but this is just my opinion. i dont care what you think.

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Message 7 of 7 (2,107 Views)
0 Likes