Jul 26 2011
By: roygib09grad First Son 13 posts

PS Vita and sports games

19 replies 582 views Edited Jul 26, 2011

im a huge ps vita and sports games fan, at some point of time will the vita have sports titles like madden, nba 2k, fight night, mlb the show, ufc or something like that? i know this hasnt been confirmed yet, but what are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 20 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7385 posts

Re: PS Vita and sports games

Jul 26, 2011

You are a huge playstation vita fan? Man i wish i could say the same but sadly i dont have 1 but im truly excited for the system to come out!!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 20 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 26, 2011

More than likely. Right now everything they've shown is just first party. Hardly anything third party. So what we know of right now is not the official launch lineup. At Gamescom in August, they will likely show off some third party games, then announce the full launch lineup at TGS in September, along with all the other info we're sitting on burning coals to know, such as: the rundown on how 3G will work and how much it will cost, the launch date, etc.

EA has already pledged support for Vita, so the likelihood there will be a few EA Sports titles for it like Madden and HOPEFULLY NHL, increases a hundred fold.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 3 of 20 (582 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 27, 2011

well nobody has one, but im saying that off of everything i have seen so far on youtube, it looks too good to be true (i said the same about psp though) but i think sony got it right this time especially by getting rid of the awful umd drive, and adding flash card that will be able to hold dlc AND gamesaves to the game card, i mean thats just awesome, my hopes are very high for it, the only thing im worried about is the battery life but im hearing its gonna last 7 to 10 hours which i doubt but who knows. sorry for the paragraph but as you can tell im very excited about the vita

Message 4 of 20 (582 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 27, 2011

yea im pretty sure about it too, and i hope they release nba 2k12 on it too, the graphics would look too sweet

Message 5 of 20 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 27, 2011

roygib09grad wrote:

well nobody has one, but im saying that off of everything i have seen so far on youtube, it looks too good to be true (i said the same about psp though) but i think sony got it right this time especially by getting rid of the awful umd drive, and adding flash card that will be able to hold dlc AND gamesaves to the game card, i mean thats just awesome, my hopes are very high for it, the only thing im worried about is the battery life but im hearing its gonna last 7 to 10 hours which i doubt but who knows. sorry for the paragraph but as you can tell im very excited about the vita

I am not worried about battery life at all. I was, until I learned something very interesting: OLED consumes far less power than LCD, because it does not need a backlight for one, and maybe for other reasons as well. So not only do we not have the UMD drive to consume butt loads of power, but the screen will consume less power as well. My guess, is around 9 to 12 hours. One thing is for sure, it won't be the terrible number that 3DS has. YUCK.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 6 of 20 (582 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 27, 2011

really? i didnt know that, wow 9-12 hours, sony is really pulling a rabit out of a hat on this one, i have never been this excited about a console/handheld since the ps2 release, honestly im one of the few that prefers handheld gaming a lil bit more than console gaming

Message 7 of 20 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 27, 2011

That is an estimate based on what we know, that it doesn't have UMD, and OLED consumes less power than LCD. An educated guess. I could be wrong. So do not take my word for it. It may possibly even out with the power the processor consumes or what not. We simply don't know. But I wouldn't be too worried about it. Clearly there was a reason they went with OLED instead of LCD.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 8 of 20 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jul 27, 2011

I'm looking forward to MLB The Show and NBA 2K Series on PSVITA, they will look amazing on that 5" OLED

Message 9 of 20 (582 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 27, 2011

btw whats the difference between OLED and LCD?

Message 10 of 20 (582 Views)
0 Likes