Feb 18 2012
By: Weltal Splicer 46 posts

PS Vita and PS3 Cross Platform Subscription

4 replies 9 views Edited Feb 18, 2012

This is another feature that should be implemented for PS Vita and PS3 owners. I would love it if when I bought Srteet Fighter x Tekken on the PS3 (cus you better believe when I have the choice between Vita and Ps3 its gonna be PS3) that I would get a copy of Street Fighter vs. Tekken on my ps Vita.

now I understand that this is not...cost effective. So here is what you do. Just like you have created an AWESOME service in the $50 a year PSN Plus. Create another awesome service in the $50 a year PS Vita PS3 Cross platfrom program. For a mere $50 a year (or a price you decide is better, but just remember the consumer will truly decide with their wallet if its worth it) if you buy the Ps3 game (of course you HAVE to spend for the more expensive version on PS3) you get the PS vita version for FREe.

This is the kind of program that will get people to Buy more games and more PS Vitas.

Message 1 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Re: PS Vita and PS3 Cross Platform Subscription

Feb 18, 2012

Good idea but would still not be cost effective. Lets say uncharted 4 comes to console, and they have a vita verson thats $50. After the one purchase everything was free since you already got your $50 a year worth

Message 2 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Lets say no game comes out that year that I want that I can get two versions for. They would still get my money. Never the less there still needs to be some cheap way for users to get both versions. Maybe an Online Pass sort of program. Every new PS3 game comes with a voucher for the PS Vita game free or maybe even a discount. That way only the NEW games bought get the voucher.

Message 3 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Feb 18, 2012

I say that they will probably release Discounted bundles.

Message 4 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Honestly I would prob just be perfectly happy if all games shared online servers. The only time I've ever seen anyone give a free version of a game was Portal 2. If you bought the ps3 version you got a code for a free steam copy. The issue with that is that would make developers not want to make a game for both consoles.

Why would developers make a game for vita and ps3 at that point if they are only getting paid for one version. Potentially it could sell more, but then they would have to put in all those man hours and labor to make a vita version that they would be giving away.

I think the best only you are going to get is ps+ giving discount on all vita games, or discounted bundles

The best thing i think they can do is make all DLC purchased goto both like capcom did for MVC. The only games I think we are going to get like you really want are maybe PSN games, like Hustle Kings and Wipeout like sony did. We may get lucky with the sony made ones, but other developers wont want to do that

Message 5 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes