Highlighted
Nov 29 2012
By: ethanasmith First Son 2 posts

PS Vita age restrictions

7 replies 1419 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

So I've had my Playstaion account for over a year now, and when I created it I was honest with my age and I am now 16. Seeing how most games require you to be at least 17 to access most content, my dad created a master account and removed all parental/age restrictions so all was well and good. Well, about a week ago I went and bought the new Vita system and tied it to my account expecting it to retain all of my restriction free settings. As you can imagine, it didn't. Now this wasn't such a big deal because I figured my dad could simply create another master account but the Vita can only ever be tied to one account. I am now unable to access a lot of the features/games of the Vita because if I create a new account, I can't interact with my PS3 (plus I lose all my progress), and if I keep the one I have now, I can't use any of the games I want. Obviously my parents are fine with me playing mature content games but apparently PSN says I can't. Is there anything I can do for this without having to completely restart and lose connection to my current account? If not I am extremely upset with this service on the Vita.

Thank you,

Ethan

Message 1 of 8 (1,419 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4213 posts

Re: PS Vita age restrictions

Nov 29, 2012

Moved from Forum Information & Help

Message 2 of 8 (1,406 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Curios, what are you trying to do? I'm honest with my age as well and my PSN account age is 14 (also my age). My parents are cool with me playing M games and I'm looking at getting a Vita for Christmas, what kind of things is it not letting you do?

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/1331/jace729.png
Message 3 of 8 (1,396 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Most likely you will have to end up making another master account this time with the required age on the PS3 then use that account on your Vita, or make new Vita account and register it as a master account on your PS3.. I mean you can have more than one master account on the PS3, I know it's not really helping your situation but you would be able to still interact with the PS3 if you did that, just not that other account.

I have two master accounts, my old PS3 account and now my new PS Vita account tied to PS3 with PS+. I wanted to tie it to my old account but I knew it would cause problems with PS+ almost in the same way with your problem. I am actually glad I decided to make a different account for the Vita.

Honestly if you haven't had it that long, it's probably best you just start over now. Only other options you might have is make another account or call Sony and possibly, just maybe they could help you. Unless someone else knows something I don't or a better solution.

Message 4 of 8 (1,356 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Nov 30, 2012
I never use my real age on anything except job apps, govn things, and banking only because all you need is someones DOB and your identity can be taken. So registering.for websites and such, I make myself an old man lol
Message 5 of 8 (1,353 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Gamble_STARS wrote:
I never use my real age on anything except job apps, govn things, and banking only because all you need is someones DOB and your identity can be taken. So registering.for websites and such, I make myself an old man lol

Yea reminds me of those gaming videos that are rated M then they ask you for your birth date before you watch them.. really!? So pointless.

Message 6 of 8 (1,349 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6568 posts

Dec 1, 2012

just update your account.   if your  having trouble doing that have our parents call  sony and have them update your account.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 7 of 8 (1,336 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 3, 2012

What would updating my account do? Would that change my age, or does it just change the restrictions?

Message 8 of 8 (1,298 Views)
0 Likes