Mar 17 2012
By: JRY-2557 First Son 2 posts

PS Vita Won't connect to home wifi

1 replies 3340 views Edited Mar 17, 2012

I've tried several times and my PS Vita just won't connect to my home wifi. My old PSP 3000, PS3 can all connect to it EXCEPT my new PS Vita!!! it is so annoying and I have no idea what to do. I did some research and I understand that it doesn't support WPA2 Enterprise networks, which is supposedly the ones which requires a username/password, but mine just requires a password and when I try to connect the PSV recognizes the security method as : WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK. I bought 2 for me and my younger brother just a while ago and have failed to connect on both consoles. Please Help?

Message 1 of 2 (3,340 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1116 posts

Re: PS Vita Won't connect to home wifi

Mar 17, 2012

Depending on your router, "access control" may be enabled. With this setting, only devices that have been connected previously and had their MAC address stored are allowed to connect. Go through your wifi settings and make sure an option with a function like this isn't enabled. On a Netgear router, you'll find it under Wireless Settings -> Access Control. Also make sure you haven't run out of IP addresses, in case you shrunk your allowed range for any reason.

Along with my WPA2-PSK password protection, I keep Access Control enabled as well so even if a new device has the correct password, it cannot connect to my network without me adding it to the router's list.

Message 2 of 2 (3,340 Views)
0 Likes