MVP Support
11352 posts

Re: Known Issues and How to Fix/Avoid Them (New Users Guide)

Feb 23, 2012

Allowing the system to go into standby now disrupts downloads.  Happened to me 4 times yesterday and last night.  Even plugged in, the Vita goes to standby mode and wifi is disconnected.

Message 80 of 156 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 24, 2012

reposting this from the thread i created.

I signed up yesterday for At&t. The 250 MB plan and even redeemed the free month. I even got the notification saying my DataConnect pass was activated. So I wanted to check to see if the 3G would work so i turned off the wi-fi and left the mobile network turned on. I couldn't connect to the browser or anything. And under usage in settings nothing shows up. I even turned off the Vita and took out the sim card and put it back in and still nothing. Anybody else having this issue?

Message 81 of 156 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Feb 24, 2012

You have to let it go ito standby by itself, if you press the button it cuts off downloads.

Wifi- doesnt actually "turn off", it disconnects when it is not used after a certain period of time, and then reconnects when it is it needed.

the Wifi is disconnectsing because the download stopped...so theres "no need to use it" is what the vita thinks.

Message 82 of 156 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Updated: "Q14: My PSV keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi." to show that the vita doesnt actually "disconnect" from Wi-fi, it turns it off when it is not in use and then reconnects when it is needed (like if you opened the browser). This most likely happens to conserve battery life.

Message 83 of 156 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Having a few issues that i have been troouble shooting to no avail...I have tried Rebuild database several times:

1. Facebook app stopped working...tried reloading, tried resying through PSN, tried manual login (worked yesterday)

2. Near will only update location data when Mobile network setting-mobile network box is checked...If i completely turn off my 3g (uncheck the mobile netowrk box) so it is not consuming data and use only wi-fi then it will not update location data for near, Weird thing is that it worked just fine before i signed up for the 3g data plan, now that i have a 3g subscription plan it will only work/update if i am connected to it. I am not 100% certain it is actaully consuming 3g data cause it shows that I am connected to my wi-fi network so I am assuming it is consuming data through wi-fi but it doesn't make sence why it wont update unless I am connected to an ATT server.

3. Slow download/upload speeds (4.9/1.9) Max...I say this is slow because my wi-fi signal as tested through speedtest.net is 32Mbps download on my comp and 10Mbps on my cell phone.

***should also clarify when you say factory reset are you talking power+PS+rb and then selecting: Option 2-Rebuild Database...or are you talking Option 4-Restore the PS Vita system? This should be clarified becuase there is not a option that i have found that says "Factory Reset"***

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Message 84 of 156 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 24, 2012

there are two problems i have found so far with US playstation vita

#1:   when you are in your internet browser and put the ps vita in standby mode the touch screen will mess up untill you reset your system

#2:   if you have made a password for when you turn your ps vita on and you keep it in your pocket or anywhere else where it can easily put in commands you wont know about then when it turns on and puts in the password wrong so many times it will then ask you to restore your ps vita....which happened to me and when it reset itself it was then in "brazil" language...or at least thats what it said, also i had to reformat my memory card before i could use it again for some reason.

i have posted these to help both people and psn so these bugs/problems could be fixed so if any1 can get these bugs to the right person please send them in so they can fix them please (allready called psn and they told me to submit them here.

Message 85 of 156 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Problems connecting to my VITA to my PS3. Here is a link to my thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37480645#37480645

When I connect the VITA to the PS3 and click on content manager on VITA screen it say’s “Could not connect to PS3 system”. Does anyone know how to fix this or what is wrong?

Message 86 of 156 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Feb 29, 2012

If you're trying to copy games from PS3 to PS Vita you need to press on the game on the PS3 to start the copying process. It will tell you to connect your PS Vita on the TV. Once it shows that message you can start content manager on the Vita.

Message 87 of 156 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 29, 2012

ICEJACKEL wrote:

Problems connecting to my VITA to my PS3. Here is a link to my thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37480645#37480645

When I connect the VITA to the PS3 and click on content manager on VITA screen it say’s “Could not connect to PS3 system”. Does anyone know how to fix this or what is wrong?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I think I have figured it out. I disconnected the VITA from the PS3 and then pressed the content manager again and then pressed connect to PS3 and it finally connected. If anybody has another way of connecting let us know. I think that is the only way of connecting the VITA to the PS3, I'm I wrong?

Message 88 of 156 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Feb 29, 2012

You don't have to copy a game, but you can copy Vita games, PSP games, and PS Minis although not all PSP or Minis are compatible. It's just to start the process though. Say for instance I have Uncharted Golden Abyss on my PS3 I click to copy the game and it will tell me to start content manager on my Vita. Once content manager starts you don't have to copy the game it just opens content manager so you can choose what to do after that.

Message 89 of 156 (232 Views)
0 Likes