Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Re: Known Issues and How to Fix/Avoid Them (New Users Guide)

Feb 23, 2012

I have something that I am having touble with Wifi.

I'm over at my father's house and it's not wireless, so I set up my laptop so it'll send wireless singals in hopes for my Vita to recieve wifi signals. When it does, it keeps searching but nothing comes up.

Message 60 of 156 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Feb 23, 2012

It doesnt work that way ._.

Message 61 of 156 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Added: Vita not powering on.

Fix: Hold Power+R+PS

Thanks to: ScreamAimfire999

Message 62 of 156 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Feb 23, 2012

thanks so much for posting this it will help other new psv users out

Message 63 of 156 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Feb 23, 2012

RealBoatsRock wrote:

Anybody know of a workaround/fix for "near" not being able to find my location? I'm all updated, have a WiFi model (it seems to be working well for everything but "near"). It is odd! Any thoughts?

Are you near any wifi access points that are in the Skyhook Wireless database? If not you may not be able find your location. If you have your own access point go to their website and add your location.

Message 64 of 156 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Feb 23, 2012

So i read that if i plug in my psv to my ps3 and access the store on there, i can download all my psp/ps1 titles, so i downloaded all my psp/ps1 titles i bought threw the online store and installed them on my ps3, unfortunally the only one it sees to transfur to my psv is the hotshots golf for psp, my final fantasy ps1 classics arnt showing up. Why?

Message 65 of 156 (287 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Wifi is definitely wonky, out of the box.

Many, many users are having issues connecting to their wifi networks. We know about WPA/WPA2-Enterprise not being supported, but lots of people having problems with other networks.

Hell, even the folks at 1up & Kotaku are having problems. This is definitely not a user-end issue.

Message 66 of 156 (287 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Hi, i am having a serious problem that had me send back a psvita two times now and replace it.

After 3 tries, i figure it is now a problem that might have to do with some games being still placed in the psvita while going into sleep mode.

Heres the details:

While playing the game Ultimate: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 or even just having it inserted into the system, at any time, i will tap the power button to put it into standby mode.

If i push standby mode within 15-25 seconds, it will come back on. Any time after that, it will not come back on unless i safe mode restart the system, or take out the game completely. When i take out the game, it automatically notices and the standby  mode is off and the screen comes back on.

Here are some things that i noticed with and without the game in standby mode.

When there is no game in the psvita while going into standby mode, the blue light will stay on for 10 seconds. then flash for 3 seconds. then the blue light turns off completely. At that point, whenever i push the Playstation button or power button, the standby mode will turn off and the screen re-appears.

When there is a game in the psvita (U:mvc3, the only one i have atm) and i activate standby mode, the blue light stays on for about a minute, at that point it flashes for about 20 seconds, then goes back to a steady blue light again, which never goes off.

the blue light stays on while it is in standby mode. black screen. Pushing power button or playstation button WILL NOT bring it out of standby mode. The only option is to take out the game or hard reset it.

I am hoping this is a software problem that can be patched because every time i have to stop playing to do something, i put it in standby mode so i can pick up where i left off. The fact that i have to take out the catridge every time i standby mode the psvita prevents me from picking up where i left off.

Please help and thanks.

Message 67 of 156 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Oooh... well thank you anyways. Ha ha. ^^;

Message 68 of 156 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Feb 23, 2012

PS1 Classics isn't supported yet. Sony stated that it will be available in a future update.

Message 69 of 156 (287 Views)
0 Likes