Sackboy
480 posts

Re: Known Issues and How to Fix/Avoid Them (New Users Guide)

Feb 29, 2012

Ming_Dragon, I made a Step by Step to help people with the DataConnect Pass for AT&T, I also think I figured out a couple of ways connect the VITA to the PS3 using Content Manager with help from KingofDreams5150. Here is a link to the Step by Step for the DataConnect Pass for AT&T: http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37480636#37480636

These are the steps to connect your VITA to your PS3 with Content Manager:

Step 1: Press the "Content Manager" bubble on the VITA screen.

Step 2: Press "Start"

Step 3: Press "Connect to a PS3 System"

Step 4: Connect the VITA to your PS3 and you should be good to go

and KingofDreams5150 said you can connect the VITA to your PS3 if you are trying to copy a game from the PS3 to your VITA.

I have not tried it but I would think these would be the steps:

Step 1: Press triangle on your PS3 control when you have picked a game that you want and that can be transferred and used on the PS VITA

Step 2: On your TV it should say to connect the device you want to transfer the content to

Step 3: Press the "Content Manager" bubble on the PS VITA

Step 4: Press "Start"

Step 5: Press "Connect to a PS3 System" it should start copying

Hope this helps!

Message 90 of 156 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 29, 2012

KingofDreams5150 wrote:

You don't have to copy a game, but you can copy Vita games, PSP games, and PS Minis although not all PSP or Minis are compatible. It's just to start the process though. Say for instance I have Uncharted Golden Abyss on my PS3 I click to copy the game and it will tell me to start content manager on my Vita. Once content manager starts you don't have to copy the game it just opens content manager so you can choose what to do after that.

Right on, I think I got it right in the step by step I just posted, if not or if you want to add to it, just let me know and I will edit it. Thanks again!

Message 91 of 156 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 29, 2012

KingofDreams5150 wrote:

If you're trying to copy games from PS3 to PS Vita you need to press on the game on the PS3 to start the copying process. It will tell you to connect your PS Vita on the TV. Once it shows that message you can start content manager on the Vita.

KingofDreams5150, I wasn't trying to copy a game but I did not know that thanks, what kinds of games can you copy? It sounds like there are two ways of doing it, one to start Content Manager and another you start a process on the PS3 and then press Content Manager. I was just trying to use the Content Manager on the VITA to connect to my PS3; I wanted to back-up my VITA to my PS3. I had already backed it up on my PC and wanted to do it on my PS3, hey you can't have too many back-ups, ya know!

Message 92 of 156 (250 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Feb 29, 2012

I brought my 3G/Wi-Fi ps vita on february 22nd and i had no freezing problems at all till recently, meaning it keeps on freezing when trying to reconnect the wifi access point on settings>network>wi-fi. sometimes it does not freezes at all after tapping connect, but sometimes it does freezes while access point being connected and that's where the freezing problem started and forced me to turn it off for 30 seconds and rebuild database, but nothing been erased at all when rebuilding database. so i think sony really needs to fix the freezing problems would be a much appreicated. but i had no other freezing problems at all as during gameplay or listening to musics or taking photos or recording videos either on front or rear camera. however, just one time i noticed my game system froze by itself while on setting mode and doing nothing on there at the moment. i thought 1.52 firmware fixed freezing problems? i had my vita updated to 1.61 on the same day i brought it as well. i do love my vita soo much and can play psp games on it as well, but i am missing 5 psp games couldn't be copied from ps3 system like fat princess, lemmings, metal gear solid portable ops, metal gear solid portable ops+ and papaton 3. i had them downloaded from ps3 store on ps3 system, but vita won't detect those 5 games yet which is kinda sucks.

Message 93 of 156 (250 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Feb 29, 2012

i tried that new idea and tried connect the vita to ps3 system after pressing trinangle on ps3 controller to copy psp game to vita and that won't work which is sucks.

Message 94 of 156 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Re: PS Vita New Users Guide (Problems/Fixes + Useful Tips)

Feb 29, 2012

Thanks so much. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but I just took my Vita out of it's case and the screen has a highly visible, deep gouge and scratch on it. It is extremely upsetting to me. I meticulously care for and store ALL of my stuff, especially my new toy. With that said, I have 4small children and I am sure one of them is the culprit, but no one would ever fess up to it. Is there anything I can do? I honestly do not want it like this. Can the screen be replaced? Do you think there is anything Sony would do? I bought it at Gamestop, but I don't think they will accept a return for something like this. I do not mind paying, I just want it fixed. Please help.

Message 95 of 156 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 29, 2012

oatmealbone, here is a link to the PlayStation Protection plain for the VITA. There is a plain with accidental damage. Link: http://us.playstation.com/support/protection-plan/pricing/index.htm

Message 96 of 156 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Ming_Dragon, you should add a link to the guide for the protection plain for people who keep dropping or having their kids break their VITA. Here is a link for the PlayStation Protection Plains: http://us.playstation.com/support/protection-plan/pricing/index.htm

Message 97 of 156 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Mar 1, 2012

Thanks so much for the info. I went back to my GameStop and they just gave me a new one, without any hassel. I did not have the warranty. But with that said, I called Sony directly as well and they told me that if GameStop didn't take care of me, that they would. I was very pleased with the Sony customer service. I have also since added the warranty with accidental damage coverage.

Message 98 of 156 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 1, 2012

Here is my Sqeaky L or R button fix.

Can the OP please add this to the list

Message 99 of 156 (250 Views)
0 Likes