PlayStation MVP
3850 posts

Re: .::. The Happy .::. PS Vita Owner/User .::. Thread .::.

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2013

harley2947 wrote:

I've had my WHITE PS Vita for 2 months. I got it for $200 with 4GB card. My first game was NFS: Most Wanted. I now have that, PSASBR, Sound Shapes, and Modnation racers. A week after having my Vita I lost my charger. didn't want to get a new one. About a week ago I finally got a new charger and turned my vita on for the first time in 2 months. It charges really slow. Quarter battery in 1-2 hours. I think its just the charger. Other than that it's awesome. Awesome games and online. I als use it for music and my late night vid machine, lol. I kid. I LOVE IT!!

If you didn't get the OFFICIAL SONY PLAYSTATION 2-part charger (2 separate purchases), the PS Vita won't charge as fast. You can find them for less than in a brick store, online. 

Some/Most/All of those 3rd party charge kits don't have a good data cable either, nor one at all, in my experience.

Also, if you want your PS Vita to charge faster generally, power it down and charge it in an off-state.

When a device is totally dead it takes longer to re-charge it, and it's slower to charge from the bottom.  It's a good idea to keep your PS Vita topped off, like plug it in when you go to sleep every night, for instance. Play until it warns you of Low Battery, then get it plugged in immediately.

Message 21 of 66 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Aug 25, 2013
I love my vita busy playing killzone beta now great game so far, can't wait for batman and borderlands to come out. I god of war hd for vita will be a must buy for me
 photo image_zps37afac29.jpg
Message 22 of 66 (373 Views)
First Son
29 posts

Aug 25, 2013
I got the day one bundle and I've been happy with it since. It was a tough start, but then I got Gravity Rush, MotorStorm RC, Mortal Kombat, Unit 13 and those are great games. Now I have those 4 games plus UMvsC3, NFS: Most Wanted, ACIII, LBP:Vita, PSA:Battle Royal, Metal Gear HD Collection, a couple of psn and mobile games, and also a couple of psp/ps1 games. And right now I'm playing the crap out of the Mercenary beta.
Message 23 of 66 (372 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Just picked up a 32gb card last night and - after a quick backup of my 16gb card via content manager - I'm all set with 15gb of free space!  I'm planning on getting Batman, Killzone and (if rumors be true) the GOTY edition of Injustice when (if?) it comes in November.

Got a copy of Battlefront II and Force Unleashed for my Star Wars fix from PSN, and they're running great.  The BF2 controls take a bit of getting used to, but seem to work really well.  Force Unleashed has been a pleasant surprise, the extra modes really give the game some legs!

So yeah, very happy Vita owner here.

Please implement Remote Play in PS4 Xenoverse!
Message 24 of 66 (330 Views)
Sackboy
627 posts

Aug 29, 2013

I love my Vita, I've been an owner since Dec 2012 and I'm currently playing Silent Hill Origins on it and then I plan on playing shattered memories.

Message 25 of 66 (323 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3850 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2013

Someone mentioned in another thread that they only buy PS Vita games NEW to support the developers.

I do that too, only buy new PS Vita physical, or get digital. It doesn't mean I will NEVER get a PS Vita game used, but for the most part I will not, and so far have not done that FWIW.

I love my PS Vita for it's lovely look as well as how nice the game boxes and art look. The wonderful feeling of taking the plastic wrapper off of a new game and cracking open that box, picking up the game card, inserting that game card into my PS Vita.

I love the line of PS Vita game boxes stacked up on my CD rack.

I'm so looking forward to that experience with Killzone:Mercenary in less than 2 weeks!

Message 26 of 66 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7737 posts

Aug 31, 2013

harley2947 wrote:

A week after having my Vita I lost my charger. didn't want to get a new one. About a week ago I finally got a new charger and turned my vita on for the first time in 2 months. It charges really slow. Quarter battery in 1-2 hours. I think its just the charger.

Get a USB charger that supplies exactly 5V and at least 1500mA (1.5A) or more, such as the ones supplied to charge Android Tablets. Look for "Fast Charge Adaptors" if you could. Get an official Vita charger, even.

Most cheap (and even official!) USB chargers and smartphone chargers only supply 500mA or 750mA. And more often than not, cheap adapters from eBay have severe issues such as voltage regulation issues, excessive noise or anemic power delivery. Any one of these problems will cause your Vita to charge slowly.

Fake chargers do like to give the illusion of charging, so their weak power delivery is meant to trigger the charging circuits (to make your device look like it's charging) and not much else.

Message 27 of 66 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2155 posts

Aug 31, 2013

100% satisfied PS Vita owner right here :smileyhappy:

I purchased mine February 2013.  I was wanting one right from the start but I kept having second thoughts.  One day I was browsing at a Futureshop and saw one unit left (Assassin's Creed III: Liberation bundle) and it was on sale for $199.  I just thought to myself, "It's a sign!" so I bought it right away.

Upon arriving home I immediately purchased the digital version of Persona 4 Golden and downloaded Gravity Rush which was free for PS+ subscribers.

Currently I'm playing Muramasa Rebirth.  My most recent PS Vita purchase is Dead or Alive 5+ ($10 for PS+).

Question for those who have done so:  How do you capture screenshots??

Message 28 of 66 (280 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Aug 31, 2013

I love my vita, BUT I mainly just use it to play PS1 games, which is nice since I love having them as portable versions.  I just wish there was more of a selection of vita games themselves, though I do play ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 and DOA 5+ but not a lot else as far as vita games go, though the killzone beta is really good so far.  Well see if online play is still this good once the servers get flooded

Message 29 of 66 (275 Views)
Wastelander
576 posts

Aug 31, 2013

I bought mine this past May and I am enjoying it.  I usually play it during my lunch hour, slow times at work or sitting on the deck.  The games that have been offered through the IGC for Plus  have been more than enough to keep me busy. I did purchase The Walking Dead Farming Simulator and Lego Batman 2 for it.  It's my first handheld console and I like it very much.

Message 30 of 66 (270 Views)