Highlighted
Sep 17 2012
By: StaticFuzz Sackboy 554 posts

PS Vita Resistance: Burning Skies Help!!

10 replies 416 views Edited Sep 17, 2012

I everyone, I am a longtime member of these boards, just haven't posted in a long time.  I need GAMERS opinions on something, and that is whether or not i should purchase Resistance:Burning Skies for the PS Vita.  I have had the Vita since it came out and I love it. I currently have played and own the following games:

Unit 13

Madden 13

Mortal Combat

Uncharted

MLB The Show

Metal Gear Solid

FIFA 12

Reality FIghters

Supremacy MMA

Now usually before I purchase a game I do a decent amount of research to determine whether or not that game is worth buying, and so far I have been pretty good.  The only issue is that I am a huge Resistance fan, but according to certain websites , IGN and Gamespot, they feel that this game is no good, but in all honestly I know how they rate these games, and I know who rates them, which makes me fel more unreliable about their opinion. 

Therefore I am asking you the real GAMERS out there to give me your reviews and let me know if you think it is worth buying.  Thanks for reading and helping me out in advance. 

F.U.B.A.R.
Message 1 of 11 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Re: PS Vita Resistance: Burning Skies Help!!

Sep 17, 2012
its not worth it just wait for a better FPS to come out. i sold mine cuz the devs refuse to answer any questions about all the glitches and they been working on a patch for over 3 months with no word on the patch status. the game is full of glitches.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 2 of 11 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Sep 17, 2012
Resistance: Burning Skies sucks in every possible way. The story is crap, and a Resistance game without story is a crime. The lead character has next to no development, the cast is kept to a minimum and there's so little interaction it's impossible to develop any sort of attachment to them (something that didn't happen with Resistance Retribution)~.

The graphics are awful, I think a PSP game has the same chances of looking the same. You'll encounter a bunch of "invisible walls" you can't get past as well as "paper backgrounds" (you know, 2D pixel images that are used as background instead of actual 3D content), one level in particular that takes place in a ruined bridge makes this awfully notorious when you look at the cities on each side of the bridge and look at the ugly, static bitmaps~.

And last, but not least, the multiplayer is awful. It's limited to very few levels, 8 players max and it has a lot of glitches that have yet to be addressed. The most aggravating one being the exploit of the mule which lets you one **bleep** much anyone~.

If you are a fan of Resistance, skip this one~.
Message 3 of 11 (387 Views)
Splicer
85 posts

Sep 17, 2012

It was my first game for the vita. To be honest with you, unlike most people I enjoy it. Multiplayer needs some help fyi any one that uses the mule "shotgun" has an advantage.

Singleplayer was enjoyable enough for me. I as well love the resistance series and have beet all its counterparts on psp and ps3

It was to easy. I played on normal difficulty and my first run through the game I got plat. Only hard part in the game for me was the last boss. 

Though it does lack stuff. mp maps to small. Almost every one uses the Mule. I use the 3 burst rifle. my self and I do decent enough to still go back and play it. some times I accidently touch the screen and use my secondary shot. I have big thumbs but overall I liked it.

If I were you. I would try to find some third party reviews on it. I do know alot of people dont like it. I seem to be the minority.

wish you the best on what ever decision you come up with

Message 4 of 11 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Sep 17, 2012
I hated the game at first because I didn't have the shotgun at first when u first started playing online. I would still do good with the AR, but its no fun getting one shot killed 24/7.
Message 5 of 11 (378 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 17, 2012
Game suck, it's what it is, to think it's being made by the studio that give us such "GREATTTTTEEEESTTT" title like Playstation Move Hero. However if you're looking forward to FPS game, there's Killzone Mercenary which come out sometimes next year Smiley Happy also there is COD but it's make by the same people who give us this "GREEAAAATTTTEEESTTT" game, I would pass it.
I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 6 of 11 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7400 posts

Sep 17, 2012
If you are as huge resistance fan as me then you need to buy it i think burning skies is closer to resistance 3 feeling than fall of man or R2, i didnt like to play as Railey at the beginning but he grew up on me as i was making my way to the end. He is by no means your Hale or Capelli stereotype but a simple fireman who happens to get on the fight against chimera invasion.

The online multiplayer is broken at the moment but i truly believe they can easily fix it with a patch improving online servers, make the shotgun less powerfull and add new maps and modes.

As i said before if you are as huge resistance fan as im then you need to buy it, i've heard they are working on a new patch, hopefully its coming out soon, very soon.
Message 7 of 11 (363 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Sep 17, 2012
the story is better then the MP, maybe after they fix it and add content ill repurchase, but as of now its got bad servers for sure.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 8 of 11 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
554 posts

Sep 17, 2012
I appreciate all of your feedback, I'm really big into FPS games and especially on the PS Vita I felt the games would be great both visual wise and story wise.

I've been playing Unit 13 a lot and honestly I've quite enjoyed it, it's got a long single player mode with multiple unlock able items as well, but I've grown bored of it because I've been playing it since it came out.

I've even tried the demo of Resistance and it was ok, nothing great. I hate to say this and sorry if I offend anyone, but I don't like the fact that in Resistance you play as a fireman. I'm a police officer and just can't see a fireman, who drags a hose, saving the world from aliens.
F.U.B.A.R.
Message 9 of 11 (344 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Sep 17, 2012
I loved it, its not a game for everyone but its a good game. I think the game in stores is now $30 . I could be wrong but I read that they were lowering the price to $30 along with Unit 13. The multiplayer has issues but the campaign itself is pretty good. Im a huge Resistance fan myself whos been a owner of both the system and Resistance fall of man game since Jan 2007. It makes it more fun when trying to find all the Intel but the trophies are pretty easy to get . I have played it through twice already and im now playing on super human mode. I personally say its a replay value game, but you should download them demo from the PS store and see if you like it. Smiley Happy
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 10 of 11 (343 Views)
0 Likes