Splicer
76 posts

Re: PS Vita Replacement Vertical Lines

Jul 22, 2012

XxTWISTEDxX-420 wrote:
Lets say i were to play my vita in the dark and i hold the ps button well when that grey screen pops up with the brightness or whatever. Theres just vertical lines in the background of everything. like maybe messed up pixels not sure

just realized you can hold down the PS button to get brightness and music controls! haha

but i see no vertical lines on mine

Message 21 of 26 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Jul 22, 2012

vertical lines are not normal.

Message 22 of 26 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Jul 22, 2012
im think i see what your talkn about. its nothin its just the oled screen. its hardly noticable in less your looking really hard for them.dont worry about it.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 23 of 26 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Jul 23, 2012
I also noticed the black Spots but only on dark screens otherwise my screens fine
Message 24 of 26 (328 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 8, 2012
Yea its normal i got another one and same thing oh well i love the vita
Message 25 of 26 (304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 13, 2012

So, I figured I would sign-up and post on this board, since I have read everything I can on the subject, as I just picked up a new Vita on Friday and it had the same issue. I figured it was normal reading what I was reading online and seeing this forum, however, a friend of mine has a Vita, so just out of curiousity, I had to check it out - and sure enough, his Vita is issue (line) free.

I returned my Vita as soon as I was able, and got a new one. It also has a _very_ faint set of lines on it, but no where near as bad as it used to be (ie. using the brown background or looking at gray looked ridiculous). So, I can definitely live with it - however, it's obvious to me now that there is meant to be none or very little present. The fact I have seen one with no lines at all proves this to me.

If you are on the fence and are not sure if it's normal or not: it isn't normal, and return it. If you get one with very faint lines (like I did), you're all set, or none at all, even better, but it's definitely not normal to be getting those lines (and the mura effect isn't what's at play here - it's either bad assembly or the mechanism that powers the OLED is not correctly aligned/installed).

Hope this helps someone.

Message 26 of 26 (277 Views)
0 Likes