Dec 01 2012
By: Yojimbo68 Wastelander 762 posts

PS Vita RPG's !

13 replies 467 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

Just got my Vita, and it's very nice, playing some cool demo's, Lumines, Uncharted, Wipeout 2048, Rayman etc and awaiting my copy of 'Persona 4 Golden', I was just wondering what's on the horizon for the Vita RPG wise ?

I'm pretty sure that I read of a FF X HD remake, and I'm glad to see that the two 'Tactics' games are available on the PSN, but what else is in the pipeline ? I'd be greatful for any info, thanks !

p.s. Since Final Fantasy Type-0 never saw a Western release, how's about a Vita HD upgrade !?

Message 1 of 14 (467 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Re: PS Vita RPG's !

Dec 1, 2012

Well most the RPG's for the time being have been released. I honestly don't see any new ones at least right now for a while, so I couldn't say.

Message 2 of 14 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11743 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Aside from the HD port of Final Fantasy X, there are a few available RPGs on the Vita already, including Ragnarok Odyssey and New Little King's Story. 2013's future doesn't look to hold very much at the moment, but if you like role-playing then there are a couple of games down the line. Amongst these is Warrior's Lair, a dungeon-crawling action-RPG from Sony and Dragon's Crown, a 2D sidescrolling action-RPG from Atlus. We'll probably have to wait awhile longer until any other major RPG announcements come up.

Message 3 of 14 (456 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6030 posts

Dec 1, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Aside from the HD port of Final Fantasy X, there are a few available RPGs on the Vita already, including Ragnarok Odyssey and New Little King's Story. 2013's future doesn't look to hold very much at the moment, but if you like role-playing then there are a couple of games down the line. Amongst these is Warrior's Lair, a dungeon-crawling action-RPG from Sony and Dragon's Crown, a 2D sidescrolling action-RPG from Atlus. We'll probably have to wait awhile longer until any other major RPG announcements come up.

Western RpG's would also be nice but JRPG's don't look to be on the horizon either right now - most RPG devs in general are courting 3DS right now anyway. You might be better off grabbing some great PS1 RPG's you may have not played like Grandia or PSP games like the Dungeon Crawler Untold Legends (which is priced below $4 each right now if you are a PS+ member)

Message 4 of 14 (430 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Yojimbo68 wrote:

Just got my Vita, and it's very nice, playing some cool demo's, Lumines, Uncharted, Wipeout 2048, Rayman etc and awaiting my copy of 'Persona 4 Golden', I was just wondering what's on the horizon for the Vita RPG wise ?

I'm pretty sure that I read of a FF X HD remake, and I'm glad to see that the two 'Tactics' games are available on the PSN, but what else is in the pipeline ? I'd be greatful for any info, thanks !

p.s. Since Final Fantasy Type-0 never saw a Western release, how's about a Vita HD upgrade !?

I agree FF Type-0 should get a Vita version, since it is really too late to sell the PSP version over here...

Message 5 of 14 (428 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Dec 1, 2012
I beleive at one point a Vita version of Rainbow Moon was supposed to be released. Other than that and FFX HD not sure if anything is in the pipe line

A few good ones available now including your PS4 would be new little king story, rag odyssey, Disgea 3
Message 6 of 14 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Dec 1, 2012

RPG devs are lazy... so they stick to the low hard ware stuff * psp im looking at you SE* 

So yea... 

RPG devs are the laziest devs ever..  so they will stick to the low hard ware 3ds *

Message 7 of 14 (411 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 1, 2012
would be nice to see more since it's my fav genre. me thinks it will be awhile unfortunately before we see anymore. I wouldn't mind some ports though.
Message 8 of 14 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Dec 1, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Neither RO nor NLKS are RPGs. RO has vague RPG elements, but far from being a RPG / JRPG and NLKS is more like a strategy game with Pikmin mechanics. Far as FFX HD goes, nothing has been said in waaaay too long, so who knows at this point. The only JRPG in the foreseeable future is Valhalla Knights 3 which is coming out in Japan at the beginning of 2k13 if I am not mistaken~.

There are a few JRPGs coming out in Japan too such as Demon Gaze, Atelier Totori Plus and Tales of Hearts R. Of those three, the only one with a good chance of coming over is Atelier Totori Plus~.

Message 9 of 14 (376 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

There is Soul Sacrifice look forward to in 2013.

Message 10 of 14 (370 Views)
0 Likes