I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Re: PS Vita RPG's !

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Aside from the HD port of Final Fantasy X, there are a few available RPGs on the Vita already, including Ragnarok Odyssey and New Little King's Story. 2013's future doesn't look to hold very much at the moment, but if you like role-playing then there are a couple of games down the line. Amongst these is Warrior's Lair, a dungeon-crawling action-RPG from Sony and Dragon's Crown, a 2D sidescrolling action-RPG from Atlus. We'll probably have to wait awhile longer until any other major RPG announcements come up.

Neither RO nor NLKS are RPGs. RO has vague RPG elements, but far from being a RPG / JRPG and NLKS is more like a strategy game with Pikmin mechanics. Far as FFX HD goes, nothing has been said in waaaay too long, so who knows at this point. The only JRPG in the foreseeable future is Valhalla Knights 3 which is coming out in Japan at the beginning of 2k13 if I am not mistaken~.

There are a few JRPGs coming out in Japan too such as Demon Gaze, Atelier Totori Plus and Tales of Hearts R. Of those three, the only one with a good chance of coming over is Atelier Totori Plus~.

RO is an RPG, can we not go over this again.. seriously. You already tried to make that point but it didn't work out well. You just said it's not an RPG but then you say it has vague RPG elements.. That in itself doesn't make sense. I feel like as often as you try to critique everything little thing I say, I can't help but resist doing the same to you.

I really don't feel like explaining this again, the first time you tried to say there werent stats in RO, there are tons of stats in RO, then you tried to say there was no leveling base stats, you can level in RO and increase stats through levels. You also tried to say there was not a story, there is a story but it's just not a story driven RPG, then you tried to say there was no plot to the game which isn't true either.

If you don't like the game Juan fine, but it's an RPG whether you choose to accept it as one or not. New Little King story is also an RPG.. but I am not even going to bother explaining that one. It appears to me you just like to pick and choose what you think is an RPG without actually looking into the games.

Just like you had done with RO, you were judging the hell out of it saying it wasn't an RPG, then I find out you hadn't even played the game at all and didn't know much about it other what you read from reviews.. Maybe it's safe to assume you haven't played New Little King Story either.

I haven't but I know what RPG's are is the difference.

I mean I am never one to really suggest to look up definitions that much but maybe you should learn what a Role-Playing Game is or what it even means as a word. If you did you would know  those games that you claim aren't RPG's are very much RPG's in the most literal sense.

Message 11 of 14 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2249 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

Yeah there's a few RPGs in the pipeline, although it's not confirmed if some will make it to the west like Valhalla Knights 3 or PS02. Soul Sacrifice is going to be amazing though, and Rainbow Moon is really fun on PS3 so I recommend it. I'm currently playing through my New Little King's Story game though, working my way towards the platinum. RO is a great little game too, it's more in the vein of Monster Hunter.

I disagree with people saying RO or NLKS are RPGs though, they're hybrids. RO has you leveling up your equipment, while NLKS has you leveling up both the king, princesses and your citizens/soldiers, while also working on upgrading/acquiring new weapons/armor for your characters.

Message 12 of 14 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Dec 1, 2012

It's an old game for the PSP, but you might want to get Persona 3 Portable as a download.

It's not quite an RPG, but you can get Dissidia 12 too.

Disgea 3 (I may have spelled that wrong) is good too, and in my opinion is better than FF Tactics.

They don't have much else out yet.

Message 13 of 14 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

RO is an RPG, can we not go over this again.. seriously. You already tried to make that point but it didn't work out well. You just said it's not an RPG but then you say it has vague RPG elements.. That in itself doesn't make sense. I feel like as often as you try to critique everything little thing I say, I can't help but resist doing the same to you.

To be honest, I've no idea who you are so your paranoia that I go out of my way to criticize you (I do admit that I do go out of my way to correct people in general, but never a single individual) is pretty much...well, paranoia. RO isn't an RPG, it's a Monster Hunting title with one or two RPG elements (your stats increase at the end of a chapter, yay!), so is Castlevania Symphony of the Night. That doesn't make it a RPG either, I do know one thing about you and is that despite your usual prefaces or "I don't want to argue about this" you go on massive wall of text rants and quite frankly, I don't care about your opinion. Live and let live, yes? As far as I am concerned, Monster Hunting titles (Soul Sacrifice included) aren't RPGs, and if people wouldn't judge them as RPGs perhaps many of the quarrels that have been voiced towards them would be invalidated~.

Now, you can go on with your usual diatribe but just know that I really won't even look at it, let alone reply to it~.

Edit: assumptions are the mothers of all **bleep** ups, so the saying goes. Do refrain from assuming things, it only makes you look like an idiot.  Proof that I didn't play NLKS, proof that I didn't play RO~.

Edit 2: Obviously, the "I didn't play" is sarcasm, for those with a slow brain or people who like to assume way too much for their own good~.

Message 14 of 14 (133 Views)
0 Likes