Feb 02 2014
By: TheSpiralMatrix Hekseville Citizen 365 posts

PS Vita Memory Help

[ Edited ]
4 replies 173 views Edited Feb 3, 2014

My vita came with a 4gb card which filled quickly so i upgraded to a 16gb card. the swap was easy with the PS3 system.

Now a year later my 16gb card is full and my PS3 is gone with a PS4 in its place. If i buy a 32gb card how can i easily transfer all my content as I did before?

Edit: Updated Labels. Learn more about Labels here.

thespiralmatrix's Gamercard
Message 1 of 5 (173 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Re: PS Vita Memory Help

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2014

Spiral if you buy a 32 GB Memory Card for your vita the easiest way to keep every saved file or data you want, is to keep near both memory cards.The old and the new one.Since the PS4 right now only allows Online Storage to be saved on the system.
Depending on the size of the games or apps you have and play, try balancing both on the two memory cards you own in a way that you can easily switch and search for what you want to play.
That's one way.Another can be deleting the content you don't have to play any time soon.To earn more free space
So later if you miss those games deleted, you just download them again from the store.

Message 2 of 5 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Feb 2, 2014

so content manager on PC will not do the same thing? Is it possible to transfer the cards on a friends ps3?

id really rather not start carrying around multiple cards.

thespiralmatrix's Gamercard
Message 3 of 5 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Feb 2, 2014

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

so content manager on PC will not do the same thing? Is it possible to transfer the cards on a friends ps3?

id really rather not start carrying around multiple cards.

Content manager will do the same thing. You can copy your download onto you computer then delete them from your vita and then copy them back to you vita later. You can also do a full backup. The only thing that I found a little iffy with the program is how it treats psp games. I dont think it's possible to seperate the save from the game itself, or at least I couldnt figure it out. Content manager is what most people use; I'm not sure why it wasnt recommended to you. 

Message 4 of 5 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11752 posts

Feb 3, 2014

Apart from the Content Manager, another data-transferring solution is PlayStation Plus. Just like Content Manager, you can forward your data onto the Cloud, delete the game, and at any later date reinstall the game. Once installed you can bring up the Plus storage locker and grab what you had out of there to bring up exactly where you last left off.

Message 5 of 5 (146 Views)
0 Likes