Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 04 2012
By: ucdplaya12 First Son 4 posts

PS Vita Media server support a lie?

5 replies 2003 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

I have seen an image online showing its support before the Vita launched in March[1]. Yes, I am aware that we can do it remotely with a PS3, but I am interested in native support. I am also aware that the PS3 was DLNA compliant before the launch of PS Store Video service, and am suprised that they haven't removed this feature like they did with otherOS.

Now that PS Store provides Video services, will the PS Vita ever be DLNA compliant? 

Regards

[1] http://www.gamegen.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/skype_vita.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (2,003 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3532 posts

Re: PS Vita Media server support a lie?

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

PS Vitas never had any DLNA Media server option in ANY SCE press functions ever.

Please provide a link to Show that it did.  (For other users that read this) 

Third party sites are not SCE and should always be taken with a pinch of salt or in most cases a truck load...

Remote Play tech demos were also just tech demos not final product... As they rely on other devices not just the PS vita... all tech demos reamain just a tech demo... Remote play has never been DLNA if you confuse them thats not SCE fault.

Cross play is not DLNA media servers either and wont be as is stand alone PS vita Software.

1080p H264 decoding and downscale was not added till a lot later on PS vita this would make Media server use realy annoying as you would have to re-encode all 1080p Video. (Like Remote play does it converts every thing to a resolution for PSP streaming as well as Vita and Sony laptop support in real time on the PS3)

Theres also No WMV, No DivX, No MPG and there never was ever going to be. MPG is the deal breaker...

MPG file support is a Requirement for the DLNA license... No Mpeg No DLNA license for PS vita...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (1,987 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 4, 2012

PS Vitas never had any DLNA Media server option in ANY SCE press functions ever.

Please provide a link to Show that it did.  (For other users that read this) 

Check out the link I provided in my first post. Can you spot the DLNA trademark in Sony's Vita powerpoint slide?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (1,979 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7551 posts

Dec 4, 2012
They probably dropped the feature in development.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (1,967 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3532 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Doppelgangergang wrote:
They probably dropped the feature in development.

Sony BRAZIL botched  job. Not SCE 

SCE never said such thing... and never would have... as they new it would not support MPEG for a long time.    

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (1,955 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
509 posts

Dec 4, 2012

You can do it, it can be done. Apparently with the EMIT server app for windows designed to stream to it's android counterpart, it has a web client as well, which you can access from the vita, to stream your media that way. Check out http://www.emitapp.com

PS3 20gb with 120gb hd *** PS3 40gb *** PS3 80gb *** Ps Vita 3g *** 2x Ps Vita wifi *** 2x White PSP-Go
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (1,925 Views)
0 Likes