First let me say, i dont speak or read japanese so what i have here is only what i could glean from google translation of japanese site coverage and the PS Vita Heaven Page. Some translation was confusing so if any yall can clarify chime in and ill check back and edit.
- PS Vita in Japan will have a price cut at the end of february. BOTH 3g and Wifi only models Vitas will be priced 19,980 yen (~$200us)
- Games Shown (DATES ARE FOR JAPANESE RELEASE ONLY):
- Phantasy Star Online 2 (2/28)
- Shinovi Versus (2/28)
- Soul Sacrifice (3/7)
- Tales of Hearts R (3/7)
- One Piece ???? 2 (3/28)
- Silver Vita bundled with PSO2
- PS Vita will get TV viewing capability via torne app (looks like theres some kind of recurring fee???) [Requires the nasne (Nasune) ™ video device]
- PS Plus free for 7 days for some group of vita owners...??? (Translation not clear)
- PS Store credit for some other group of Japanese Vita owners...??? (Translation not clear)
Not much of this stuff really affects us in N/A directly but i wanted to put the info out there cause games and price changes usually filter over here eventually.
I find the price drop and the fact that Both the 3g and Wifi models will be the same price to be particularly of intrest. How much of an increase in sales do you think the vita will get stateside if the price drops to $200. Given the choice between wi-fi only and 3g, when both cost the same, which do you believe would experience the greater sales. (bundles excluded)
#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!