Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Re: PS Vita Battery Solution too easy...

Sep 19, 2011

What if I'm playing at night? Fail.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 11 of 24 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Sep 19, 2011

Wow, out of many years of playing with a psp, and i think many other psp owners would agee with me, that playing a psp with the power cord hooked up and plugged in a wall outlet has been used alot ever since we got our psp's long ago and will still be used with the vita. Just like car adapters and usb charging.

So really, with the new vita are we going to stop using the same methods we have always used to power our older psp's? I dont think so. Im happy that sony is making a battery back up for the vita. It just adds another way to power up the vita.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 12 of 24 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Sep 19, 2011
Message 13 of 24 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Sep 19, 2011

Here is a pic of the external battery. I like it its not gigantic, it looks like you can put it in your backpack or pocket and just have the wire running out into the psvita. I think I'm gonna buy this battery day 1 because I hate seeing battery low especially when im traveling.

http://1876.voxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/sony-ps-vita-external-battery.jpg

Message 14 of 24 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Sep 20, 2011

What an interesting device...

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 15 of 24 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Sep 20, 2011

D-Roy12 wrote:

Here is a pic of the external battery. I like it its not gigantic, it looks like you can put it in your backpack or pocket and just have the wire running out into the psvita. I think I'm gonna buy this battery day 1 because I hate seeing battery low especially when im traveling.

http://1876.voxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/sony-ps-vita-external-battery.jpg

Holy crap, this just made me very, very happy.

Pro skill. Definition: Being too sexy at something for your own good.
Message 16 of 24 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Sep 20, 2011

Solar panels for handheld devices are much much cheaper than the ones you get for home.

That said, this technology has been used for decades on cheap calculators ($5 tops).

But then it's not a good idea because it would only save a few more minutes or you would have to wait a whole day to play an hour more.

I like the D-Roy12 solution for this. Get an external battery !

Message 17 of 24 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Sep 20, 2011

I love how people are quick to go "Oh, the battery life isn't that bad at all".

But when the 3DS' battery life was found, people complained to hell. Probably since the DSiXL could manage 10+ hours if played on low brightness and such.

And yet again, the solution is another battery (in this case, external instead of a whole new battery).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 24 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Sep 20, 2011

I know it sucks have to buy another battery but that's the best solution that doesn't involve re-design on Vita.

Hell, I'd love to see it running on nuclear if that meant playing as much I wanted to without having to recharge it . But that's a dream that won't happen .

Message 19 of 24 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Sep 21, 2011

Oh, this is cool! I'll definitely be picking it up when I buy my Vita next year

Message 20 of 24 (11 Views)
0 Likes