Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
569 posts
 

Re: PS Vita 2000 unboxing video, screen looks average

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

I don't see how anyone can say that slightly washed out colours is a bad tradeoff when you get 1gb internal memory, standard usb charge port and an extra hour or so battery life. The 2000 even looks a bit nicer too in the colours it comes in.

 

I don't think you'd know what you were missing if you didn't have them side by side to compare. This feels an awful lot like people who think they can see the difference between 720p and 1080p on a 30" screen.

 

Edit: load times seem to be 10-30 seconds longer

 

That guy messed up the audio so he re-did the videos and pretended like he was unboxing it for the first time. lol


sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 11 of 23 (2,812 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2009
Offline
13184 posts
 

Re: PS Vita 2000 unboxing video, screen looks average

Oct 10, 2013

 photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 12 of 23 (2,800 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Offline
4073 posts
 

Re: PS Vita 2000 unboxing video, screen looks average

Oct 10, 2013

When the PS Vita 2000 was first unveiled I looked at pictures a lot and determined I just highly prefer the look of my PS Vita [FEB-15-2012]

 

I can see why many people like the new one, but I don't like the round buttons and the way the screen looks on the device (It reminds me of my PSP's, that's not a good thing.) I don't mean the LCD part, I mean the actual plastic/glass.

 

Things that were awesome before are now circles. (All the buttons and the speaker grill pattern)

 

I love how my PS Vita feels in my small hands. I have small hands, well, normal hands. Not overtly large or small.

 

I have had tiny phones, thin phones, thick phones. Thick devices, tiny devices, big, bulky devices.

 

The best feel of everything my life long is my PS Vita. I love how it feels. I don't want it to be thinner or all visually round. I personally like the PS Vita how it is.

 

OLED vs. LCD ---- I'm not for or against a change, only for OLED since my PS Vita looks awesome like no other devices has .... it's rich and lovely. Show me absolute comparisons of how this new LCD tech is just as good. I haven't seen anything acceptable yet.

 

I see the need in the USA to keep the Original PS Vita in stock. Just my opinion.

 

 

Message 13 of 23 (2,797 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 05/26/2007
Offline
379 posts
 

Re: PS Vita 2000 unboxing video, screen looks average

Oct 10, 2013

the old version stil looks abit beter on the screen.. not sure why since everyone else says the new 1 looks beter Smiley Tongue maybe my eyes are getting old lol

 

but i like the new button layout on the new 1

Message 14 of 23 (2,794 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/01/2003
Offline
3345 posts
 

Re: PS Vita 2000 unboxing video, screen looks average

Oct 10, 2013

Hakoom wrote:

the old version stil looks abit beter on the screen.. not sure why since everyone else says the new 1 looks beter Smiley Tongue maybe my eyes are getting old lol

 


OLED is generally considered to be better than LED. Or at least that was the arguement when the Vita-1000 came out, and opinion of nearly every single review article out there. Reverting the quality back to standard LED saves Sony, and thankfully, the consumer money, so it leads us into the verbiage of "you get what you pay for."

Message 15 of 23 (2,785 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: PS Vita 2000 unboxing video, screen looks average

Oct 10, 2013

teeborg wrote:

I don't see how anyone can say that slightly washed out colours is a bad tradeoff when you get 1gb internal memory, standard usb charge port and an extra hour or so battery life. The 2000 even looks a bit nicer too in the colours it comes in.

 


The 1GB of intermal memory is pretty much worthless, most PSV games are 1.something. At most you'd be able to get one or two indie / PSP games on it. And even then, only certain ones as several indie / PSP games are above the 1GB mark. The colors will probably never make it to the West, why? I've no idea, Sony seems adamant about bringing to the West anything remotely interesting. I do agree that the standard USB charge port is a nice perk though~.

Message 16 of 23 (2,777 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Offline
4073 posts
 

Re: PS Vita 2000 unboxing video, screen looks average

Oct 10, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

teeborg wrote:

I don't see how anyone can say that slightly washed out colours is a bad tradeoff when you get 1gb internal memory, standard usb charge port and an extra hour or so battery life. The 2000 even looks a bit nicer too in the colours it comes in.

 


The 1GB of intermal memory is pretty much worthless, most PSV games are 1.something. At most you'd be able to get one or two indie / PSP games on it. And even then, only certain ones as several indie / PSP games are above the 1GB mark. The colors will probably never make it to the West, why? I've no idea, Sony seems adamant about bringing to the West anything remotely interesting. I do agree that the standard USB charge port is a nice perk though~.


They brought the PS VIta west. They brought a white PS Vita west.

 

They have brought a red PS3 west. Now a Super Slim Blue PS3 has come west.

 

Sony makes all kinds of colored handheld, Over the years I saw different PSP's in the west. I had a white one and a silver one. (Well, still do)

 

Sony doesn't give us colors like Nintedo does. That's because Sony doesn't give us colors like they do in Japan, for whatever their reasoning is. It's illogical, but that's because Sony isn't a Vulcan company. Robot Happy

 

I love the Camo PSP ... I wanted one but having two PSP's already ... it didn't happen. 

--------------------------------

 

Remotely Interesting. Remote Play. Not interesting to you, I know. Robot tongue

Message 17 of 23 (2,773 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5476 posts
 

Re: PS Vita 2000 unboxing video, screen looks average

Oct 10, 2013

I have an original Vita, and I adore it.  There's a really good chance that I will be getting a 2000 sometime next year, just so I have a backup (keep one at the office, and keep one at home, etc.).  I like the design of the 2000, but it strikes me as unecessary.  However, if those changes bring in more Vita users, i cannot complain.The only feature I really like is the change to microusb, and, although I am in looooove with the OLED screen, I think that the LCD screen is a smart move.

 

For the record, should we in NA get some of the colors here, I am all for either camo or red.  I'm hoping that they keep the old version of the Vita in NA, as well as the 2000, but, I have a feeling that will not happen.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 18 of 23 (2,764 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
569 posts
 

Re: PS Vita 2000 unboxing video, screen looks average

Oct 10, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

teeborg wrote:

I don't see how anyone can say that slightly washed out colours is a bad tradeoff when you get 1gb internal memory, standard usb charge port and an extra hour or so battery life. The 2000 even looks a bit nicer too in the colours it comes in.

 


The 1GB of intermal memory is pretty much worthless, most PSV games are 1.something. At most you'd be able to get one or two indie / PSP games on it. And even then, only certain ones as several indie / PSP games are above the 1GB mark. The colors will probably never make it to the West, why? I've no idea, Sony seems adamant about bringing to the West anything remotely interesting. I do agree that the standard USB charge port is a nice perk though~.


I agree that 1gb(or 980mb or whatever it is) is kind of a sad joke in today's world but it's definitely not worthless if I can fit Dragon's Crown or 3-4 smaller games. This would probably also let me get away with a 4gb memory card(not interested in KZ).


sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 19 of 23 (2,751 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
569 posts
 

Re: PS Vita 2000 unboxing video, screen looks average

Oct 10, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

When the PS Vita 2000 was first unveiled I looked at pictures a lot and determined I just highly prefer the look of my PS Vita [FEB-15-2012]

 

I can see why many people like the new one, but I don't like the round buttons and the way the screen looks on the device (It reminds me of my PSP's, that's not a good thing.) I don't mean the LCD part, I mean the actual plastic/glass.

 

Things that were awesome before are now circles. (All the buttons and the speaker grill pattern)

 

I love how my PS Vita feels in my small hands. I have small hands, well, normal hands. Not overtly large or small.

 

I have had tiny phones, thin phones, thick phones. Thick devices, tiny devices, big, bulky devices.

 

The best feel of everything my life long is my PS Vita. I love how it feels. I don't want it to be thinner or all visually round. I personally like the PS Vita how it is.

 

OLED vs. LCD ---- I'm not for or against a change, only for OLED since my PS Vita looks awesome like no other devices has .... it's rich and lovely. Show me absolute comparisons of how this new LCD tech is just as good. I haven't seen anything acceptable yet.

 

I see the need in the USA to keep the Original PS Vita in stock. Just my opinion.

 

 


If I pick one of these up I'd probably mold some polymer clay into a set of grip handles.


sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 20 of 23 (2,748 Views)
Reply
0 Likes