Have to admit, I'm not really sold on that screen being better. Im glad that I picked up the first version of the Vita, because I love how high quality the screen is compared to what I'm seeing on the PS Vita 2000.
What do you think?
Every picture I see that the oled screen looks far superior with deeper colors and more vibrant..... Buying a second gen 1 vita if they release the crap inferior screen in the USA......ur trying to sell people on a handheld so you cheapen the best thing the vita has the screen!!! What idiots
Unless you've seen it in person or is still browsing the internet through a properly calibrated CRT display* and the photo taker's camera is also properly set up (doubtful), I don't think pictures can be an accurate metric for judging display quality.
I will wait to see it in person to make any comments about the VT2000 vs VT1000 displays.
(*Believe it or not, CRTs can reproduce better colors than most LCD computer displays which is why comparing two screens through your LCD monitor may be inaccurate.)
Here are some things I like about the new PS Vita 2000 model:
- The multi-use port was replaced by a micro USB port (Type B)
- The accessory port was removed
- There is now 1GB of internal storage (it's not a lot but every bit helps)
- I think the new PS Vita 2000 model looks better
- seems to not show smudges as easily
- rounded edges instead of angular edges
- a simpler design
- the circular buttons look better
- It's thinner and lighter
- The PS button isn't lit (the original PS Vita had very bright LED-lit PS button that hurt my eyes)
- The battery is said to last one hour longer (I'm not sure if it's because the battery is actually better or if the new model just uses less energy)
Also would be great if drake was standing in the beginning of the game where there is trees and the sky and stuff. If you can full fill that then a+
The new Vita is a solid improvement. People are being too critical about just LED. LED is still great. And it's worth it with all the other hardward improvements.