Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Re: PS VITA VS. IPAD MINI

Feb 16, 2013

khewitt42 wrote:

i remember when i would make snide remarks about hating apple because it's so over priced and stupid and they dont work as well as windows/android

then i actually used their products. how many of you ever owned an ipad or a macbook pro?

from the sounds of it you guys just hopped in a bandwagon and think it's cool to hate a company because everyone else does

No.I just never bought into all the Apple hype I've heard since the Apple II and Macintosh days when I was in High School and College. :smileywink:

I'm a creature of habit.And some things never change,even in a new century I've seen dawn. :smileyhappy:

Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. :smileyhappy:

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 35 (318 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Feb 16, 2013

khewitt42 wrote:

i remember when i would make snide remarks about hating apple because it's so over priced and stupid and they dont work as well as windows/android

then i actually used their products. how many of you ever owned an ipad or a macbook pro?

from the sounds of it you guys just hopped in a bandwagon and think it's cool to hate a company because everyone else does

My mother owns 2 Ipads, 2 macbook pros, and 2 Iphones (one for her, one for my stepfather). My daughter earned herself a Macbook Pro with honor roll and a B+ in Math. I have used the products before. I still don't like them. I don't need a phone that I can talk to. I don't need a phone to be a smart alec, I do that well enough on my own thank you. I don't need a phone to auto correct my texts, I can spell very well on my own thank you very much. I don't need a phone that' is capable of taking pictures and video. Most of the time those photos and videos are sad indeed. After all if 30 people are standing around video taping someone getting raped, shot or gang beaten, there is a serious problem don't you think? I mean seriously, 30 kids video taping a fight outside on the street and not one of them is willing to step in and help? Yeah, pretty sad when the phone is smarter than the user.

I don't need a phone that can pull up directions somewhere (probably because I actually know how to get around town and know how to pay attention to streets and landmarks.) I don't need a phone that tells me where all my friends are at. Usually they're at work. Amazing concept I know. I don't need a phone to watch Youtube on, I really don't care for Youtube to start with. I don't want to watch Netflix on a 2" screen (at best) while I am at work. Now I will admit the e-reader my friend has on his phone is a rather nice touch. Seeing as how he can get into trouble at work if he has a book out, no one bothers him for "reading text messages on his phone." But he doesn't have an Iphone because you can't buy one without a camera and you can get fired or taken to jail for having a camera phone (or camera anything) inside of the Controlled Industrial Area where there is controlled nuclear information. (Federal Shipyard)

I don't like tablets because I prefer an actual keyboard for typing, rather than tapping the screen. I don't like the OS to the Apple laptops and PCs. I definitely don't like the browser. There are more reasons than just those.

I'm not someone who simply speaks out of his tailpipe with no actual experience with life, parenting or consumerism.

From the sound of it, you think it's cool to lump everyone into a generic category because it's easier to do.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 35 (313 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Feb 16, 2013

psvitagamer2012 wrote:

khewitt42 wrote:

No.I just never bought into all the Apple hype I've heard since the Apple II and Macintosh days when I was in High School and College. :smileywink:

I'm a creature of habit.And some things never change,even in a new century I've seen dawn. :smileyhappy:

Not sure of your age, but I'm 38. We had an Apple in the school library back in like 1988. My first experience with a computer. It was cool but so expensive. I didn't own my first PC or computer of any kind until 1998. I didn't grow up with cell phones. I think I was a senior in high school (1991/92) when beepers first became "cool". My first cell phone was with 360 Communications in like 1997. No texting. No nothing. So I'm not of the Gen Tech that most of today's teens and 20 somethings are.

I like gaming. That's it. Don't want cell phone gaming or tablet computing. I'm a simple guy really. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 35 (312 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Hi glaciusx25. What you are saying is very much true. I talk to people about it and that is what they are saying to me also. To add to it a lot of the mini games on phone and pads, some that we are paying for are free on the phones and pads. My son saw me playing jetpack joyride and pulled it up for free on his tablet. It seems that most for now are wanting a device that does the most. Multi functional is in for eletronics and the vita just is not there yet. Mabe when they fix the browser and pull in more apps that the other side are use to using it will be more popular. I still can not use my email app on the vita because nothing is ever compatable. Because of the video thing you know. When I show it to people I get the email question a lot. Who knows. Mabe they will incorporate a lot of the things in it this year. You never know.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 35 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

psvitagamer2012 wrote:

khewitt42 wrote:

Not sure of your age, but I'm 38. We had an Apple in the school library back in like 1988. My first experience with a computer. It was cool but so expensive. I didn't own my first PC or computer of any kind until 1998. I didn't grow up with cell phones. I think I was a senior in high school (1991/92) when beepers first became "cool". My first cell phone was with 360 Communications in like 1997. No texting. No nothing. So I'm not of the Gen Tech that most of today's teens and 20 somethings are.

I like gaming. That's it. Don't want cell phone gaming or tablet computing. I'm a simple guy really. :smileyhappy:

I just hit the big 4-9 two weeks ago tomorrow. :smileywink: :smileyhappy:

Yeah,my first experience with a supposed PC was in 1978 ( 8th Grade ) with a TRS 80 Model 1 ( Tandy/Radio Shack stuff ) with a cassette player ( called a "data drive" back then ) and 32K  programs on those cassettes! LOL  That was a BIG DEAL back then with memory being SO expensive and 1 Mhz Workstations being $500,000 for business or government use. :smileywink: :smileysurprised:

Yeah,back then,cell phones were really only 2 way radios in cars for the wealthy.IF you had a real "cell brick" phone it weighed in at least  the 2 lb mark and cost some $2000 or $3000 dollars to own,plus a good $1.00 dollar or more per minute of usage. :smileysurprised:

Yeah, I remember pagers and stuff from the 90s too. :smileyhappy:

I'm a simple guy and a gamer too since the Mattel handhelds days and the Atari 2600 and Vectrex Arcade System/Graphic Computer System times too.I've owned most all the handhelds and stuff till now,and have enjoyed seeing and playing them as they have arrived!LOVED my GameBoy,Lynx,Game Gear,Turbo Express,Nomad,Virtual Boy,Game Boy Color,Game Boy Advance,Neo Geo Pocket Color,PSP 1000,2000,3000,Go and now my Vita!

Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. :smileyhappy:

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 35 (303 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1151 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Carnage, the vita is awesome. people are just haters.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 35 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Feb 17, 2013
i agree. i have a nexus 7. best tab in the world. people love apple stuff. even if its really 2 years old.

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 35 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Feb 17, 2013
I rather have the vita.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 35 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Feb 17, 2013

The day I can play games as deep and complex as Metal Gear 3 on a tablet is the day I will choose one over a dedicated handheld. 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 35 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

Carnage251 wrote:

Ok so everybody is complaining about the psvita price being so high wen an ipad mini goes for over 300 dollars and the vita can do way more than the ipad mini and it is going for a lower price WHAT THE HECK GUYS 

Can someone please explain that logic to me please?

I don't own an iPad Mini, but I do have to admit the iPod is amazing.

Can you do Splashtop on a Vita?   No.   The closest thing is applying to be a PSM Developer for $100, that is the only way to get that function on a Vita.

Can you view your ultraviolet digital copies for a movie on a Vita?  No

Can you access Amazon Instant Video on a Vita?  No

Can you access Pandra on a Vita?   No, you get Music Unlimited, not the same.

The Vita camera is like 640x480, the iPod, iPads all have 5 MP cameras, or at least the newest models do.   The iPod 5, iPad 4, and iPhone 5 all record video at 1080p   If I am not mistaken, the highest resolution in a smartphone currently is 12MP.

While the games on a Vita are amazing, and do not compare to an iPad, unless you are a die hard Magic 2013 fan, that game works amazing on the iPad, and is not available on the Vita(Yet), Puzzle Quest 2 and The Simpsons Tapped out are also great iOs games.   You also cannot play Bejweled Blitz, Words with Friends, Slotomania on a Vita or Angry Birds, both titles would be great on the Vita.

Unfortunatly the Vita cannot make an iPad/iPod/iPhone, or an Android phone obselete.   What it does is play games.   Both Android and iOS have features the Vita wishes it had.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 35 (240 Views)
0 Likes