Sackboy
456 posts

Re: PS VITA REMOTE PLAY

Sep 28, 2011

AlacrityFitz wrote:

After having played around with remote play of the PSP 1000-2000-3000 I can say that the lag issue is real and would make multiplayer realtime almost impossible so forget SOCOM, MAG, or any other high end shooter from the top. Real time strategy games also would be a problem along with MMO's.

The multiplayer games able to be remoted would be the turn based games. Board games and the like are the easiest example. I think we would need a huge jump in wireless speeds to pull this off for the real time games.

On the hand single player does not have the three hop problem (Vita to PS3 to Server and back). I have used the PSP 2000 to watch vids and listen to music from my PS3, so some games should be able to handle the back and forth of offline play.

I am seriously looking at this to replace my boys cell phone so I am more looking at the apps and functions for now. I have seen the games and the tech and am fine with that... though moving to Canada to avoid dealing with AT&T is looking better every day.

Alacrity

In the killzone remote play video, the guy was playing full out multiplayer and he wasn't lagging THAT much. There would be a few very quick lags but thats all, its nothing that would bother you too much unless your very picky with small lags.

Message 11 of 16 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Sep 28, 2011

D-Roy12 wrote:

In the killzone remote play video, the guy was playing full out multiplayer and he wasn't lagging THAT much. There would be a few very quick lags but thats all, its nothing that would bother you too much unless your very picky with small lags.

Here is a quote from Sony’s Shu Yoshida:

"Yesterday, the demo that I showed using Killzone 3 was customized."

So this is not representative of how it will behave when finished, also it depends on the network used, the PS3 that were in the multiplayer match could have all been in the  next room with no extra lag introduced by long distance use of the internet.

Message 12 of 16 (67 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 28, 2011

I think the Vita/PS3 connectivity through remote play would be improved substantially if Sony made their next PS3 model with wireless n support...

Message 13 of 16 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Sep 28, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I think the Vita/PS3 connectivity through remote play would be improved substantially if Sony made their next PS3 model with wireless n support...

But if your PS3 is conected through the ethernet port it would be faster than 802.11n anyway.

Message 14 of 16 (67 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 28, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

But if your PS3 is conected through the ethernet port it would be faster than 802.11n anyway.

I know, I was talking about remote play with the Vita if you are in the vicinity of your PS3. IMO the PS3 is overdue for an wireless upgrade to wireless n anyway...

Message 15 of 16 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Sep 28, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I know, I was talking about remote play with the Vita if you are in the vicinity of your PS3. IMO the PS3 is overdue for an wireless upgrade to wireless n anyway...

That would mean a new SKU and that will also probably mean PS4.

Anyway if you are in the vicinity of your PS3 just connect through your wireless n router to your cabled PS3.

Message 16 of 16 (67 Views)
0 Likes