Sep 21 2011
By: SoukmaiBOY First Son 1 posts

PS VITA REMOTE PLAY

15 replies 1474 views Edited Sep 21, 2011

OKAY basically since the vita was first revealed, i've been reading somewhere that you can connect with your ps3 on the go wherever you are...and then i saw this vid of Killzone 3 played on the PS Vita using remote play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHNn12SHiTQ

what i want to know is if Vitas remote play is able to play Killzone 3..which is on PS3...will you be able to play for example "FFXIII, FALLOUT3, GTAIV, ELDERS SCROLLS IV ETC on the VITA using remote play?

Message 1 of 16 (1,474 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Re: PS VITA REMOTE PLAY

Sep 21, 2011

It will be able to play all ps3 games, but games like UC3 and other high quality games will be more laggy.

Message 2 of 16 (1,474 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Sep 22, 2011

I believe it will be up to the developers to allow it to be played with 'remote play' or maybe the control mapping will be done at the in the remote play application on the PSVita rather than the PS3 side.

Message 3 of 16 (1,474 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Sep 23, 2011

I'm very curious how this will work as well because if this works as I think it can, then the vita is instantly a must have item for me.

My questions...

-Will all ps3 games support this or is a patch needed?

-If I'm away from home, can my vita "wake" my ps3 and play whatever hard disc is in the system?

-What about titles downloaded to my ps3 hard drive?

This is really an amazing feature that few ppl are talking about...Sony included. Just imagine being away from your ps3 on holiday or vacation, but you can still keep playing uncharted 3 through remote play. Thats freakin awesome.

Message 4 of 16 (1,474 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Sep 23, 2011

jonboy_jlf_2004 wrote:

I'm very curious how this will work as well because if this works as I think it can, then the vita is instantly a must have item for me.

My questions...

-Will all ps3 games support this or is a patch needed?

-If I'm away from home, can my vita "wake" my ps3 and play whatever hard disc is in the system?

-What about titles downloaded to my ps3 hard drive?

This is really an amazing feature that few ppl are talking about...Sony included. Just imagine being away from your ps3 on holiday or vacation, but you can still keep playing uncharted 3 through remote play. Thats freakin awesome.

1, We are not sure as yet, I can not see reasons for both ways myself.We will have to wait for more details from Sony.

2, Currently 'remote play' allows that if the game is compatible with the PSP. I do not know what you mean by 'whatever hard disc is in the system' though as you can only have one hard disc, or one of many bluray/DVD/PSOne discs in the PS3.

3, Yes if they are compatible with the PSVita 'remote play' feature. You can also watch movies, listen to music, look at photos, arrange downloads and use the PS3 web browser (although it sounds like the PSVita browser will be better this time).

Remote play has been around for along time and after the initial excited response it went flat because it was not utilized very well and that could be why people are quiet about it now. However with the PSVita it seems Sony may have the device to make it work.

Message 5 of 16 (1,474 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Sep 24, 2011

Awesome thanks for the response. I knew the PSP had remote access, but there were very few games you could actually play through it.

What I meant by the "hard disc" question is basically that if I go away on a trip and leave the Infamous 2 disc in my PS3, I can then use my Vita (while away from home) to "wake" my PS3 and play Infamous 2 via remote play. If that's possible, then that's downright incredible. I was pretty blown away the first time I used my iPad to access my home  computer so this whole remote play is fresh and new to me.

I guess my biggest concern is what all games will be be compatible with this, which is what you touched on with my first question. Hopefully there's massive support for it and nearly every PS3 title is compatible (we know killzone 3 for sure). I fear it will be something only a few games support, but I'm holding out hope!

Message 6 of 16 (1,474 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 26, 2011

Anyone else have the feeling remote-play will be unplayable on an online part of a PS3 game due to lag? Single player would probably work on PS3 games.

Message 7 of 16 (1,474 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Sep 26, 2011

Regulus27 wrote:

Anyone else have the feeling remote-play will be unplayable on an online part of a PS3 game due to lag? Single player would probably work on PS3 games.

Yes it probably will be as you have the lag of normal play plus the encoding of the video and audio to the PSVita and placing it on the same internet connection and waiting for the response from the PSVita.

Message 8 of 16 (1,474 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
561 posts

Sep 26, 2011

After having played around with remote play of the PSP 1000-2000-3000 I can say that the lag issue is real and would make multiplayer realtime almost impossible so forget SOCOM, MAG, or any other high end shooter from the top. Real time strategy games also would be a problem along with MMO's.

The multiplayer games able to be remoted would be the turn based games. Board games and the like are the easiest example. I think we would need a huge jump in wireless speeds to pull this off for the real time games.

On the hand single player does not have the three hop problem (Vita to PS3 to Server and back). I have used the PSP 2000 to watch vids and listen to music from my PS3, so some games should be able to handle the back and forth of offline play.

I am seriously looking at this to replace my boys cell phone so I am more looking at the apps and functions for now. I have seen the games and the tech and am fine with that... though moving to Canada to avoid dealing with AT&T is looking better every day.

Alacrity

AlacrityFitz Trophy Card
Message 9 of 16 (1,474 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Sep 26, 2011

AlacrityFitz wrote:

After having played around with remote play of the PSP 1000-2000-3000 I can say that the lag issue is real and would make multiplayer realtime almost impossible so forget SOCOM, MAG, or any other high end shooter from the top. Real time strategy games also would be a problem along with MMO's.

Although we agree there will be lag, do not forget that the PSVita will have 802.11b/g/n connwectivity so it will not be restricted to the slow b speed of the PSP, if your lucky (depending on traffic routing) there will be less lag.

Message 10 of 16 (1,474 Views)
0 Likes