Jul 30 2011
By: krimzonxiii Lombax Warrior 167 posts

PS VITA Models...

7 replies 2115 views Edited Jul 30, 2011

first, let's exclude all items of clearly defined specs. that said, i pose a question of value.

As far as i have read or heard about, there is a wi-fi + 3g model (contracted with AT&T) and a wi-fi model. the specs have been listed and a starting price is given. i see it as the PSPgo as it was intended to be. regardless, the purposed $50 difference is just so that we can spend extra on a feature that costs even more money? is there really no additional hardware or upgraded specs to counter the cost?

Consider this. another company has an online connectivity feature that customers pay monthy for for a service level that requires continuous monitoring, maintainence, support as to provide a competitive connectivity market and community. PS returns with a "free to connect" feature for their system with a service level built off of ease of access, foundation of loyalty, and trust of continued service. why do i feel, if that is the case, copying the competition will not have the same effect folr the PS Vita? especially if the service is contracted to a company that PS have little to say in the quality of the network?

I'm a loyal PS customer since the original PSX was released and i got nothing against AT&T as a company, but if this turns out to be another PSPgo experiment that goes wrong then i would bet there be some seriously disappointed people.

Personally, I am very interested int the PS VIta; just don't let me down...

Thanks all for the comments and the critical feedback as a proud member of the PS community.

Message 1 of 8 (2,115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Re: PS VITA Models...

Jul 30, 2011

I completely agree with you on no extra fees or anything like that for the 3g. It seems a little to good to be true, but I bet there's some type of restriction like your only allowed x amount of videos on 3g. While wifi you can watch all you want. Concerns like this always make me wait a while before actually buying something pricey when it first comes out.  Have to read the reviews and see if there's an upgraded version that might be worth putting money towards too. We all know the many versions of the psp as well as the ps3 which are all great.

Message 2 of 8 (2,115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Jul 31, 2011

I guess we'll get a bit more information about this on Sept. 15th.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 3 of 8 (2,115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Aug 1, 2011

krimzonxiii wrote:

As far as i have read or heard about, there is a wi-fi + 3g model (contracted with AT&T) and a wi-fi model. the specs have been listed and a starting price is given. i see it as the PSPgo as it was intended to be. regardless, the purposed $50 difference is just so that we can spend extra on a feature that costs even more money? is there really no additional hardware or upgraded specs to counter the cost?

You are not paying $50 for a contract with AT&T, you are paying it for the extra hardware that is needed for the GSM antenna, sim card slot, and GPS unit. Also current thought is that you do not sign a contract with AT&T just pay monthly for your data, if you do not want to use it for that month do not pay for it.

Consider this. another company has an online connectivity feature that customers pay monthy for for a service level that requires continuous monitoring, maintainence, support as to provide a competitive connectivity market and community. PS returns with a "free to connect" feature for their system with a service level built off of ease of access, foundation of loyalty, and trust of continued service. why do i feel, if that is the case, copying the competition will not have the same effect folr the PS Vita? especially if the service is contracted to a company that PS have little to say in the quality of the network?

Sony is not copying the competition ase PSN is still free (except the + part and that is not just for PSV), You will be paying AT&T for the use of transferring data over their network just as someone might pay a cable company for the use of broadband at home. So you pay for your data transfer no matter where, at home over wifi, over 3G, or you may have to pay to use a wifi hotspot, but you may be lucky and use a free one at a coffee shop or something (but you pay for it by buying a coffee)

I'm a loyal PS customer since the original PSX was released and i got nothing against AT&T as a company, but if this turns out to be another PSPgo experiment that goes wrong then i would bet there be some seriously disappointed people.

I do not see the PSPgo comparison?

Personally, I am very interested int the PS VIta; just don't let me down...

Thanks all for the comments and the critical feedback as a proud member of the PS community.

Message 4 of 8 (2,115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 13, 2011

so whats your guess on the intenet pricing?

Message 5 of 8 (2,115 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Aug 14, 2011

hopefully ATT will give s something good and affordable, although they are not known for that, but who knows. It would help Sony and ATT if they did so

Message 6 of 8 (2,115 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Aug 14, 2011

Most likely the same as it is for any AT&T Data plan.

$15/mo for 200MB

$25/mo for 2GB

$10 for every extra 1GB.

Seeing as there's no unlimited data plan anymore.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 8 (2,115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

Aug 15, 2011

It will almost certainly be priced the same as tablet data plans. The prices glaciusx25 quoted above are close, but those are the smartphone plan prices. The difference is the smaller tablet plan is $14.99 for 250MB (instead of $15/200MB).

So, $14.99/month for 250MB of data. If you go over they will charge you an additional $14.99 for each 250MB.

Or, $25/month for 2GB of data. If you go over you will get billed for an additional $10/1GB. Which makes the $14.99 plan a rip off, since an additional 1GB would cost nearly $60. They are clearly trying to coerce people into the more expensive plan. I suspect, at least in the case of the Vita, they will actually coerce people away from 3G altogether.

The billing cycle is 30 days (not 29, not 31) and any unused data is lost at the end of the cycle (no roll-over).

Everyone thinks I'm psychotic (except my friends deep inside the earth).
Message 8 of 8 (2,115 Views)
0 Likes