Hey PlayStation Community!
The PS Vita's 1 year anniversary is here, and @HeyPlayStation will be hosting a contest throughout the weekend to celebrate it.
Would you like to win a PS Vita and a ton of games? Then check out the rules below and follow the @HeyPlayStation twitter feed all weekend long—they'll be giving them away to gamers who do the following:
HOW TO ENTER:
Retweet the announcement tweet from @HeyPlayStation and then answer the series of questions over the weekend. Each question correctly answered is an entry. So the more you answer, the more chances you have to win it all.
2 Grand Prize Winners
- PS Vita (Wi-Fi model) with 8GB Memory Card along with LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, Escape Plan, SoundShapes, and When Vikings Attack. 1 Month of PlayStation Plus is also included.
6 Runner Up Winners
- LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, Escape Plan, SoundShapes, and When Vikings Attack. 1 Month of PlayStation Plus is also included.
Now for the legalese...
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and is construed and evaluated according to California law. Do not enter this Promotion if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By participating in the PlayStation®Vita 1 Year Birthday Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”), each entrant (or his or her parent or legal guardian if the entrant is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (“Sponsor”), which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and selection entries and the Promotion’s overall administration. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: PlayStation®Vita 1 Year Birthday Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at 13 years of age or older. Entrants under the legal age of majority in their state of residence must have permission to enter the Promotion from their parent or guardian. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, and agencies and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law
- TIMING: Round one of the Promotion begins February 22, 2013 at 5:00pm PST and ends February 24, 2013 at 10:00PM PST. Round two of the Promotion begins March 1, 2013 at 5:00PM PST and ends March 3, 2013 10:00PM PST. (“Promotion Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must be 13 years of age or older, must have a valid Twitter account and must be following @HeyPlayStation on Twitter. During each round of the Promotion, questions or tasks will be sent via the @HeyPlayStation Twitter account. Entrants must respond to the question or task via Twitter. Responses must use the hashtag #VitaBday. Each correct answer or completed task will count as one (1) entry into the sweepstakes. All correct answers during each round will be combined – with a single random drawing conducted at the end of each round to select a single Grand Prize winner and three Runners Up for each round.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS: Entrants may enter as many times as they wish. The authorized account holder of the email address used to set up the Twitter account used to enter the Promotion is deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- PRIZE: Two (2) Grand Prize (One Grand Prize for each round of the Promotion) will consist of one (1) PlayStation®Vita Wifi system, one (1) 8GB memory card, one Sound Shapes Vita game, one Escape Plane Vita game, one LittleBigPlanet Vita game, and one (1) month PlayStation®Plus trial membership. (ARV: $355.00). Three (3) Runners Up Prize will consist of Sound Shapes Vita game, one Escape Plane Vita game, one LittleBigPlanet Vita game, and one (1) month PlayStation®Plus trial membership. (ARV: $75.97). Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Please allow 4-6 weeks for prize delivery from the time a winner provides delivery information to Sponsor. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will receive a Federal Tax Form 1099. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
- ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- WINNER SELECTION: Two (2) Grand Prize and Three (3) runners up winning entrants will be selected by random drawing at the close of each round of the Promotion on or about February 25, 2013 and March 4, 2013. Potential winning entrants will be contacted via Twitter direct message. If a potential winning entrant is determined by Sponsor to be unqualified to participate in this Promotion or does not respond to Sponsor’s correspondence within 24 hours, the potential winning entrant will be disqualified and a new potential winning entrant will be selected by random drawing.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: The potential winning entrant may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Any entrant who fails or refuses to sign and return the required documentation within the time period as specified by Sponsor will be disqualified. If a potential winning entrant is considered a minor in the legal jurisdiction in which the entrant resides, then that entrant’s parent or legal guardian may be required to execute and return the Affidavit. Non-compliance with these Official Rules or failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact an entrant (using the contact information provided in his or her registration) within a reasonable time period, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion may result in disqualification and the forfeiture of the prize.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and hometown and state and any other information submitted to Sponsor by entrant for promotional purposes, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, in any media, worldwide, without further payment or compensation.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to entrant’s contact information. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the submission of false entries, as determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is deemed detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant.
- RELEASE: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, entrants release the Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prizes or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Entities are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; lost, stolen, mutilated, mis-delivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete or untimely entries that may limit entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive entries or acts, as determined by Sponsor, render entrants ineligible and all associated entries will be void.
- GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with this Promotion are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Federal and State Courts in San Mateo, California for the purposes of any suit related to the Promotion and waive any claim that they are not subject personally to the jurisdiction of said courts or that any such suit or other proceeding is brought in an inconvenient forum or improper venue.
- WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to PlayStation®Vita 1 year Birthday Sweepstakes, Attn: SCEA Promotions, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by April 1. 2013.
- SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404.