Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/17/2010
Offline
5102 posts
 

Re: PS+ To Play Mutiplayer?

Nov 25, 2013
And over 10+ years of online Sony has yet to deliver a quality online experince. I've been very pataint with the issues so far because I understand they are still working out the bugs but I'm also hearing reports of people glitching on the new cod.

Now Sony requires everyone to enter a credit card number (luckly I had a canceled one that wasn't expired) to use ps+ when just a few years ago their network was shut down and credit card info was stolen from psn users by hackers. Did everyone forget about that?

I'm not paying $9.99 a month unless Sony is willing to fix it's problems and do a better job of protecting it's customers.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 21 of 212 (125 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/04/2013
Offline
847 posts
 

Re: AS+ To Play Mutiplayer?

Nov 25, 2013

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

 

 

Don't play the entitlement argument unless you want it thrown right back at you. Example: People already pay for the system, game, and Internet access. Those three things sound like they should be enough for people to enjoy online multiplayer. However, companies like Microsoft and Sony feel entitled to extra cash just because people are playing game on their console instead of getting it on a PC or something else. They already got paid for the system and games, that should be enough.


 

OK...

 

I already bought the car, already paid for the gas, and already paid for the ticket to get in the game. But they still have the nerve to charge me for beer. 

Message 22 of 212 (122 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/17/2010
Offline
5102 posts
 

Re: PS+ To Play Mutiplayer?

Nov 25, 2013
@ness and sonic

Free online gameplay and they ban hackers, sony could learn a lot from a company like that.

And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 23 of 212 (119 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/24/2000
Offline
3790 posts
 

Re: AS+ To Play Mutiplayer?

Nov 25, 2013

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

Matsudaira wrote:
That's not what he was saying. He was saying that CONSUMERS defend and march for Sony -- but when Sony requests that they give some money to help out with improving services to better the experience for the CONSUMER, the CONSUMER throws a hissy fit and gets all anti-corporate all of a sudden. It's that... entitlement disease we hear about so much these days.

Don't play the entitlement argument unless you want it thrown right back at you. Example: People already pay for the system, game, and Internet access. Those three things sound like they should be enough for people to enjoy online multiplayer. However, companies like Microsoft and Sony feel entitled to extra cash just because people are playing game on their console instead of getting it on a PC or something else. They already got paid for the system and games, that should be enough.

 


You pay for the system and the game - that's it. The Internet access you pay for is from an ISP, not Sony - so your logic on this completely fails.

 

Your logic fails again because you go on to say that "Microsoft and Sony feel entitled to extra cash" because people are playing games on THEIR networks.  So let me get this straight... you think that these networks are free for them to run and maintain - so people that want to access this EXTRA FEATURE, should not be required to pay for that access to help fund the maintenance and development of those networks? ENTITLEMENT.

Message 24 of 212 (118 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5477 posts
 

Re: AS+ To Play Mutiplayer?

Nov 25, 2013

BRB_Krew wrote:

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

 

 

Don't play the entitlement argument unless you want it thrown right back at you. Example: People already pay for the system, game, and Internet access. Those three things sound like they should be enough for people to enjoy online multiplayer. However, companies like Microsoft and Sony feel entitled to extra cash just because people are playing game on their console instead of getting it on a PC or something else. They already got paid for the system and games, that should be enough.


 

OK...

 

I already bought the car, already paid for the gas, and already paid for the ticket to get in the game. But they still have the nerve to charge me for beer. 


...which you would be happy to drink out of a shoe, as long as it's free.  No, sir, I would much rather have a clean, sturdy glass to drink out of, with occasional free refills.  Smiley Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 25 of 212 (116 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 10/08/2007
Online
6003 posts
 

Re: PS+ To Play Mutiplayer?

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
And over 10+ years of online Sony has yet to deliver a quality online experince. I've been very pataint with the issues so far because I understand they are still working out the bugs but I'm also hearing reports of people glitching on the new cod.

Now Sony requires everyone to enter a credit card number (luckly I had a canceled one that wasn't expired) to use ps+ when just a few years ago their network was shut down and credit card info was stolen from psn users by hackers. Did everyone forget about that?

I'm not paying $9.99 a month unless Sony is willing to fix it's problems and do a better job of protecting it's customers.

Where's this $9.99 a month thing coming from, unless you are going with the month to month plan which would not be wise? I pay $4.17 a month ($50 a year) until Dec 2015 (yep, paid off until then). This Friday I'll be paying $2.50 a month until 2019 (GameStop Black Friday Deal with four $30 yearly cards). All without a credit card, just PSN cards and subscription cards...

Message 26 of 212 (114 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/04/2013
Offline
847 posts
 

Re: PS+ To Play Mutiplayer?

Nov 25, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
@ness and sonic

Free online gameplay and they ban hackers, sony could learn a lot from a company like that.


Lol they don't ban hackers... they really don't... many hackers go unchecked.

Message 27 of 212 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: PS+ To Play Mutiplayer?

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
Free online gameplay was one of the great things about playstation. Now that they are charging a monthly fee they will be forced to do a better job of monitoring their game for hackers or sony will quickly lose any ground it's made on MS.

If Sony allows hackers and cheaters to run free on this network like they did on the ps2 network and do on the ps3 network, I will quickly sell my ps4 and become a xbox gamer.

When the network was free I was willing to put up with the issues, now that Sony choose to be gready, I will expect something in return for my $9.99 a month.

Just want to tell you. These hackers you speak are all over XBOX Live as well. and they never been a free services. Hackers will be everywhere. Go youtube COD hackers 90% of the videos are from Live vs PSN.

Message 28 of 212 (110 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/06/2013
Offline
112 posts
 

Re: PS+ To Play Mutiplayer?

Nov 25, 2013

Why are people getting so mad over a premium membership to play online?

 

You say you dont have the kind of money for a membership, but you have the funds for a PS4?

 

You're not making ANY seense. This console is perfect but you hate PlayStation for "making" us pay 2 play online. Nearly everything that involves games today has a premium membership to pay for.

 

Get over it and pay $4 a month for online gaming, discounts on games, free beta play and other PS+ exclusives.

Message 29 of 212 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/24/2000
Offline
3790 posts
 

Re: PS+ To Play Mutiplayer?

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
And over 10+ years of online Sony has yet to deliver a quality online experince. I've been very pataint with the issues so far because I understand they are still working out the bugs but I'm also hearing reports of people glitching on the new cod.

Now Sony requires everyone to enter a credit card number (luckly I had a canceled one that wasn't expired) to use ps+ when just a few years ago their network was shut down and credit card info was stolen from psn users by hackers. Did everyone forget about that?

I'm not paying $9.99 a month unless Sony is willing to fix it's problems and do a better job of protecting it's customers.

PSN is the same quality today as XBL. Sure, it was weak when it first came around -- but today it operates great. Do you know when these improvements starting surfacing? When PS+ came out. What a concept.

 

Glitching on COD (or BF4) has nothing to do with PSN. Sorry. Most games are hosted by the developers, not Sony.

 

Yup -- they require payment information to ensure you keep paying for the service. I know... a criminal demand from them. This uh... hacking thing. Not one ID has been reported (and verified) stolen. But hey -- if you are afraid of hackers, get a PSN card from Target.

 

It's about $4.11 a month, unless you hate saving money.

Message 30 of 212 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes