Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 14 2013
By: shuTumDown Fender Bender 4487 posts

PS Store is Silly Slow

10 replies 186 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

Now I have Had the Ps3 since day 1 and went through the web based store (I thought it was cool could listen to music while brosing).

Went throgh the app intergration I thought was the best it was fast and easy to navigate(I miss it ). And now we have this pretty store

that is absurdly laggy... hope the ps4 handles this store better than the 3 does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNIGrQ9-aXw

Message 1 of 11 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Re: PS Store is Silly Slow

Jan 14, 2013

I agree with you. The new store design is just awful all around. I don't have the best internet out there but the old store managed to be a smooth experience. Now it takes about 10-15 seconds for the PS Store to load up to the front page.

Message 2 of 11 (169 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4562 posts

Jan 14, 2013

The 360 store does look quite nice from that video, but the comparison isn't exactly fair.  It would be more interesting to see someone looking for the same content in both stores side by side; the PS store isn't even launched until over a minute into the video.  I'm sure the Xbox would still be faster based on this (I've never used its store myself).

Message 3 of 11 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

I'm pretty sure they updated the store last night and it'...

Jan 15, 2013

I'm pretty sure they updated the store last night and it's running flawless now. Everything loads almost instantly. The only issue left in relation to speed is the length of time it takes to boot up the store, which I can guarantee will be fixed before the end of next month.

Message 4 of 11 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4487 posts

Jan 15, 2013

The funny thing is I launched the ps3 store first if you notice. I wish they would have just left the store alone till the ps4 came out. More power better experiance . The other store I showed is built into the firmware so it will be a faster xp all the way around

Message 5 of 11 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 15, 2013

If you haven't taken the time to notice all of the changes that came in 2012 I don't know what to tell you. The stores performance will improve as last nights update has already proven to you, you can't argue the noticeable difference.

2012 Changes & Additions

Worldwide Playstation Vita Release

Playstation 3 Slim Redesign

Playstation Store Redesign

Playstation Store Web Version

Playstation Plus IGC 12 PS3 Games > 6 PS Vita Games > 1 FREE Game a Week

Playstation Plus on Vita

Playstation Plus Online Storage Boosted to 1GB

Playstation Web Portal Redesign

We should've just forgotten about all those changes and additions until the PS4, right? Instead of complaining why not support Sony and know that they're working on making the Playstation brand better. We're just adding to the same old boring subjects that have been discussed for months now. Give it time or have fun with your Xbox in the meantime, it's simple.

Message 6 of 11 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4487 posts

Jan 15, 2013

FidelityNy wrote:

If you haven't taken the time to notice all of the changes that came in 2012 I don't know what to tell you. The stores performance will improve as last nights update has already proven to you, you can't argue the noticeable difference.

2012 Changes & Additions

Worldwide Playstation Vita Release

Playstation 3 Slim Redesign

Playstation Store Redesign

Playstation Store Web Version

Playstation Plus IGC 12 PS3 Games > 6 PS Vita Games > 1 FREE Game a Week

Playstation Plus on Vita

Playstation Plus Online Storage Boosted to 1GB

Playstation Web Portal Redesign

We should've just forgotten about all those changes and additions until the PS4, right? Instead of complaining why not support Sony and know that they're working on making the Playstation brand better. We're just adding to the same old boring subjects that have been discussed for months now. Give it time or have fun with your Xbox in the meantime, it's simple.

Wow I have the vita no games worth playing after I beat uncharted the only game I care for on vita now is madden 13.

The store redesign is bad and slow

I buy games when they release so IGC is useless to me

plus is ok I renewed just to support Sony

could care less for portal design

I want a smooth allaround gaming xp and Sony is just getting slower as years go on they need to pick it up next gen

I have had ps3 since it first came out  and it just never met my expectations  as the ps1 and ps2 did 

Message 7 of 11 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 15, 2013

What were your expectations for the PS3 when it came out all those years ago? Before the PS3 nothing could match what it had to offer, the XMB was THE best UI concieved at the time, your PS2 and PSone games worked on it, you had first dibs on something people wished to have at the time A BLU RAY PLAYER, you had free online gaming, just please tell me your expectations. I wanna know what you're expecting out of PS4 if everything the PS3 had wasn't BIG enough to meet your expectations.

Message 8 of 11 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4487 posts

Jan 15, 2013

FidelityNy wrote:

What were your expectations for the PS3 when it came out all those years ago? Before the PS3 nothing could match what it had to offer, the XMB was THE best UI concieved at the time, your PS2 and PSone games worked on it, you had first dibs on something people wished to have at the time A BLU RAY PLAYER, you had free online gaming, just please tell me your expectations. I wanna know what you're expecting out of PS4 if everything the PS3 had wasn't BIG enough to meet your expectations.

well when I first got it there was not games blu rays were expensive the system was expensive.  Right when I hooked it up after I took it out of the box I had to do a firmware update (wii u had the same at launch) I did not even play my ps3 for maybe 5 or 6 months after I got it my other system was just better in everyway. my expectation was ps3 would surpass my current system I was playing.. 

i want ps4 to be better than 360 thats what im looking for I will buy the next box and ps4 and see what happens I loveall gaming systems just do not like feature takin away I still miss linux on my ps3

Message 9 of 11 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Thank the 'Ridge Racer, riiidge racer!' guy for this 'improvement'

Message 10 of 11 (103 Views)
0 Likes