Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
6 posts

Re: PS-Pros.com

Mar 18, 2010

My PS3 had the flashing red light of death issue also, which is supposed to have something to do with the thermal paste on the processor I got my 60GB PS3 back from Ps-Pros. Upon receiving it everything appeared to be working fine. It booted and played except the fan was always on high sounding, after about 20-30 seconds.  If I opened my window the room temperature would be around 65 the fan would semi-settle down to alit quitter nowhere near how it used to sound. Today (20 days later) I just sent it back because the system red blinked on me and shutdown, I had my window and door open at the time and room temp was about 62. Im very pissed that this happened and just now finding about the problems people are having with there systems.

The main reason for choosing them is that you get your original system back with your hard drive unformatted, and i figured I would be supporting a local business, Ill be waiting to see what they say about my system now, already sent it in to have them look at it again.  I'm not sure if they added any modifications to my system, it was supposed to be a simple cpu paste job, which vie done on computers for years. Now I don't want to void there warranty to check to see what they have done.

shipping the first time was $15.52  (estimate)
 repair and return shipping $138.22 

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 70 (174 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1363 posts

Mar 18, 2010

wELL iLL MAKE SURE NOT TO USE THIS.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 70 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Mar 18, 2010

Here's a link to their profile on the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/video-games-service-and-repair/360-pros-in-farming...

As you can see, they have an F rating.

If anyone's interested in having the link to the CEO's Facebook profile, PM me.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 70 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Mar 18, 2010

Sorry, but that's hysterical.  I don't care what business we're talking about -- if you hand over money for a service, and they hand you garbage back -- well, I guess in your world you condone con artists.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 70 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2075 posts

Mar 19, 2010

Man, this is why I don't trust third-party to fix my PS3...and Sony DOES have a policy that if you modified any part of your console, they won't take the console.

Btw, you should'va sended it to Sony. sure, it cost $150 that include shipping, but it also include tracking number as well as security that Sony use. AND, Sony give you a 90 day warrenty. Basically, THIS is a better deal than nothing.

And the reason why they wipe the HDD is to protect your privacy. Would you want one of the Sony employee to abuse your PSN account by buying a lot of games and charging it to your card? Not me.

also, Sony have implemented a way for you to back up your games. do what most people do, back up daily or weekly. Don't trust Third-party unless Sony give their approval, cuz Sony has the blueprint to the ps3 and i highly doubt that Sony would give that to any third-party company.

matttardo wrote:

You have aroused the wrath of the Spirit of Sony Fanboy. Your arrogance and blasphemy have doomed us all to endless apologetic for Sony's lack of vision - delivered by Sony's elite priesthood of Yes-Men.

We are doomed.

But no, I don't think Sony engineers ever graduated, let alone even own a PS3.
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 70 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: AS-Pros.com

Mar 19, 2010

That's like saying if you own a ford always take it to the ford garage to have it repaired. And most of those garages don't really warranty there work if they try to fix the problem and can't your still SOL and still have to pay or the service. Id like to keep the original system I have. I read there agreement if you send it in your more than likely to just get a referb unit, who knows if you'll get your custom hard drive back. And they don't deactivate it for you, I have over 300 gigs of content on my drive. anyway NYC is like 3 hrs from here if i have to drive down there then so be it.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 70 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

Mar 19, 2010

I've had 4 ps3's fail on me, and it's all your fault for not using Sony.  You ended up paying more than $150, didn't get a 90 day warranty, and your system still doesn't work!

Once again, it is your own fault for using a 3rd party company.  It's made by Sony, so if it breaks, have Sony fix it.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 70 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 25, 2010
This is a new email they sent me regarding there warranty repair. Dear Valued Customer: With the repair services we perform, we have historically been able to fix over 95% of the systems we receive. Unfortunately, we were not able to achieve success with your system. We apologize, and completely understand that you may be frustrated. However, we can offer you three options at this point: 1. We can ship back your system and refund the repair charge you paid, less the return shipping costs. 2. We can offer you a trade-in for a working system for a heavily discounted price, less what you already paid for the repair. 3. If you have no need for a broken system, we can dispose of the item for you to save you the return shipping costs. Please let us know how you would like to proceed, and once again we do apologize for any inconvenience. If you do not hear back from us within 48 business hours, please call our offices at the number listed below, as your e-mail may have been accidentally blocked by our spam filters. Thank you for your understanding. Sincerely, PS Pros Repair Team Phone: 1-631-756-3292 E-mail: info@ps-pros.com
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 70 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 1, 2010

I sent it back to them and they told me that they can't fix it. I received my ps3 back and decided to take a swing at disassembling the system gilksy1 videos are great.  The   company forgot a mess of screws, *sigh*. anyway i got to the heat-sink / thermal paste they put so much on there it was dripping down the sides and all over the fan assembly and parts of the motherboard. The main problem I see is that the one silver plate heat sink came off of the chips/ looks like the graphics chip, it looks like its supposed to be glued with some-kinda of epoxy, but not sure, any advice, they originally used hot-glue to hold the plate on, i used my nail and peeled off the hot glue since its worthless on there and not correct. They may have added somekind of modification to the fan system as well. I have pictures of there sloppy work.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 70 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 2, 2010

Before I say what I'm going to say, please keep in mind that Sony kills backwards compatability (PS2 games) when anyone uses them for repairs. Has anyone found any options for repair outside of PS-pros?  

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 70 (154 Views)
0 Likes