Highlighted
Jun 15 2012
By: LV4RedMage First Son 2 posts

PS Plus "Downloaded vs Purchased" Question

9 replies 2092 views Edited Jun 15, 2012

I just signed up for PS+, and I am currently downloading Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One and Sideways: New York.

Also, I have "purchased" (but not downloaded) Space Marine 40K, Just Cause 2, and a couple of other games because downloads take so long.

At the end of this month, do I only keep Ratchet and Clank: All 4 one and Sideways New York?

Or can I next month (or when ever I get the time) download the other games that have been marked as purchased, but not downloaded?

Message 1 of 10 (2,092 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
576 posts

Re: PS Plus "Downloaded vs Purchased" Question

Jun 15, 2012

You aren't limited to a certain amount of free games, you can download them at your leisure. as long as you have started them before they remove the free download option. If you're tight for space and remove a game you downloaded once, you can re-download it if you like.

Message 2 of 10 (2,092 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Thanks, so I need to download Just Casue 2 (and the others) before the option is gone. I can delete them (and then redownload whenever), but I need to download them before the month is up.

Message 3 of 10 (2,092 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 15, 2012

It doesnt matter how many games you download during the time period you have playstation plus. ***BUT*** be warned!! After the your playstation plus expires, you can no longer have the games, and they will not be playable. When you click the game to play it, a message will pop-up saying that you must purchase the game to play it. This happened to me, and I was very upset :/ So the best thing to do is to keep purchasing playstation plus, so that you will never lose your free games! ^_^

Message 4 of 10 (2,092 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39980 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

LV4RedMage wrote:

Thanks, so I need to download Just Casue 2 (and the others) before the option is gone. I can delete them (and then redownload whenever), but I need to download them before the month is up.

You do NOT need to actually download the games, just ad them to your cart or start then cancel the download, so long as you have an active PS Plus subscription they will ALWAYS be available to you to download/re-download & play at any time.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 5 of 10 (2,092 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9978 posts

Jun 16, 2012

You made a small error in your post, where you said you just need to add them to your cart, just wanted to clarify, that you do have to go through the purchase step, so that the item is marked as purchase. Like  you said they don`t need to be downloaded, but you still have to confirm purchase on them in order for them to be added to your download list.

Message 6 of 10 (2,092 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39980 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Sorry & yes thanks for that chaos.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 7 of 10 (2,092 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Just had an epiphany ...

Life in PS+ land would be so much nicer if Sony "pushed" all content.  I know there are issues with HDD space, some people not wanting "junked" push via auto updates and the like, but it would solve this problem.  Or just somehow auto "purchase" and send you a notification that these games are available for download as long as your subscription to PS+ is active.  Or Sony could remove the "purchase" requirement, and make a section (by month) of PS+ content that is available to you during your PS+ subscription.

I bet there are going to be plenty of upset gamers come July 3 when 2-4 games roll out (just a guess at the number).

Message 8 of 10 (2,092 Views)
MVP Support
9978 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Auto purchasing could make things easier, that way you don't miss out on anything if you forget to "purchase" the free content, and it will be available to you at any time as long as you are in a subscription. However there is still a problem with this, if you want to download them, you have to do it individually since you can only select all for download if you add them to the cart, but that option is not available if they are already marked as purchase. unless they add it in as a feature for though with little HDD space left.

Message 9 of 10 (2,092 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 5, 2012

What do you mean the "free offer" expires? It goes away soon?

Hmm.... LBP2, Modnation Racers, Uncharted 3, All 4 One.....
Message 10 of 10 (2,048 Views)
0 Likes