Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 02 2013
By: Ayle87 First Son 5 posts

PS Plus not updating in Vita

9 replies 238 views Edited Jan 2, 2013

My PS Store is failing to update the games and discounts, for example not showing chronovolts, though if I manually search for it I can download it for free, and it's not showing the holiday essentials sale (It shows Rayman, Escape Planet and LBP, though they are not on sale anymore)

Can anyone help me? I updated the firmware, signed out and back in, restarted it, but to no avail.

PS Can anyone tell me what I SHOULD be seeing? To make sure I don't miss out on anything? Thanks!

Message 1 of 10 (238 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: PS Plus not updating in Vita

Jan 2, 2013
You should see an icon for the Instant Game Collection that should show you all the games you can download for free as well as the discounted items. The PS Store is presented differently on the Vita, so it can a little disorienting using both systems to navigate the store...
Message 2 of 10 (228 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

Yup, I can go into the IGC, but it's not correct, Chronovolts is missing, and the essentials haven't  updated, so I waas wondering what am I missing. 

Message 3 of 10 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7184 posts

Jan 2, 2013

I have the same problem. I go to the holiday games sale and it still shows LBP, Rayman, and Escape Plan (all at original price, of course).

Message 4 of 10 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Can anyone post what are they seeing when they open holiday essentials? 

I see the update lists but its kinda hard to know wich ones are still on and are VITA compatible....

Message 5 of 10 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Pretty Please? :catvery-happy:

Message 6 of 10 (162 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1482 posts

Playstation Staff
Jan 4, 2013

Ayle87 wrote:

My PS Store is failing to update the games and discounts, for example not showing chronovolts, though if I manually search for it I can download it for free, and it's not showing the holiday essentials sale (It shows Rayman, Escape Planet and LBP, though they are not on sale anymore)

Can anyone help me? I updated the firmware, signed out and back in, restarted it, but to no avail.

PS Can anyone tell me what I SHOULD be seeing? To make sure I don't miss out on anything? Thanks!

I'm seeing it on my end too. Apologies for that confusion there; not the ideal scenario. Looks like that Holiday Essentials banner is not housing the current sales. So the best bet is to check out the PS Blog Store Update to find out what is currently on sale as this promotion's content changes weekly (this week is the last week of course) 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/31/playstation-store-update-272/

From there, just search for the game you'd like to purchase on sale, and it will show up with the discount (Sound Shapes or Touch My Katamari, for example) 

Also seeing that Chronovolt is not correctly housed under the banners for Plus. Same solution as the above; do a search for it, and it will come up free. Or click the banner to find it. 

Thanks, I've passed this along to the Store team as well. 

- morgan haro, SCEA Sr. Project Manager - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 7 of 10 (156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I'm glad it's not on my end, then :smileyhappy:

are only those 2 on sale for vita? That has been my main concern, so as to not lose the opportunity

I can see the discounts, they are $7.34 and $12.24 respectively

Thanks!

Message 8 of 10 (149 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1482 posts

Playstation Staff
Jan 4, 2013

Ayle87 wrote:

I'm glad it's not on my end, then :smileyhappy:

are only those 2 on sale for vita? That has been my main concern, so as to not lose the opportunity

I can see the discounts, they are $7.34 and $12.24 respectively

Thanks!

Yeah I beleive those are the only two on sale this week for PS Vita. Sale ends when the Store updates next Tuesday anytome betwen 11a - 5p pst

- morgan haro, SCEA Sr. Project Manager - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 9 of 10 (141 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Jan 5, 2013

mochuuu - Fair play.  I complain about mods not positing enough, so thanks for jumping in on this thread.  I had the same issue, but knew enough about the store to search for anything I wanted (sales or games) to get anything that was free or something that was discounted.

Obviously not everyone does ... I wonder how many PS+ Vita owners Sony failed to reach because of this issue?  Honestly, it is not the first time that PS+ Vita content hasn't shown up correctly ....  

Message 10 of 10 (128 Views)
0 Likes