First Son
13 posts

Re: PS Plus is a failure on PS4!

Feb 8, 2014
I don't mind paying for online as long as it's a good service. Haven't had any problems so far...
Message 81 of 154 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 8, 2014

cross12095 wrote:

So apparently almost 50% of all PS4's sold have no PS Plus subscription, ppl are voting with their wallets and saying no to PS Plus. We should all do the same and let our current PS Plus subscriptions expire and not renew them until online play is free on PS4.

Sources:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/02/06/kaz-over-50-of-the-4-2-million-ps4-owners-have-a-play...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/448750/sony-half-of-ps4-owners-subscribe-to-ps-plus/

http://www.geek.com/games/sony-says-only-half-of-all-ps4-users-subscribe-to-ps-plus-1584395/

Hahahahahahahaha....NO!

PS+ is awesome. Not my fault if most people are complete morons.

Message 82 of 154 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 8, 2014

PS+ is actually worth the price unlike Live. I have had it since the PS3 and use it for all 3 consoles.

Message 83 of 154 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Feb 8, 2014

cross12095 wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

cross12095 wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

I think I'll keep mine also, I like the fact I get games each month, to me it pays for itself.

I looked on steam for game prices.

Outlast - 20.00

Don't Starve - 15.00

Contrast - 15.00

Resogun - 15.00 (PS store price)

Total - 65.00

So you can basically say if you are one of the ones who downloaded and played all those games they gave us, your PS+ membership is already paid off in a matter of 2-3 months, and we still have 9-10 months to go for more games.

Even if you can't play them anymore if you don't renew your membership, if most people think its a good value then those people will still be able to play, I know I'll renew mine and will be able to still play. Plus, unless you have a backlog of games, I can't see how anyone won't beat these games in a years time.

Plus I am used to paying for Xbox Live, so it doesn't bother me to pay for online, which to me is worth it more than Xbox Live.

To those saying that Sony is only keeping up servers on their own games, ok then, how is that different than Live? I would assume its the same situation over there also (unless EA is using microsoft servers which in that case disregard that comment). So what are you paying 60.00 for then? To use Netflix and all those other apps that are free to use without a paywall on other devices? Gee, that sure seems like a good value to me *rolls eyes*. Oh, and don't forget those free games that are a couple years old like Halo 3 and such. I don't see any difference in online quality on PSN compared to Live either, both are just about equal, so to me, the fact that PS+ actually gives you more current games over Live's games that have been out for awhile, seems more worth it to me.

Again this thread is not about the value that PS Plus provide but rather about it's current subscription rate on the PS4 and it's suppossed added benefits. Also to your question, yes Microsoft is providing the servers for all games on Xbox One 1st and 3rd party. EA, Activison, Ubisoft, you name it are all using Microsoft's servers for their games.

And don't value and benefits go hand in hand? If PS+ has the benefits of getting "free" games, then doesn't that hold value? To me it does. I like the benefits of PS+, the games, the fact that they don't include netflix and other apps that microsoft does in PS+ is nice too.

What I meant to say was that no one is arguing about the fact that PS Plus is a great value, if you read my first post you see that the thread was not about whether PS Plus is worth it or not. The post is about the current PS Plus subscription rate on PS4 and it "supposed" added benefits on PS4 like party chat, live streaming, video uploading,etc. Besides all those free games you like to talk about so much are not free, the are just glorified rentals that are marketed as free.

For some of the above You need servers to move and store data suc as video and pictures. This is part of what Plus is paying for. Also Sony exclusives have there own servers nw. A secon item Plus is paying for where it use to be peer to peer. Sit back think about how data moves and hardware needed to move it. This is what Plus is buying. You cant do this through tin cans and ropes.

Message 84 of 154 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Feb 8, 2014

cross12095 wrote:

EV_KGBassasin wrote:

I love my PS+ and will always have it.

You may love it, but that doesn't make it right to put online play behind a paywall.

It is what it is theres a saying man. Crap or get off the pot. Either pay for it or dont its your choice and no one is forcing you. Pushing your opinions on others here is not a solution and only drags this topic longer than it needs to be. you dont like it fin you opinion. Others do there opinion now move alone and stop forcing your opinion on others.

Message 85 of 154 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2014

cross12095 wrote:

Pinktoe_ wrote:
Looooool no!!

It's a good thing that sony charges us now because they can make the online servers better instead of not having the funds to do so

Here's a fun fact, Sony does not provide the servers for your online games unless it's first party.

Call of Duty - Activision, not Sony

Battlefield - EA, not Sony

Killzone - Sony, First Party game

Need for Speed - EA, not Sony

You get what I'm saying.

He's not talking about game servers. He means PSN in general, not getting signed out randomly, etc.

Call me Mr. FREDDIEkillz
Message 86 of 154 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4080 posts

Feb 8, 2014
My number one issue with PS+ is that Sony's trying to shove it in PS4 owners' faces by requiring it for online multiplayer (on retail games). I don't care about the random promos or anything like that. They're good for the people for the people who like them, but requiring PS+ for online multiplayer is where Sony's getting pushy.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 87 of 154 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Feb 8, 2014

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:
My number one issue with PS+ is that Sony's trying to shove it in PS4 owners' faces by requiring it for online multiplayer (on retail games). I don't care about the random promos or anything like that. They're good for the people for the people who like them, but requiring PS+ for online multiplayer is where Sony's getting pushy.

Or we can do your option stay free and have the PSN fall apart as they get new users and no money to expand. Real good idea.

Message 88 of 154 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4080 posts

Feb 8, 2014
Giving them a free trial that doesn't require a credit card to redeem should be enough to increase the number of subscribers. Sony can offer a trial, but they shouldn't get pushy about it. Besides, doesn't Steam have more users than PSN?
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 89 of 154 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Feb 8, 2014

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:
Giving them a free trial that doesn't require a credit card to redeem should be enough to increase the number of subscribers. Sony can offer a trial, but they shouldn't get pushy about it. Besides, doesn't Steam have more users than PSN?

Why offer atrial when its going to be fre cause no one will pay if they dont have to. common sence there.  They have more users but dont run thr servers. Most of there online is peer to peer other than there Valve games. 

Message 90 of 154 (140 Views)
0 Likes