Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Re: PS Plus is a failure on PS4!

Feb 7, 2014

Needs to be an IQ test before signing up.

Message 41 of 154 (198 Views)
Survivor
2641 posts

Feb 7, 2014
I know it sucks to some that you need Plus to play online on PS4 but I've had Plus long before the PS4 even existed and still continue on subscribing whether or not it's needed for online play on PS4 so it doesn't change anything for me. I've been subscribed ever since it started and mostly for the offerings and games. Like you said, don't agree with it? Just don't buy.
Message 42 of 154 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1654 posts

Feb 7, 2014

cross12095 wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

I think I'll keep mine also, I like the fact I get games each month, to me it pays for itself.

I looked on steam for game prices.

Outlast - 20.00

Don't Starve - 15.00

Contrast - 15.00

Resogun - 15.00 (PS store price)

Total - 65.00

So you can basically say if you are one of the ones who downloaded and played all those games they gave us, your PS+ membership is already paid off in a matter of 2-3 months, and we still have 9-10 months to go for more games.

Even if you can't play them anymore if you don't renew your membership, if most people think its a good value then those people will still be able to play, I know I'll renew mine and will be able to still play. Plus, unless you have a backlog of games, I can't see how anyone won't beat these games in a years time.

Plus I am used to paying for Xbox Live, so it doesn't bother me to pay for online, which to me is worth it more than Xbox Live.

To those saying that Sony is only keeping up servers on their own games, ok then, how is that different than Live? I would assume its the same situation over there also (unless EA is using microsoft servers which in that case disregard that comment). So what are you paying 60.00 for then? To use Netflix and all those other apps that are free to use without a paywall on other devices? Gee, that sure seems like a good value to me *rolls eyes*. Oh, and don't forget those free games that are a couple years old like Halo 3 and such. I don't see any difference in online quality on PSN compared to Live either, both are just about equal, so to me, the fact that PS+ actually gives you more current games over Live's games that have been out for awhile, seems more worth it to me.

Again this thread is not about the value that PS Plus provide but rather about it's current subscription rate on the PS4 and it's suppossed added benefits. Also to your question, yes Microsoft is providing the servers for all games on Xbox One 1st and 3rd party. EA, Activison, Ubisoft, you name it are all using Microsoft's servers for their games.

And don't value and benefits go hand in hand? If PS+ has the benefits of getting "free" games, then doesn't that hold value? To me it does. I like the benefits of PS+, the games, the fact that they don't include netflix and other apps that microsoft does in PS+ is nice too.

Message 43 of 154 (187 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11005 posts

Feb 7, 2014

As for me, my PS+ subscription, which I have had since June 2010, expires in February 2015.  

In June 2010, I paid $49.99 for the first 15 months (on a buy a year get 3 months deal).  Would have expired in October 2011.  Hacker shut down PSN for a couple of months in 2011, with the 'Welcome Back' package, PS+ was extended to December 2011.

In December 2011, I bought a PS+ subscription card for $30, which extended my PS+ to December 2012.

In December 2012, I bought a PS+ subscription card for $30, which extended my PS+ to December 2013.

In November 2013, I bought a PS+ subscription card for $30, which extended my PS+ to December 2014.

I have since redeemed a couple of 30-day trials to extend my subscription to February 2015.

Basically, for a mere $140, by the time next February rolls around, I will have enjoyed 54 months of Playstation Plus.  That averages out to $2.59 per month.  Not really a bad value.

Message 44 of 154 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Feb 7, 2014

cross12095 wrote:

Letherface wrote:

cross12095 wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

LOL. Click-baiting title much?

I like how you took an article that is talking about how it's considered a GOOD thing that over 50% of the 4.2 million PS4 owners have a PS+ subscription and interpreted that as a sign of doom. Glass half empty much?

Actual quote from article:

Kaz: I’m going to just add a little more color by saying that [of] all the4.2 million PS4s that have already moved into the hands of consumers, more than half of the people that have now gotten their hands with the PS4 have actually signed up for [the] PS Plus service, which bodes very well for us as well.

No not all, the article does state that more than 50% of PS4 owners are subscribers but not exactly how much. What I said does stand since I said that almost 50% of PS4 owners are not subscribers. If PS Plus was a success then the subscription numbers would be way higher like around 80-90% not around 50%. The only reason it's even at 50% is because it's required for online play on PS4.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/xbox-statistics/

Research date 6.19.2013

31 Million Xbox Live Subscribers. That's not even 50% of the ~78million 360 sold on the market at that time.

50% attach rate should have Sony excited. That's about $8 million in the bank each month.

I've never heard of that site before but according to Xbox's website there are 48+ million Xbox Live accounts active (Gold/Silver Total). I don't believe Microsoft has ever released how many of those 48 million are XBL Gold subscribers but I assume the majority of them are because ppl who purchased Xbox 360 knew about XBL Gold beforhand. Also let's not forget the 360 had an extremely high failure rate during it's early years so it not fair to make a XBL Gold to consoles sold ratio. 

Well if Microsoft says 48 total, StaticsBrain says 31 Gold that means roughly 17 Silver. I'd say 31 out of 48 is the majority.

And Microsoft extended their warranty on the 360 so many of those were replaces which doesn't mean an extra sale.

Message 45 of 154 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Feb 7, 2014

cross12095 wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

I think I'll keep mine also, I like the fact I get games each month, to me it pays for itself.

Outlast - 20.00

Don't Starve - 15.00

Contrast - 15.00

Total - 65.00

So you can basically say if you are one of the ones who downloaded and played all those games they gave us, your PS+ membership is already paid off in a matter of 2-3 months, and we still have 9-10 months to go for more games.

Even if you can't play them anymore if you don't renew your membership, if most people think its a good value then those people will still be able to play, I know I'll renew mine and will be able to still play. Plus, unless you have a backlog of games, I can't see how anyone won't beat these games in a years time.

Plus I am used to paying for Xbox Live, so it doesn't bother me to pay for online, which to me is worth it more than Xbox Live.

To those saying that Sony is only keeping up servers on their own games, ok then, how is that different than Live? I would assume its the same situation over there also (unless EA is using microsoft servers which in that case disregard that comment). So what are you paying 60.00 for then? To use Netflix and all those other apps that are free to use without a paywall on other devices? Gee, that sure seems like a good value to me *rolls eyes*. Oh, and don't forget those free games that are a couple years old like Halo 3 and such. I don't see any difference in online quality on PSN compared to Live either, both are just about equal, so to me, the fact that PS+ actually gives you more current games over Live's games that have been out for awhile, seems more worth it to me.

Again this thread is not about the value that PS Plus provide but rather about it's current subscription rate on the PS4 and it's suppossed added benefits. Also to your question, yes Microsoft is providing the servers for all games on Xbox One 1st and 3rd party. EA, Activison, Ubisoft, you name it are all using Microsoft's servers for their games.

The thread title says "PS Plus is a Failure on PS4". Thread title suggests nothing of the sort in terms of rates. Get off your head trip. 

Message 46 of 154 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Feb 7, 2014

cross12095 wrote:

Letherface wrote:

In March I will of had PS+ for one year. In that time frame I have downloaded:

Mega Man 9 & 10 bundle

Little Big Planet Karting

Uncharted 3

Sleeping Dogs

Battlefield 3

ICO

Shadow of the Collosses

Kingdoms of Amular

Resogun

Contrast

Don't Starve

Outlast

Xcon

Bioshock Infininate

Worms (Vita)

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Sonic Racing

Soul Sacrifice (Plus 8 DLC)

Grand Theft Auto Liberty Stories

And probably a bunch more PSN games that I don't remember, I'd say I've gotten my monies worth.

Hey Einstein!, we are not talking about whether PS Plus is a good value or not we are talking about the current PS Plus subscription rates.

I had already answered your question and I was posting in response to someone else stating what they got. It's a public message board so I can talk about what I want.

50% of 4.2million is excellent. You thinking that anything below 90% is just freaking stupid.

Message 47 of 154 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Feb 7, 2014

How is it a failure?  Psn plus memberships went up 100% since the release of the ps4.   Whats $50 a year?  really, your complaining about $50 a year!   

I am new to psn,   been on xbox live for 7 years , although I have a ps3, I never used it much.   I got the ps4, joined psn plus and am very satisfied with it.  

Message 48 of 154 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Feb 7, 2014

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

cross12095 wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Outlast - 20.00

Don't Starve - 15.00

Contrast - 15.00

Total - 65.00

And don't value and benefits go hand in hand? If PS+ has the benefits of getting "free" games, then doesn't that hold value? To me it does. I like the benefits of PS+, the games, the fact that they don't include netflix and other apps that microsoft does in PS+ is nice too.

What I meant to say was that no one is arguing about the fact that PS Plus is a great value, if you read my first post you see that the thread was not about whether PS Plus is worth it or not. The post is about the current PS Plus subscription rate on PS4 and it "supposed" added benefits on PS4 like party chat, live streaming, video uploading,etc. Besides all those free games you like to talk about so much are not free, the are just glorified rentals that are marketed as free.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 49 of 154 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2014

cross12095 wrote:

So apparently almost 50% of all PS4's sold have no PS Plus subscription, ppl are voting with their wallets and saying no to PS Plus. We should all do the same and let our current PS Plus subscriptions expire and not renew them until online play is free on PS4.

Sources:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/02/06/kaz-over-50-of-the-4-2-million-ps4-owners-have-a-play...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/448750/sony-half-of-ps4-owners-subscribe-to-ps-plus/

http://www.geek.com/games/sony-says-only-half-of-all-ps4-users-subscribe-to-ps-plus-1584395/

No thank you. I'll renew mine when it ends. Worth every cent.

"ppl are voting with their wallets and saying no to PS Plus"

Where did you get this from? In this article: http://www.geek.com/games/sony-says-only-half-of-all-ps4-users-subscribe-to-ps-plus-1584395/ it says that "compared to the PS3 the number of people using PS Plus has increased threefold".

Whatever though. Done with this thread. This has been discussed to death alrready. Good day.

Message 50 of 154 (159 Views)
0 Likes