Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

Re: PS Plus is a failure on PS4!

Feb 7, 2014

Emerald_Swords wrote:
Nah, I think I'll keep my membership going. I'm quite happy with all the games I've gotten. Well worth the price.

Agreed this guy knows what hes talking about, My PS+ subscription has more than enough paid for its way!

Message 11 of 154 (338 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Feb 7, 2014

cross12095 wrote:

Pinktoe_ wrote:
Looooool no!!

It's a good thing that sony charges us now because they can make the online servers better instead of not having the funds to do so

Here's a fun fact, Sony does not provide the servers for your online games unless it's first party.

Call of Duty - Activision, not Sony

Battlefield - EA, not Sony

Killzone - Sony, First Party game

Need for Speed - EA, not Sony

You get what I'm saying.

As per the guy posting beneath you, no they dont get it.

I would understand if they improved the network first, charging more makes sense.

But to charge first and the non-verbal and assumed promise that one day things will get better as long as we pay enough is gamer logic at its worst.

I think just the idea they are paying makes them feel like its a better experience, much like those who used to try and justify live.

If your not lagging in game, what is paying improving?

People act like not paying means playing online will result in you getting dissconected or lagging, its not true on PS3.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 12 of 154 (335 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Feb 7, 2014
Wow. Such insolence. Pay to play online was a smart choice on Sony's part. They need that money to give us better servers. Your all saying, "This isn't next gen blah blah whine whine". They cant give you next gen without money. I want the best online experience so I will continue my subscription until PlayStation falls.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 13 of 154 (335 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

Feb 7, 2014

ck2875 wrote:

LOL. Click-baiting title much?

I like how you took an article that is talking about how it's considered a GOOD thing that over 50% of the 4.2 million PS4 owners have a PS+ subscription and interpreted that as a sign of doom. Glass half empty much?

Actual quote from article:

Kaz: I’m going to just add a little more color by saying that [of] all the4.2 million PS4s that have already moved into the hands of consumers, more than half of the people that have now gotten their hands with the PS4 have actually signed up for [the] PS Plus service, which bodes very well for us as well.

No not all, the article does state that more than 50% of PS4 owners are subscribers but not exactly how much. What I said does stand since I said that almost 50% of PS4 owners are not subscribers. If PS Plus was a success then the subscription numbers would be way higher like around 80-90% not around 50%. The only reason it's even at 50% is because it's required for online play on PS4.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 14 of 154 (330 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Feb 7, 2014
I cant quote on mobile (go figure) but Im sure the other 50% just dont think they can afford it or are just playing f2p until a game that interests them releases. I have seen complaint about both tons of times.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 15 of 154 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5704 posts

Feb 7, 2014

LOL! I have a two year subscription base with PS Plus I enjoy it a lot.. The PS4 JUST came out dude seriously give it itme and it will  improve stop bashing on something that just came out ffs

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 16 of 154 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Feb 7, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

cross12095 wrote:

Pinktoe_ wrote:
Looooool no!!

It's a good thing that sony charges us now because they can make the online servers better instead of not having the funds to do so

Here's a fun fact, Sony does not provide the servers for your online games unless it's first party.

You get what I'm saying.

I would understand if they improved the network first, charging more makes sense.

But to charge first and the non-verbal and assumed promise that one day things will get better as long as we pay enough is gamer logic at its worst.

I think just the idea they are paying makes them feel like its a better experience, much like those who used to try and justify live.

People act like not paying means playing online will result in you getting dissconected or lagging, its not true on PS3.

Well what did you expect Sony to do? Microsoft has been charging for years and they give far less. Many of the web based apps included with the PS4 don't even require the subscription. On Xbox ONE they charge for these things. MS hardly gives anything free. We get a lot of great games, namely Outlast. 

Problem is many of you guys here against this have been spoiled too long from Sony's free online gaming. They can't be stupid and allow Microsoft to get away with it. But in terms of overall value, we (those who have a subscription) are not only paying less than the Xbox charges, we get much more. This has nothing to do with setting our minds up to believe things will get "better" by paying for them. No jokes but you need to check your horrible attitude towards people here. 

Message 17 of 154 (314 Views)
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Feb 7, 2014

cross12095 wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

LOL. Click-baiting title much?

I like how you took an article that is talking about how it's considered a GOOD thing that over 50% of the 4.2 million PS4 owners have a PS+ subscription and interpreted that as a sign of doom. Glass half empty much?

Actual quote from article:

Kaz: I’m going to just add a little more color by saying that [of] all the4.2 million PS4s that have already moved into the hands of consumers, more than half of the people that have now gotten their hands with the PS4 have actually signed up for [the] PS Plus service, which bodes very well for us as well.

No not all, the article does state that more than 50% of PS4 owners are subscribers but not exactly how much. What I said does stand since I said that almost 50% of PS4 owners are not subscribers. If PS Plus was a success then the subscription numbers would be way higher like around 80-90% not around 50%. The only reason it's even at 50% is because it's required for online play on PS4.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/xbox-statistics/

Research date 6.19.2013

31 Million Xbox Live Subscribers. That's not even 50% of the ~78million 360 sold on the market at that time.

50% attach rate should have Sony excited. That's about $8 million in the bank each month.

Message 18 of 154 (312 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Feb 7, 2014

those who defend pay for online must be SONY employees paid to encourage this BS or mad XBOTS who want to sabotage PSN or just stupid kids who have their parents pay for them and they dont have any knowledge oh how $ are earned

PSN is just fine as it is , why not pay for PS3 online then and for VITA

Sarcasam incoming:

SONY PLEASE MAKE US PAY FOR PS3 AND VITA ASWELL

I AM WILLING TO PAY 10£ A MONTH DO IT SONY I LOVE YOU 

I LOVE YOU SONY TAKE MY MONEY NOW 

/sarcasm

Message 19 of 154 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Feb 7, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

cross12095 wrote:

Pinktoe_ wrote:
Looooool no!!

You get what I'm saying.

That's the thing, the network does not need any improvement because it is already good. PlayStation Network is in no way inferior to Xbox Live. All those extra bell & whistles (Party Chat, etc) the 360 had over the PS3 wasn't because of XBL Gold it was because the 360 hardware could handle it and the PS3 couldn't. Just like the the PS4, Sony doesn't provide the live streaming and video uploads, the PS4 hardware handles everything (decompression, compression, uploading,etc) and the 3rd party services are in charge of the services (uStream, Facebook, Twitch, etc).

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 20 of 154 (305 Views)
0 Likes