Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 31 2012
By: Molendie First Son 4 posts

PS Plus and WWE '13 Release Day Discount on Fan Axxess

[ Edited ]
15 replies 783 views Edited Nov 2, 2012

I bought WWE 13 yesterday on release day, came home and immedietly bought all the DLC. Later in the day when the PS store was updated, they had the DLC discounted 50% for PS + users. I've had PS + for 2 years. If I would have waited a few hours, I would have saved $10. That is not right.

If something in the store update is a discount for something on release day then it should be available when the game is available, not whenever the store is updated. I doubt PS would credit my wallet $10 so I won't even ask. I just think this is something that PS + users probably run into that really isn't right.

<Community Manager (Morgan) Note> 

Hi everyone. We're currently reviewing this issue. I've retitled the thread title to be a bit more clear, but I will update here if there is anything we're able to do on this note. 

Update #2: I will be working with Customer Service to get them on the same page, but right now we are outlining a process to get all affected a $10 voucher to address their price difference. This should be delivered via XMB message, but as far as when we can execute, we're working on that timetable now, but at the latest, it would come next week.  More soon. 

</end community manager note> 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (783 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28655 posts

Re: Playstation Plus and discounts for new games on release day

Oct 31, 2012

Molendie wrote:

I bought WWE 13 yesterday on release day, came home and immedietly bought all the DLC. Later in the day when the PS store was updated, they had the DLC discounted 50% for PS + users. I've had PS + for 2 years. If I would have waited a few hours, I would have saved $10. That is not right.

If something in the store update is a discount for something on release day then it should be available when the game is available, not whenever the store is updated. I doubt PS would credit my wallet $10 so I won't even ask. I just think this is something that PS + users probably run into that really isn't right.

I'd be a little dissapointed too, having said that I probably wouldn't have been so eager to download all the DLC like you were, in any even some of the digital downloads have been made avaialble to customers earlier than the usual store update which updates around 5pm-7pm, that's when the DLC is released, not at the same time as the digital release, so I'd have probably waited a little time to see if the DCL was to be discounted, like it was.

A lesson learned maybe, wait till the store updates before rushing out for the DLC.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (771 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Moved from PSN support. :smileywink:

space_cape!!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (763 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Oct 31, 2012
Contact support, I can almost guarantee they'll work something out with you.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (753 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Lesson learned I suppose. Still don't like it though. Already spent 60 on the game. Would have been nice to save 10 on the DLC since I'm already paying to have the right to that with +. Oh well. Sorry I posted in the wrong place. I was actually looking for a Plus forum to post in but missed it somehow.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (753 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 31, 2012

I sent an email last night. Mostly to vent. I doubt they'll respond or credit my wallet or anything.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (751 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Oct 31, 2012

I completely agree, thats why i have stopped buying things from the PSstore(as long as i have PSplus). Sony has to work this out!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (742 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Oct 31, 2012
Molendie, call Sony. Morgan has responded to users with similar issues as yours and has told them to contact support by phone as they should be able to work something out. If you cared about your $10 you'd call them.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (730 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
834 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2012

Molendie wrote:

Uh, it helps to get informed. It was posted that the DLC would be 50% off.

PS Plus blog post from 10/29

"

WWE ’13 Fan Axxess

50% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $19.99, PS Plus Price: $10.00)

WWE ’13 is releasing tomorrow in retail stores everywhere and fans couldn’t be more excited to once again live larger than life through their favorite WWE SuperStars. The WWE ’13 Fan Axxess gets you all the announced DLC coming October through January with more SuperStars, Championship Titles, and moves. Normally priced at $19.99, PS Plus members get all three content packs, exclusive WWE Superstars Diamond Dallas Page and Golddust and more; all for just $10. For more details on the content, check out the full listing on IGN."

Those same blog posts happen every week on the Monday before the store updates. They highlight most if not all of the content coming to Plus the next day. The format may change in the future for when/how it's delivered but right now, that's how it is. Somebody always seems to post it on these forums too.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (721 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
1474 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

Molendie wrote:

Uh, it helps to get informed. It was posted that the DLC would be 50% off.

PS Plus blog post from 10/29

"

WWE ’13 Fan Axxess

50% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $19.99, PS Plus Price: $10.00)

WWE ’13 is releasing tomorrow in retail stores everywhere and fans couldn’t be more excited to once again live larger than life through their favorite WWE SuperStars. The WWE ’13 Fan Axxess gets you all the announced DLC coming October through January with more SuperStars, Championship Titles, and moves. Normally priced at $19.99, PS Plus members get all three content packs, exclusive WWE Superstars Diamond Dallas Page and Golddust and more; all for just $10. For more details on the content, check out the full listing on IGN."

Those same blog posts happen every week on the Monday before the store updates. They highlight most if not all of the content coming to Plus the next day. The format may change in the future for when/how it's delivered but right now, that's how it is. Somebody always seems to post it on these forums too.

To be fair though; that Season Pass was on sale all of the previous week, so there's no way he could have known that we were going to discount it the next week when we announced it. 

So I totally understand that this is a pain point. I'm doing some work now to identify the best solution for everyone; but until then, you'll want to contact CS to state your case. let us know in this thread should you have any troubles with them. 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (671 Views)
0 Likes